Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Richest Man in Babylon” as Want to Read:
The Richest Man in Babylon
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Richest Man in Babylon

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  36,372 ratings  ·  1,603 reviews
Beloved by millions, this timeless classic holds the key to all you desire and everything you wish to accomplish. This is the book that reveals the secret to personal wealth.

The Success Secrets of the Ancients—
An Assured Road to Happiness and Prosperity

Countless readers have been helped by the famous “Babylonian parables,” hailed as the greatest of all inspirational w
Paperback, 144 pages
Published January 1st 2002 by Signet (first published January 1st 1926)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.
The Total Money Makeover by Dave RamseyThe Richest Man in Babylon by George S. ClasonThe Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. StanleyRich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. KiyosakiYour Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin
Best Books About Money
2nd out of 132 books — 259 voters
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. KiyosakiThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon HillHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThe Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki
Best Books For Beginning Entrepreneurs
6th out of 230 books — 301 voters

More lists with this book...

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 3,000)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
William Beesley
Books like Richest Man in Babylon, Rich Dad Poor Dad, the Millionaire next door will never go away unfortunately. There is too much money to be made in writing them. Richest Man in Babylon combines a simple premise with a mysterious title to drag the reader through 150 pages of drudgery that could be summed up in a couple of sentences:

1. Save 10% of everything you make.
2. Be smart not dumb
3. Invest the money you save.

Despite George Clason's (the author) best, somewhat self serving, intentions
سماح عطية
بعض الرغبات تظل في حيز الأمنيات حتى تجد من يحولها إلى واقع
فيصبح لها قيمة ومعنى .
من هذه الرغبات ؛ الرغبة في الثراء ،
فإن كان الراغب فرداً من عائلة فقيرة أو متوسطة الحال أو حتى موظف حكومي
فحينها ينظر البعض إلى رغبته تلك على أنها خيالية!
أو يمكن تحقيقها فقط بأن يتحول إلى لص، أو أن تهبط عليه ثروة من السماء !
وكأن طرق الثراء الحلال انقطعت أسبابها !

بهذا الكتاب يشرح المؤلف لمن استحوذت عليه تلك الرغبة فسعى مثابراً لأن يكونها؛
كيفية تحويلها إلى واقع ملموس ، بأسلوب قصصيّ استرسلت الأحداث
لتحوّل العقل الاسته
Jaber Almarri
انتهيت للتو من قراءة كتاب : أغنى رجل في بابل ل جورج كلاسون ومن ترجمة جرير تقييمي من

كتاب رائع يتحدث عن الثراء وكيفية تعلم مهارات الادخار للوصول للثراء بشكل قصصي متسلسل غير ممل

الكتاب يدور حول أغنى رجل في بابل المدعو آركاد العظيم وكيف اصبح أغنى رجل عن طريق النصائح القيمة المصاغه بأسلوب رائع

ثم يتشعب الكتاب للحكماء الاخرين وسر الغنى الذي يعيش فيه سكان بايل

فكرة الكتاب تقوم على ادخار عشر ما يحصل عليه الانسان ثم تشغيل هذا المبلغ واضافة الارباح لراس المال وهكذا

تطرق المولف الى الحرج الذي يقع للكثيرين عن
Redundant? Yes. Simplistic? Yes. Necessary? Absolutely. Reading the book changes one's perspective on personal finances.
Nad Mustafa
أول كتاب في الاقتصاد وإدارة الأموال أقرؤه
الفكرة جديدة عليّ

كتاب ممتع
والأسلوب قصصي مثير نوعًا ما
يحكي الكاتب الفكرة بتوسع ثم يعيد في خاتمة كل فصل الفكرة في جمل قصيرة تلخصها

أجمل فكرة في الكتاب بالنسبة لي هي تخصيص عشر الدخل دون إنفاق أبدًا وتوزيع بقية الدخل على مصروفات الحياة الضرورية.. هكذا بعد فترة سيصبح للإنسان مورد مالي ثابت يحتاج لتنميته بمغامرة ما :)
أو إنفاقه على كمالياته أو أمنياته..

أيضًا في الكتاب دعوة للإنفاق في وجوه الخير والإحسان..

