Start by marking “Wild Justice” as Want to Read:
Wild Justice

Wild Justice (Amanda Jaffe #1)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  2,975 Ratings  ·  198 Reviews
Performed by Margaret Whitton
6 hours/4 cassettes

Seven years ago, Phillip Margolin seized the imagination of thriller readers everywhere with his chilling breakout bestseller, Gone, but Not Forgotten. After five subsequent New York Times bestsellers, Margolin now returns to the haunting terrain of Gone, but Not Forgotten with a mesmerizing tour de force of psychological su
Audio, Abridged, 0 pages
Published March 23rd 2004 by HarperAudio (first published August 22nd 2000)

Robbie
Jan 11, 2009 Robbie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone in need of a brain vacation
How can you combine doctors, lawyers, local mafia, serial killers, abusive spouses, and harvested organs on the black market, into a psychological thriller set in the beautiful pacific northwest, and not succeed? I'll tell you how! Read Wild Justice.

Phillip Margolin lazily wrote Wild Justice, both in character development and from a plot standpoint. For example, we learn on page 160 that local mafia hitman Ed Gordon is an ex-marine who had been dishonorably discharged for assaulting an officer.
Li'l Owl
Really a great thriller! This had me questioning myself over and over again. At the last 10 pages, I had an inkling as to who the killer was, but I hadn't guessed it all! What a twisted ending!! Will be reading the entire series, I'm thinking!
Alex Shelby
Probably 4.5 stars because I did figure out the twist. However it wasn't until about 80% in that I put things together and this was a great page turner, so I'll bump it up to 5.
Tara Hall
Oct 20, 2012 Tara Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. It held my interest from the first few pages, and I was riveted to the end. I identified with all the characters. I rooted for the tender-footed attorney, Amanda, and liked her transition over the years into a strong willed woman and capable attorney. I enjoyed the various other doctors implicated in the brutal crimes (I am not going into detail so I won’t spoil the plot), and each one was a complete character that was well fleshed out. I even liked the various bit players, li ...more
Patrice Hoffman
Finished this book in one day. It was an entertaining read. The first half was pretty boring but I stuck with it to get to the real heart of the story. It was pretty obvious who the real killer was the whole time but it was still fun getting to the end.
Matt Garcia
May 25, 2017 Matt Garcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wild Justice has as a quick pace to it with short, engaging chapters.
A deeply engrossing read. I was so engaged that I didn't want to put it down. Fans of mystery films/books and courtroom dramas will most likely have a good time with this one. I sure did.
I really enjoy a good courtroom drama where the lawyers are sharp, witty and and charismatic. Where they display their cases in interesting and clever ways. Two of my favorite films of all time are "A Few Good Men" and "My Cousin Vinny" which
Kristen
In Philip Margolin's Wild Justice, the first installment in the Amanda Jaffe legal thriller series, this thriller will give you chills and make you shudder. When Amanda Jaffe joined her father's law firm as an associate, he helped him take the case against Vincent Cardoni. A prominent doctor who's been arrested for series crimes, who had run into some trouble with the law and with the mafia. He claims he's innocent and that Justine Castle, his soon-to-be ex-wife had framed him. During his trial, ...more
Ceren Ünlü
May 31, 2012 Ceren Ünlü rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Phillip Margolin / Vahşi Adalet
Vahşi Adalet kitabı okundu bitti. Bitmese olacaktı, biraz daha okusaydım keşke. :) Ama işte kitap güzel olunca anında, soluksuz okunuyor.
Kitabı çok beğendim ! Tam benim tarzımdı ve çok zekice kurgulanmıştı. Cinayetler tüylerimi ürpertir, ağzım açık okurken vay be dedim ne canavarlar var. Bir de okurken etraf karanlık falan işte tek gece lambası açık, gaipten sesler duymaya da başladım. Sonra aman sen kenidini öldürülenlerin yerine değil öldürenin yerine koy dedim.
Burcu Akpınar
Nov 19, 2014 Burcu Akpınar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ana karakteri ceza avukatı değilde dünyadan bihaber saf, masum normal yurdum insanı tipinde bişey yapsalardı her şey 10 numara olucakmış. Bu kadar saf kahraman olmaz. Resmen delirip bir ara sesli söylenirken yakaladım kendimi:) Gene de kurgu, akıcılık vs. sıkmadan okutuyor kendini...
Pr Latta
[eAudio] First in the Amanda Jaffe series and first Phillip Margolin that I've read. Reminded me of a faster paced, less pedantic, more grisly, less depressed Barbara Holloway (Kate Wilhelm) tale but that probably was influenced by the fact that Anna Fields was the narrator and the lawyer father is also called "Frank." I enjoyed listening to the book but the rating was brought down by the lack of credibility in "procedure" -- too many professionals going to dangerous places by themselves, fantas ...more
Kelliann Gomez
Feb 06, 2017 Kelliann Gomez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars really.

