Start by marking “Between the Pipes (Blue Line Hockey, #2)” as Want to Read:
Between the Pipes (Blue Line Hockey, #2)

Between the Pipes (Blue Line Hockey #2)

When Trey dreamed of one day playing professional hockey, he always imagined it would be for one of the top ranking NHL teams. He never fathomed he’d end up on a last place, farm team and struggling to live from one paycheck to the next. Instead of limousines, endorsement deals and accolades, he’s stuck with a rundown rink, jeering ex-fans and a crappy second-hand truck th ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Between the Pipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between the Pipes

Ami
Feb 20, 2011 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories

The first book Offside Pass is one of the most heartfelt of Stephani Hecht's stories; so I definitely excited with this one, since it's Trey's story (and he has suffered such hard life, I cannot help for wanting him to have his HEA)

Unfortunately, this story suffers from its length. It is tad too short for building the kind of relationship I want to see from Trey and Wade. It has a very good basis for conflict, since Wade is a cop, and it's complicated because of Trey's past. However, th
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
2.7 Stars

Barely Meh. Points deducted for stupid editing errors (facilities/faculties, suite/suit, owe/own...just to name a few) and poor characterization. I really couldn't give a rat's ass about either of the MCs by the end of the book and that's just sad.

(And yet another example of what I will make myself read in order to complete a challenge; this time it was for Whips & Kisses - I needed a Hockey book and I'm trying to avoid re-reads; thank heavens it also at least counted for Spellapalo
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Trey Canton has experienced more than most men his age: abuse, death, and the loss of an up-and-coming hockey career. After word got out that Trey was gay, he lost the chance to play for a professional hockey team. It also cost him what bit of normalcy he had in his life at the hands of an abusive father.

Trey and his older twin brothers, Chad and Devon, play for the same rundown hockey farm team, the Hawks. Chad and Devon are the kind of brothers any person would love to have. They sacrificed t
Tam
Mar 06, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Younger brother/goalie Trey is "blackmailed" by the reporter whose keeping his secret into helping her sister's young son whose the worst goalie ever. Trey's not thrilled, but he finds meeting the kid's uncle isn't bad. Except for one thing, Wade is a cop, and everyone continues to tell Trey how important it is to keep their secret about his father's death, however he can't stay away. Wade is the first guy who doesn't treat him like a convenient or celebrity fuck. Then their older drug addict br ...more
Stacey Jo
This was a great second part to the Blue Line Hockey Series. Trey, the youngest of the brothers has a lot of insecurity issues but Wade, an officer on the Battle Creek police force, has a strong personality and is exactly what Trey needs. Trey's been through a lot and doesn't feel like he will ever have the chance for a real relationship, which is what Wade wants to give him. But because of his past, and his family secret, and who Wade is, his brothers want him to end things with Wade. After get ...more
Gigi
Aug 27, 2012 Gigi rated it liked it
This was another re-read for me and once again it did not live up to my original memory. I had planned on re-reading the entire Blue Line Hockey series, but have now decided to let my original memory of the series rest. It's just better that way. :)

I did like this better than the first one, most likely because one of the MCs was a police officer. So, again, I can recommend this to M/M romance fans of hockey, but just plain 'ol M/M romance fans, there is way too much out there far better than thi
Nic
Mar 04, 2013 Nic rated it liked it
This is the second book in the series. In the first book we saw Devon get his happy ending. This time the focus is on Trey.

Trey is one of the Canton brothers. They have experienced a very hard upbringing and family tragedy which has reflected in their fall from grace in the hockey world. Trey's brothers, particularly Devon, are paranoid that family secrets may be revealed and are adamant that this means Trey can't date Wade, a policeman and the brother of a friend.

Once again, a nice story with
Alina
Sep 17, 2011 Alina rated it it was amazing
I'm happy to see Trey's story, I liked him in the first book!
Good and intense read, I liked the dynamic between Trey and Wade, Trey with kids was so cute too; and wow, I didn't think I could've been pissed at Davon, given how much I liked him in the previous book, but well - for all the 2 minutes and several paragraphs I really wanted to slug him! xD Glad he improved fast, though )))
Cassandra Carr
Jun 14, 2011 Cassandra Carr rated it liked it
The story is somewhat shallow, but it is a novella so it's a little more excusable. The biggest problems I had with this book were 1- the editing was atrocious and 2- the conflict wasn't very believable. The first thing the author has little control over, but the second... Unfortunately, I can't recommend this book.
Chris
Feb 19, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2011, ebook
Good m/m romance about another of the battling hockey brothers of Battle Creek. He doesn't want to date a cop because of a dark family secret or two, but he just can't help himself. I wanted this to be a bit longer, because an awful lot of things were included for a story of this length.
Susan
Sep 03, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2015
It's been so long since I read the first book in this series that it took me a while to get back in to it. I enjoyed the storyline but it did seem that everything happened very quickly.
ReviewerLarissa
Mar 02, 2011 ReviewerLarissa rated it really liked it
Hockey suddenly became a lot more interesting!
Ashley Cox
Mar 10, 2011 Ashley Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Love this series; can't wait for the next book!!
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Jun 14, 2015 Chris Kottner-Kirschner rated it it was amazing
Der Eishockey-Goolie Trey wurde wie seine Brüder Brock, Chad und Devon von ihrem Vater schon als Kind zu Höchstleistungen gedrillt. Ausser Sport gab es nichts im Leben der Familie Canton. Doch trotz aller Begeisterung für den Sport und der Begabung – Trey war und ist nicht perfekt. Und sein unfreiwilliges Outing hat nicht nur sein Leben, sondern auch das seiner Brüder verändert und die Familie in große Schwierigkeiten gebracht. Jahre später sind die Eltern gestorben, Brock im Drogensumpf verlore ...more
jules0623
Mar 26, 2012 jules0623 rated it really liked it
Mary Tillman
May 20, 2013 Mary Tillman rated it liked it
Shelves: same-sex
I enjoy the Canton brother stories, probably because the are centered around my favorite sport.