شكرًا لمن أعارتني الكتاب
This book was absolutely fantastic! It really opened my eyes to finances and has changed the way I view them. One of the biggest things this book teaches is that no matter what size your income is, 10% of it is yours to keep. Another is that debt is an enemy to conquer, not a necessary evil. One of the families in the story did this, and had to pay rent on top of it. We have long realized that renting and paying interest on a mortgage is about the same. Michael and I came up with a spending plan ...more
ابتسامة علقت على صغري حينما انتهيت من قراءة الكتاب، هذا النوع من الكتب، هو كتاب يجعلك تشعر بالفخر لأنك قرأته، لأنك قرأته حتى النهاية وحينما تصل للنهاية تصدم من كم الفائدة الذي حصلت عليه من خلال هذا الكتاب.
قبل التحدث عن الكتاب دعوني أخبركم عن سبب قراءتي له، أنا مبذرة وحينما أستخدم هذه الكلمة أعنيها، جميع الأموال التي أحصل عليها من عملي ومن مصروفي الخاص يذهب دون رجعة، وفي ماذا ؟ في أشياء سخيفة وليست مفيدة، وعلى الرغم من هذا أعترف بذنبي وأشعر أنه يجب أن يكون لي مال مدخر، ولو قليلًا من أجل المستقب
Jan 05, 2008 Claudia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Claudia by: Robin Chinchilla
Shelves: self-help
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
This is a great starting item for someone who is pressed for time and doesn't want to read a ton of financial books. While some of the ideas are archaically written, they remain timeless. An obvious one: as a person's wealth rises, so do their expenses.

Translation, if you want to have money, learn to discipline yourself now and not later. Studies show that most lottery winners are bankrupt within a few years and mostly because they lacked self discipline. Therefore, the problem is not the lack o
Read it 4 years ago, LOVED it, I should read it again. Fun to read, interesting, though provoking and but mostly just plain inspiring. If you don't have problems with spending too much money no need to read it. If you have tons of money and it's not a problem no need to read it. If you live on a budget like most of it, enjoy. Deserving of its well-regarded status of one of the classics of personal finance.
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Hessah Alhashash
الكتاب : أغنى رجل في بابل – مترجم إلى اللغة العربية
المؤلف : جورج كلاسون
عدد الصفحات : 155 من الحجم الصغير
الناشر مكتبة دار جرير
السلام عليكم
في احد اجتماعات المجموعة الابداعية ، عرض اخي صلاح سالم كتاب ” أغنى رجل في بابل” وتحمست جدا لقرائته … قرأت الكتاب قي ثلاث ايام فقط !! اندمجت بالقراءة، الكتاب متعلق بالمال والثروه ويشرح لك عن طريق قصص كيف تجمع مال وتكون من الاثرياء، بطل القصص هو (أركاد)، الحكيم وهو أغنى رجل في بابل يعلم الناس في مجالسه كيف يستثمرون اموالهم ويضاعفوها، يعلم أركاد الناس الطرق السبع
Ryan Wamsat
My brother passed me this book many years ago. His instructions were simple: Read it. It'll change your life.

I read it. Did it change my life? Yes, in a manner of speaking.
There are many of out there who desperately want to learn the basics of handling money. But, pick up the latest drudgery from your local bookstore on the subject, and you'll find yourself wading through terms and calculations that may as well be a foreign language.

The Richest Man in Babylon takes a different approach. It puts
Sonja Arlow
I have always found books on personal finance exceptionally boring and have avoided reading them because of this.

This book however takes the form of stories from Babylonian citizens each touching on an aspect of personal finance (save 10% of your earnings, don’t rent but rather own property and invest your money wisely so it may grow etc etc)

None of this is new to me however sometimes you need a reminder to jolt you out of bad financial habits.
I can highly recommend this and will be buying it a
Clason’s (22-42) "Seven Cures for a Lean Purse" chapter gives you a good overview of the book. The seven principles mentioned are the following:
1. Start thy purse to fattening
2. Control thy expenditures
3. Make thy gold multiply
4. Guard thy treasures from loss
5. Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment
6. Insure a future income
7. Increase thy ability to earn

Average American spends $ 1.22 for every dollar they make (Parker). For all the indebted people Clason (108) writes that you should save
Anthony Fox
"...I made a million,today. What did you do?..."

A book review of “The Richest Man in Babylon” by George S. Clason

Have you heard about The Richest Man in Babylon, by George S. Clason first published in 1926, it’s a story that maybe you should read? When I first read this story I was just a young boy, but it still fascinates me now.

