Start by marking “Ravenor Returned” as Want to Read:
Ravenor Returned

Ravenor Returned (Ravenor #2)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,627 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Following the adventures of Imperial Inquisitor Ravenor and his warband of the dark and gothic future, this title is the second in 'Ravenor' series.
Published July 11th 2006 by Games Workshop(uk) (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ravenor Returned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravenor Returned

Bradley
Sep 25, 2011 Bradley rated it liked it
Dark and out of my comfort zone. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Lots of death and scads of action. Nice and enjoyable. I am keeping this tale. =)
Xeddicus
Sep 26, 2015 Xeddicus rated it liked it
Gideon sure gets his ass kicked mentally all the time for being just a mind.

And can't sense whatever Carl is...

And doesn't have a way to report in...

And still doesn't have a weapon on his chair that doesn't require psy power...

Ravenor kinda sucks. Hopefully Eisenhor turns back up and isn't a bad guy.

Glad Kara wasn't demon-replaced like Carl seems to kinda be. So far it just seems like a power upgrade, but of course that be too easy. Carl has some shit luck, it seems.

Zeph went out like a m
Kam
Dec 23, 2013 Kam rated it really liked it
Most people don't like being wrong. Part of the dislike towards being wrong is an innate evolutionary reaction, but most of it is culturally-ingrained. But no matter how hard one tries to avoid being wrong, one can be wrong, and far too often, is. It's simply a part of life.

Sometimes, though, one is happy to be proven wrong - there are plenty of times, I'm sure, when being right would mean something terrible, and in those moments, it's always a happy thing to know that one has been wrong the wh
Martin
Sep 04, 2014 Martin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: warhammer-40k
Ravenor Returned, picks up approximately a year after the events of the previous book. Through the prosecution of his investigation into the Flect Trade, Ravenor has discovered that what he previously thought was a simple drug trade is actually something a whole lot worse. In fact the Flect Trade was just a by-product of a far greater conspiracy.

Hitting the ground running from where the previous book left off, Ravenor and his team are thrust back into the underworld of Eustis Majoris. There they
Vedran
Apr 20, 2016 Vedran rated it really liked it
Step up from last book since it has picked the pace up, but I wouldn't really call it a page turner. Abnett sets good foundations, then sends you to a bog that needs some persistence to be trudged through and ends with an interesting "guns blazing" finish. Cliffhanger that announces the next book is there, as usual.
Worth reading if you're already into WH40k but I wouldn't pick Ravenor series as intro to it.
Bahadır
Mar 29, 2016 Bahadır rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first and last thirds of the book. But overall I thought it was a very weak book. Especially compared to Eisenhorn series. The twist towards the end was way too obvious and it was done before in Eisenhorn so It really fell short in that regard. There are some cool bits here and there but I was mainly bored reading this book and couldn't wait to get over with it.

This book isn't anything special.
Marco Vaca
May 03, 2014 Marco Vaca rated it really liked it
Mr. Abnett did it again !

I'm absolutely loving the Ravenor trilogy so far. His writing style is very much to my tastes and as I told before on the Book #1 review, the final chapters of the book are by far more exiting than most of the last decade "action" movies.

The plot indeed thickens on the second book and though it was obvious what the "surprise" of the book would be (the identity of Slyte), I enjoyed very much to the last page. Tragedy awaits indeed...

Again, I think this is a 4.5 star book.
Eulercauchy
Nov 14, 2013 Eulercauchy rated it liked it
This was an OK book. A decent middle chapter, no where near as good as any part of the Eisenhorn trilogy. I'll have to see how the story shapes up in the final book. It might be worth it all, or it might be just blah. Eisenhorn was excellent because of the timespan it took for the entire series to cover and really showed a great progression of the character.

Ravenor it seems, is just going to remain the goodie little two shoes he started out as and isn't going to change much.

Maybe, Abnett just
Adrian Collins
Aug 06, 2012 Adrian Collins rated it really liked it

The first book in this series had me intrigued. Not quiet obsessed, as I tend to get, but interested enough to read Returned. That changed during the course of this book. Abnett has delivered an absolute cracker! I'm now chomping at the bit to get into Rogue.