I tend to be biased against cop/detective-y books since so many read the same. Like there are times where I wonder if they all went to the same creative writing classes... Or are maybe all one incredibly prolific writer who keeps writing the same sh*t under different names.

Starting this book, I got a bit of that, "Ugh, not again..." factor, but I was pleasantly surprised. it was somewhere between Red Dragon (which I mainly bring up since it was mentioned as a comparison on the b
Susan Krich
May 13, 2017 Susan Krich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book with many twists, turns and possibilities.
Once I started, I didn't want to put it down.
Marisolea
Jan 31, 2017 Marisolea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, novela-negra
Muy entretenido y engancha bastante, aunque es cierto que sabes (o al menos yo lo supe) quién es el asesino enseguida.
Me ha chirriado algún detalle, muy de novela romántica, como insistir en que determinado personaje tiene los ojos del color verde jade. No creo que sea un dato tan necesario para la trama como para repetirlo. Pero vaya, es por sacarle punta a algo.
Blood Rose Books
Apr 09, 2012 Blood Rose Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Phillip Margolin, a former criminal justice attorney, brings his readers Wild Justice, where justice is never straight forward in and outside of the courtroom.

A haunting massacre awaits investigators near a cabin in the woods, the "works" of a mad man, a serial killer that has taken meticulous care to make sure that each of the victims suffered. Caught on scene and arrested is a brilliant but violent and drug abusing surgeon Dr. Vincent Cardoni. Cardoni hires the top lawyer in Frank Jaffe and hi
Bekah
Mar 09, 2017 Bekah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The very first book I've ever read by him, my top favorite!
Tomi
Mar 09, 2017 Tomi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery with plenty of plot twists.
Greg Lang
Mar 07, 2015 Greg Lang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about 15 years old and was given to me second hand by a close friend about 12 years ago. It sat on a shelf in my home office all these years being overlooked time and again. While searching through my collection with my daughter about a month ago, I finally discovered it and what a hidden treasure it has turned out to be! This is simply one of the best works of fiction I have ever read and definitely cracks my all time favorite list!

To kick things off, a highly illegal, black market
Jason May
We're immediately introduced into a highly unethical situation involving two surgeons who made a deal with a local mafia man for a human heart. However, the deal is interrupted by police and the one surgeon, Clifford Grant, takes off with both the money and the heart and returns to his partner in crime, Vincent Cardoni.

Cue our first encounter with defense attorney lawyer Amanda Jaffe. Working along side her father, Amanda is getting her feet wet in the business through her father's firm. Vincent
Sheri faulk
Jan 10, 2017 Sheri faulk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thursday: Subject is still combative after four days of applied pain, sleep deprivation and minimal food.

Vice squad detective Bobby Vasquez, for months on the trail of a slippery underworld figure, receives an anonymous tip that directs him to a mountain cabin. He races through the idyllic Oregon woods, expecting to close the book on a long-standing vendetta. What he finds instead opens a Pandora's box of horror that will haunt him to his dying day.

8:10: Subject bound and gaffed and placed in up
Gina
Sep 04, 2013 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened
Wild Justice by Phillip Margolin.

I liked this story, it was interesting and moved along quickly, only taking 7 CDs. Amanda Jaffe is not long out of law school and has decided to work in her father's criminal defense law firm. The book starts with Amanda's first trial case out of school and I'm sure it will bring laughs and cringes to any former junior attorneys.

Dr. Vincent Cardoni, a jerk of a surgeon is a cocaine addict and is suspected of at least 9 horrific murders and possibly stiffing the l
Anna Stewart McCall
Wild Justice is the first appearance of Amanda Jaffe, a criminal defense attorney in Portland trying to emerge from the shadow of her father. The two are hired to defend Vincent Cardoni, a surgeon accused of torturing and murdering nine people in the woods of Oregon. He claims his wife framed him, and on a technicality, he is released. Soon after, he mysteriously disappears. Fast forward four years, and Amanda is wiser and more experienced but still trying to develop her own identity as a crimin ...more
Rob1109
Nov 03, 2014 Rob1109 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth Margolin book I've read and while I can't say his novels are "literary masterpieces" or are outstanding excellent books, I CAN say they are very very very good. Wild Justice keeps up that tradition.