The world is built well, the relationships are well defined. The roles of each brother are pretty clear, until the perfect man for the youngest Canton steps into the picture. For the first time in his life, Trey is defying his older brothers wishes and enjoying his time with policeman Wade. Their relationship builds into a strong bond when Wade sets out to prove to Trey that Trey is more than an easy l
Natalija
Dec 02, 2012 Natalija rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I have mixed feelings about this book. While I really liked both characters, I didn't believe the love story between them. Maybe it's because I didn't get to know Wade very well... Anyhow, this is a must read if you liked Trey in the first book. I rooted for him & completely fell in love with him after reading Cherrypicker. I chuckled at his sense of humor and had a major crush on him by the end of the series.
Suze
Apr 21, 2012 Suze rated it liked it
3.5.  Another Canton 'bad' brother, Trey, gets his chance to put his demons to rest. Again, a fast paced, enjoyable short story, though a bit longer than Devon's, that draws you into the tale, though I did find Trey a bit 'soft' for how I imagine an ice hockey player to be (I only ever 'see' them in novels and the winter olympics every 4 years, so really know nothing). Need to know about Brock though.
Shannon
Sep 24, 2012 Shannon rated it liked it
Recommended to Shannon by: Holly
This was a cute story. Nothing crazy dramatic or angsty or heartbreaking, just a sweet kinda insta-love story. This one was about Trey, one of the Nolan brothers that we met in #1. These stories aren't really long or developed enough to have a real impact but they are quick, fun reads for times when a little fluff is in order.
Janna
Mar 03, 2011 Janna rated it liked it
Cute, sweet story, nothing deep and a bit short and fast paced, but it’s set in a nice world. Like the first book in this series it gives a peek into the hockey world and I liked seeing Trey’s brothers and teammates again. Trey and Wade are a cute and hot couple and I enjoyed their chemistry. I love me some sports heroes, especially when they hook up with a cop. :) 3.5 stars
Kendra T
Dec 19, 2011 Kendra T rated it really liked it
I liked this better than the first book of the series. Wade was such a great complement to Trey and I really enjoyed their chemistry. Their relationship moved fast like Devon and Saul's did but I felt this story had more meat to it for believability. I really enjoyed it.
Lisa Guertin
Jan 14, 2017 Lisa Guertin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story but poor editing

I really enjoy Stephani Hecht's writing, I just wish her books were edited better. There is no excuse for a professional writer misusing your and you're.
Meggie
Jul 03, 2011 Meggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: sport
This story was easy and sweet, but I do feel bad for Brock.
Nerea
Oct 14, 2016 Nerea rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-sports
A big part of the plot is repeated several times...
I cant feel the development of their relationship. Only see too much possessive behaviors.
Lasha
Aug 10, 2012 Lasha rated it liked it
Shelves: cops, sports
JenMcJ
Apr 17, 2011 JenMcJ rated it liked it
read
Leaundra
May 26, 2011 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
Awww I loved Trey even more in this one and he deserved to be happy, Wade was perfect for him<3
Paws
May 20, 2011 Paws rated it liked it
Shelves: hockey
A little more depth than the first.
Still rushed to tell the story of two people who have no back story.
Building on the foundation of the first book helps.
Kallunnah
Jun 26, 2012 Kallunnah rated it it was ok
Lower rating due to weird police officer reactions.
David
Dec 02, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
igual que el libro anterior, sirven para distraerte un momento, pero son buenos...
  • Home Ice
  • Offside (Offside, #1)
  • Crunch Time (Work Out, #4)
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)
  • Two-Man Advantage (Seattle Marauders, #1)
  • Sacking the Quarterback (Campus Cravings, #3)
  • Quarterback Sneak
  • Wrestling with Desire (Wrestling #1)
  • Noah (Englishmen Stories, #1)
  • Overdrive
  • Ten in the Bin
  • Faceoff (Playing the Field, #1)
  • Picks & Pucks
  • Ravages
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...

Blue Line Hockey (10 books)
  • Offside Pass (Blue Line Hockey, #1)
  • Cup Check (Blue Line Hockey, #3)
  • Blind Pass (Blue Line Hockey, #4)
  • Change on the Fly (Blue Line Hockey, #5)
  • Playing the Point (Blue Line Hockey, #6)
  • Cherrypicker (Blue Line Hockey, #7)
  • The Prodigal Brother (Blue Line Hockey, #8)
  • Cross Checking (Blue Line Hockey, #9)
  • Holiday Blues