My grandfather had given a copy to me to read, and after I finished reading it, I can remember him asking me what I had learnt. I can also remember what I said in reply
It teaches the values of saving, overcoming poor habits such as procrastination & being able to take advantage of opportunities

The Richest Man In Babylon by George Clason was originally written in 1926. Through the narratives of Bansir, and his broke musician friend, we can see the standard folk who try to figure out how to get out of debt, the salary slavery and to finally attain wealth. Clason also uses the narrative of the richest man in Babylon Arkad who was initially poor but later lear
ما الذي يمكن أن يقدمه كتاب تم تأليفه في العشرينيات من القرن الماضي للمستثمرين المعاصرين بشأن مواردهم المالية ؟ هذا السؤال طرحتة الـ لوس أنجلوس تايمز وأنا أضيف للسؤال كيف يمكنك أن نستفيد من تجارب وقصص حضارة بابل العريقة بعد مضي كل هذه القرون على تلك القواعد والقوانين والأفكار التي تم طرحها ؟ الجواب ببساطة ' قوانين المال لاتتغير ' .

الكتاب قُدم على شكل قصص متسلسلة لبعض أثرياء بابل الذين صنعو ثروات هائلة عند طريق عصاميتهم وكفاحهم , حاولت أن أُلخص الأفكار والقواعد المهمة في الكتاب على شكل نقاط ليسهل
Nojood Alsudairi
إذا اردت أن تصبح غنيا فلا تترك محفظتك خالية أبدا. ادخر 10% من دخلك واستثمره في مشروع تفهمه تماما أو شارك من يفهم. لا تقرض أحدا إلا بضمان. أظن بأن هذا هو كل الكتاب!
من قراءة أول قصة ستفهم الرسالة
Omar Alarifi
من أروع الكتب، يفتح آفاقاً لمن راغب في تحسين إدارة أموره المالية.

كلما قرأته في مرحلة مبكرة في حياتك، كلما كأن أعظم فائدة لك.

أنصح بقراءته، فقد يغير حياتك.
Waseem Senjer

كتاب مذهل ورائع , يعلمك الإدارة المالية بأسلوب سلس وقصصي رائع , أنصح الجميع بلا استثناء قراءته

ملخص الكتاب تقريبا


لقد وجدت الطريق إلى الثراء عندما قررت أن أحتفظ بجزء من ايراداتي
ادخر على الأقل عشر العوائد التي تحصل عليها
خذ النصيحة من أهلها , نصيحة عن المجوهرات خذها من صائغ المجوهرات ونصيحة عن الأغنام خذها من الراعي
اجعل المال يعمل لصالحك, لا تأكل ثمار أرباحك
"سأحتفظ بجزء من ايراداتي" رددها كل يوم كل صباح وكل ساعة

الطرق السبعة

1 - املأ محفظتك بالمال , وادخر جزء من العوائد
2- ضع ميزانية للتحكم في
Tareq Fares
كتاب جيد للقراة غير انه كثيراً ما يعيد الفكرة ويطيل في الحوار لذلك قد تجده ممل ومكرر.

غير ان المبادئ التي به ممتازة للراغبين في السيطرة على أموالهم والثراء

المبادئ باختصار هي:

- إدخر من دخلك على الأقل 10% مهما كانت دخلك قليل.
- حتى تتمكن من الإدخار يتوجب عليك تدوين مصروفاتك والتخلي عن الاشياء التي لا تحتاج إليها.
- في الوقت المناسب استثمر ما ادخرته من دخلك واجعله يتضاعف
- إستثمر في الاماكن المامونه وحاول تجنب المخاطر وان حصل لاسمح الله وخسرت اموالك فهذه ليست نهاية العالم يمكن البدء من جديد.
- يجب عليك
Muhammad Essam
كتاب مفيد للغاية وملئ بالعديد من المفاهيم المهمة والمؤثرة في التعامل مع المال على الرغم من بساطتها وسهولة عرضها مما يجعل الكتاب قيم خصوصاً لمن ليس لديهم خبرات سابقة في التعامل الحكيم مع المال ومن يسعى لإتخاذ أولى خطوات تحقيق الإكتفاء الشخصي وربما يطمح في الثروة والغنى يوماً ما :)

عرض تلك الأفكار والمفاهيم في صورة "قصص" من أكثر أسباب إعجابي بالكتاب ..