Everyone has their own opinion--on plots and an author's writing style. To me, this book has all the things that I personally enjoy: There are good plot twists and turns, unexpected surprises, characters I felt connected to and related to. The book moves along quickly and is a fairly
Nani
Jan 30, 2014 Nani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-2014
Amanda Jaffe book #2 was the Nook deal of the day at Barnes & Noble.com and it looks like a good book so of course if the price was reasonable I had to get book #1 to read first. Wild Justice looked like a decent read and was reasonably priced so I bought book #1 and the $2 special book #2.

I knew who the killer in this book was by page 30. By page 60, I knew I was wrong because I knew somebody else was. I was sure I was right this time until about 20 pages later and I realized I was right to
Smith Gómez
Feb 16, 2016 Smith Gómez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
el libro nos cuenta la historia de una serie de asesinatos que se han visto en portland, amanda una chica abogada empieza a investigar sobre el caso con su padre el dueño de la compañía de abodagos donde Amanda trabajaba.

el libro esta dividido en dos partes, la primera nos cuenta el descubrimiento de una fosa con 9 cadáveres que muestran marcas de tortura y un posible asesino. en la segunda parte es 4 años después y se encuentra otra cabaña con los mismos patrones del crimen pero ahora se culpa
 Marla
I like detective novels better than lawyer novels, but this is more serial killer mystery than trial and involves an interesting tale of a divorce gone horribly wrong.

(view spoiler)
Catherine Nelson
Johnsergeant
Nov 27, 2007 Johnsergeant rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Downloaded from Audible.com

Narrator: Anna Fields
Publisher: Harper Audio, 2001
Length: 8 hours 30 min.

Publisher's Summary
In a mountain cabin, a detective opens a Pandora's box of horror that will haunt him to his dying day. Within hours, Vincent Cardoni - a brilliant surgeon with a history of violence and drug abuse - is arrested for the heinous crime. Facing a seemingly insurmountable wall of evidence, he turns to top criminal defense attorney Frank Jaffe and his daughter Amanda. Her first taste
Martin Baggs
Nov 01, 2015 Martin Baggs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hadn’t read a Phillip Margolin book in a while and wanted to read a defense lawyer novel, so on a whim I picked up Wild Justice. As a bonus, it’s set in Portland.

This is the first in the Amanda Joffe series and introduces her from her first court case. The story follows a doctor who is accused of torturing and murdering several people in rural Oregon. Amanda and her father defend him but the case is left in limbo when he disappears presumed murdered. It picks up again four years later when a
Joy
Aug 05, 2016 Joy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery lovers
Recommended to Joy by: dunno actually - have read him before ...
SPOILERS:
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK AND MAY READ IT SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE!!!

YOU CAN READ THIS TIDBIT IF YOU KNOW YOU WON'T READ THE BOOK IN THE FUTURE AND - OR - ARE TOTALLY UNINTERESTED IN MYSTERIES. THEN BY ALL MEANS, READ MY SHORT REVIEW.

Read if you like my writing, reviews or styles and you'd like perusing more of my thoughts!

As soon as Tony was on the scene I figured he was the one. Kind of disappointing in that I was right. I kept hoping for some kind of last second Robert
Marc
Jan 31, 2016 Marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With surgeons harvesting organs for ruthless gangsters, gruesome murders committed in obscure locations, videos of torture and a field of suspects it is up to a criminal lawyer's newly qualified daughter to solve the case.
The story flows from one suspect to another and our attention is focussed first one way and then another as events compound and confuse as the bodies pile up.
The suspects as characters are largely unpleasant and violent. But which of them is behind the nightmares we see develo
  • Case of Lies (Nina Reilly #11)
  • Black River (Frank Corso, #2)
  • Fury (Butch Karp, #17)
  • Missing Justice (Samantha Kincaid #2)
  • Capitol Murder (Ben Kincaid, #14)
  • Betrayal (Dismas Hardy, #12)
  • Death Qualified (Barbara Holloway #1)
  • Moment of Truth (Rosato & Associates, #5)
  • Privileged Information (Alan Gregory, #1)
  • Fatal Flaw (Victor Carl, #3)
  • The Shanghai Tunnel
  • Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Echo Burning, The Visitor, Tripwire, Die Trying, Without Fail, Persuader, One Shot, The Enemy, The Hard Way, Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher, #1-11)
  • The Echo of Violence (Sweet Justice, #3)

Amanda Jaffe (5 books)
  • Ties That Bind (Amanda Jaffe, #2)
  • Proof Positive (Amanda Jaffe, #3)
  • Fugitive (Amanda Jaffe, #4)
  • Violent Crimes (Amanda Jaffe, #5)

“Frank,” McCarthy said” 0 likes