The sheer scale of this author's imagination within the confides of the Games Workshop universe is unbelievable. His writing is incredibly descriptive and paints magnificent imagery.

The finish is massive. Absolutely massive. Looking forwar
Alfonso Junquera perez
Segunda parte de la trilogía dedicada al inquisidor Ravenor pero no por ello menos intensa ya que si la anterior novela que estaba mas centrada en la “investigación” de un asunto de drogas (entre comillas que esto es Warhammer al fin y al cabo) en esta lo que se intenta es descubrir a los cabecillas de la conspiración y acabar con ellos ante de que puedan llevar a cabo sus planes. Aunque quizás eso no sea tan fácil como parece ya que puede que alguien más aparte de las partes implicadas le inter ...more
Henry
Sep 11, 2008 Henry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book i read about a month after the first. i came home from camp, in which time i had read feed, and picked this up from my brothers shelf. One thing i really liked about this book was the continuation from the first. In Eisenhorn, the inquisitor had been on two completely different missions when he had met cherubael. but in this book, it was less then a year apart. he was still on special condition, trying to elimiate contract 13.
Janne Järvinen
Nov 17, 2012 Janne Järvinen rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Most of the way through, I enjoyed this book as much as any other Eiseinhorn or Ravenor book. In the end, though, this one doesn't stand on it's own as well other Abnett books.

It's still OK, though, and hopefully Abnett will manage to set up the next book better by sacrificing something in this one.
Жанна Пояркова
Jun 10, 2012 Жанна Пояркова rated it really liked it
Я определенно стала фанатом Дэна Абнетта. В мире боевой фантастики трудно назвать кого-то лучше и зажигательнее. Масштаб, схватки, интрига, персонажи - без лишних подробностей, которые оттолкнут аудиторию новеллизаций игр, но и без халтуры. Очень четко, очень круто. Нужно экранизировать немедленно.
Brandon Hickey
Jan 02, 2014 Brandon Hickey rated it really liked it
Not as good as the Eisenhorn stuff, but Abnett delivers again.
Jack
Oct 20, 2011 Jack rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Another piece of Warhammer 40K from the entirely competent Dan Abnett. It's pure popcorn reading, not intended to engage much of your brain. The middle piece of a trilogy, it does reasonably well as a standalone.
Jim
Ravenor is back for another installment as the powerful psyker in the Imperial inquisition. Things go from bad to worse as he tries to solve the puzzles in his mission.
Peter
Much better than the first in the series. I have given it four, even though it is more like a three-and-a-half, but i am generous..
JT
Jan 08, 2009 JT rated it liked it
Short and sweet--a Ravenor sequel, same kind of stuff going on. But has all of the recommended qualities of the original.
Chompa
Mar 28, 2009 Chompa rated it it was amazing
Very fun read. The characters were interesting & the story moved along very well.
Craig
Mar 26, 2008 Craig rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any sci-fi fan, horror fan, or 40K player
Shelves: mcnerdigan-s-pub
Re-reading again in preparation for Ravenor Rogue, which just came out.

Still love it.
Kathy Lynn
Nov 24, 2008 Kathy Lynn rated it liked it
Somehow, this series is like potato chips....
Jon
Nov 15, 2014 Jon rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi
(see review for "Ravenor Rogue")
Richard B.
Jun 04, 2009 Richard B. rated it it was amazing
My favourite from the series.
Mike Kelley
Aug 25, 2008 Mike Kelley rated it really liked it
excellent
Jeremy Wallace
Jeremy Wallace rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Mr Sam Warrior
Mr Sam Warrior rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Chaotic_Licorice
Chaotic_Licorice is currently reading it
May 24, 2016
Dino Calandra
Dino Calandra rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Michael Nichols
Michael Nichols rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
  • Duty Calls
  • Hammer of Daemons (Grey Knights, #3)
  • Storm of Iron