Start by marking “Ravenor Returned” as Want to Read:
Ravenor Returned

Ravenor Returned (Ravenor #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,443 ratings  ·  21 reviews
On the wild frontiers of human space, Inquisitor Gideon Ravenor and his elite team of agents hunt down mankind's most dangerous enemies. If Chaos is left unchecked, mankind's future is surely doomed.
Published July 11th 2006 by Games Workshop(uk) (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ravenor Returned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravenor Returned

Bradley
Dark and out of my comfort zone. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Lots of death and scads of action. Nice and enjoyable. I am keeping this tale. =)
Kam
Most people don't like being wrong. Part of the dislike towards being wrong is an innate evolutionary reaction, but most of it is culturally-ingrained. But no matter how hard one tries to avoid being wrong, one can be wrong, and far too often, is. It's simply a part of life.

Sometimes, though, one is happy to be proven wrong - there are plenty of times, I'm sure, when being right would mean something terrible, and in those moments, it's always a happy thing to know that one has been wrong the wh
Martin
Ravenor Returned, picks up approximately a year after the events of the previous book. Through the prosecution of his investigation into the Flect Trade, Ravenor has discovered that what he previously thought was a simple drug trade is actually something a whole lot worse. In fact the Flect Trade was just a by-product of a far greater conspiracy.

Hitting the ground running from where the previous book left off, Ravenor and his team are thrust back into the underworld of Eustis Majoris. There they
Marco Vaca
Mr. Abnett did it again !

I'm absolutely loving the Ravenor trilogy so far. His writing style is very much to my tastes and as I told before on the Book #1 review, the final chapters of the book are by far more exiting than most of the last decade "action" movies.

The plot indeed thickens on the second book and though it was obvious what the "surprise" of the book would be (the identity of Slyte), I enjoyed very much to the last page. Tragedy awaits indeed...

Again, I think this is a 4.5 star book.
Eulercauchy
This was an OK book. A decent middle chapter, no where near as good as any part of the Eisenhorn trilogy. I'll have to see how the story shapes up in the final book. It might be worth it all, or it might be just blah. Eisenhorn was excellent because of the timespan it took for the entire series to cover and really showed a great progression of the character.

Ravenor it seems, is just going to remain the goodie little two shoes he started out as and isn't going to change much.

Maybe, Abnett just
Adrian Collins

The first book in this series had me intrigued. Not quiet obsessed, as I tend to get, but interested enough to read Returned. That changed during the course of this book. Abnett has delivered an absolute cracker! I'm now chomping at the bit to get into Rogue.

The sheer scale of this author's imagination within the confides of the Games Workshop universe is unbelievable. His writing is incredibly descriptive and paints magnificent imagery.

The finish is massive. Absolutely massive. Looking forwar
Alfonso Junquera perez
Segunda parte de la trilogía dedicada al inquisidor Ravenor pero no por ello menos intensa ya que si la anterior novela que estaba mas centrada en la “investigación” de un asunto de drogas (entre comillas que esto es Warhammer al fin y al cabo) en esta lo que se intenta es descubrir a los cabecillas de la conspiración y acabar con ellos ante de que puedan llevar a cabo sus planes. Aunque quizás eso no sea tan fácil como parece ya que puede que alguien más aparte de las partes implicadas le inter ...more
Henry
This book i read about a month after the first. i came home from camp, in which time i had read feed, and picked this up from my brothers shelf. One thing i really liked about this book was the continuation from the first. In Eisenhorn, the inquisitor had been on two completely different missions when he had met cherubael. but in this book, it was less then a year apart. he was still on special condition, trying to elimiate contract 13.
Janne Järvinen
Most of the way through, I enjoyed this book as much as any other Eiseinhorn or Ravenor book. In the end, though, this one doesn't stand on it's own as well other Abnett books.

It's still OK, though, and hopefully Abnett will manage to set up the next book better by sacrificing something in this one.
Жанна Пояркова
Я определенно стала фанатом Дэна Абнетта. В мире боевой фантастики трудно назвать кого-то лучше и зажигательнее. Масштаб, схватки, интрига, персонажи - без лишних подробностей, которые оттолкнут аудиторию новеллизаций игр, но и без халтуры. Очень четко, очень круто. Нужно экранизировать немедленно.
Brandon Hickey
Not as good as the Eisenhorn stuff, but Abnett delivers again.
Jack
Another piece of Warhammer 40K from the entirely competent Dan Abnett. It's pure popcorn reading, not intended to engage much of your brain. The middle piece of a trilogy, it does reasonably well as a standalone.
Jim
Ravenor is back for another installment as the powerful psyker in the Imperial inquisition. Things go from bad to worse as he tries to solve the puzzles in his mission.
Peter
Much better than the first in the series. I have given it four, even though it is more like a three-and-a-half, but i am generous..
JT
Short and sweet--a Ravenor sequel, same kind of stuff going on. But has all of the recommended qualities of the original.
Chompa
Very fun read. The characters were interesting & the story moved along very well.
Craig
Mar 26, 2008 Craig rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any sci-fi fan, horror fan, or 40K player
Shelves: mcnerdigan-s-pub
Re-reading again in preparation for Ravenor Rogue, which just came out.

Still love it.
Kathy Lynn
Somehow, this series is like potato chips....
Jon
Nov 15, 2014 Jon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: scifi
(see review for "Ravenor Rogue")
Richard B.
My favourite from the series.
Liulica Vlad
Liulica Vlad marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
  • Duty Calls
  • Hammer of Daemons (Grey Knights, #3)
  • Dark Apostle