آخذ على النسخة المترجمة فقط ركاكة بعض الأجزاء والفقرات نتيجة للترجمة الحرفية التي تفقد اللغة جمالها وتقلل من عنصر التشويق ببعض قصص بالكتاب
This is a book that I read because of its recommendation from several other sources, from books to audio recordings and videos. And I am amazed that so few people have listed it as read here on Goodreads.

The book is a series of small, short fables from Babylonia. As Babylon was the richest city at the time, the fables explore wealth creation and systems through that lens. It is at once enjoyable, light-hearted, and educational.

It does get a bit repetitive, especially if you read it in one sittin
A great little book I've read umpteen times. It reads beautifully and is packed with wisdom, truth, great knowledge, and profound insights.
Melissa Baggett
This is a short one, but it offers familiar yet indispensable tips on money management. Told in the clunky language of fables, Clason tells 10 tales of men in ancient Babylon and the secrets they (and the city itself) used to acquire great wealth in the ancient world. Some tales and tips are redundant (which also serves to show how little mankind changes over the millenia), so the following are highlights:

"Seven Cures for a Lean Purse," my favorite tale, told by Arkad, the Richest Man in Babylon
Chad Warner
May 10, 2011 Chad Warner rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Chad by: Open for Business podcast
Shelves: finance, self-help
This book teaches timeless financial wisdom in the form of fictitious parables set in ancient Babylon. I found the stories entertaining and the financial lessons as valid today as they were in Babylon millennia ago.

There’s nothing groundbreaking here, but that doesn’t lessen the value of the simple financial basics: pay yourself first (at least 10%), live on less than you earn, get advice from financially competent people, and put your money to work through cautious investing.

The book recommends
نُـوف ♥
كتاب رائع جداا ملهم ابهرتني حضاره مدينه بابل القديمه وقصصها الشيقه اخر قصه من الكتاب ((الرجل الاكثر حظا))من افضل قصص الكتاب و
اعمقها وفيها من الفوائد والدروس الكثيييير الكتاب بمجمله يقدم درووسا عن الثراء بآسلوب شيق وقريب جداا مما نتعلمه بالكتب الدراسيه
اقتباسات اعجبتني:

اينما وجدت العزيمه وجد الطريق

الحذر القليل خير من الندم الكثير

المال الذي ادخرناه من ايراداتنا هو مجرد ..بدايه ، ولكن الارباح الناتجه عنه هي التي ستنشئ ثروتنا

الميزانيه : توضح المال المتسرب وتتحكم في نفقاتك بالحصول على الاشياء الضرو
OK, I didn't even finish the book because I've heard it all before. Besides, here it's told in a story which is nice if you need to know about how to acquire money, keep it, and make your money earn more money, especially if this is your first book on the topic, find the topic boring, and need a story to entertain to get it across. This is just one of thousands of books that speaks on this material. I found it rather repetitive and corny in its story form. Other books you might be interested in ...more
Apr 23, 2009 PlatKat rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to PlatKat by: Dad
When people want to learn how to make money, they read huge finance books, watch MSNBC, buy in to phony get-rich-quick schemes, or get business degrees. But the average person need not look further than this simple book.

My father lent me his copy, probably to ensure that I would continue my post-college streak of never asking him for money (or big-ticket items, which is the same as asking for money) EVAR. Lucky for both of us, the principles laid out in this book are common sense to me. I don't
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 99 100 next »
  • The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
  • Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The Wealthy Barber: The Common Sense Guide to Successful Financial Planning
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America's Foremost Business Philosopher
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
  • The One Minute Entrepreneur: The Secret to Creating and Sustaining a Successful Business
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • See You at the Top
George Samuel Clason, also known as George S. Clason. George Samuel Clason was born in Louisiana, Missouri, and died in Napa, California.

During his eighty two years he was a soldier, businessman and writer. He served in the United States Army during the Spanish-American War.

Clason started two companies, the Clason Map Company of Denver Colorado and the Clason Publishing Company. The Clason Map Com
More about George S. Clason...

Share This Book

“Advice is one thing that is freely given away, but watch that you only take what is worth having.” 39 likes
“Our acts can be no wiser than our thoughts.” 25 likes
More quotes…