Start by marking “The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches, #1)

The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches #1)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  32 reviews
A Kidnapper—and a Gentleman?

Evan Harrison has risked everything to find the men who killed his br
Published September 6th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Reluctant Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reluctant Outlaw

Cindy
This is one of those stories you want to get comfy and curl up on the couch and enjoy every minute of it. This story is about Evan Harrison, who is quite handsome, chivalrous, revengeful and has quite the heavy heart. Juliana happens upon a situation that puts her in the care of Evan. Evan is part of a deadly gang who, rob and kill to get what they want, if need be. Juliana is taken in by Evan and notices that there is something different about him. He doesn't seem as crude as the rest of the ga ...more
Dawn
I loved this book. I wasn't sure what to expect from it since I'd never heard of the author and sometimes think Love Inspired books in general are a little too quaint for my edgy tastes. But hey, it was free straight from the front table at the "Spotlight on Love Inspired Publishing" at the ACFW conference last month. I was in the front row (of course) and picked it because of the-- what shall I say-- good-looking cover? Attractive cover? Well, yeah-- you can see it. It's a good cover.

Anyway, I
Carissa
Juliana O'Malley is in the wrong place at totally the wrong time and ends up kidnapped by outlaws in 1800s Tennessee. Fortunately for her, the outlaw who unwillingly took her hostage, Evan Harrison, is far more of a gentleman than his cohorts and his single-minded goal is getting her back to her family, unscathed. What neither of them banked on was the spark that ignites between them, leaving them both befuddled and uncertain about their prospective futures.

This is a fairly sweet little Christia
Carissa
I love this book.
Rita
This is the first book I've read by Karen Kirst, but I look forward to reading her other books in the future. I was drawn into the story from page one and found it interesting through to the last page. I really enjoyed the inclusion of Scripture throughout the book and the fact that it didn't feel forced or preachy. I liked the two main characters and enjoyed watching their relationship develop...the ups and downs. I recommend this book to fans of historical fiction.
Darlene
I really enjoyed this book. Fun romantic quick read. Makes you think how at times we may not understand why things happen but god has a plan in all that we go through. Even if at times we do not like someone we should give them a chance and not judge by appearance or circumstances.
recommend it to all. my first boook by karen kist and will definately no tbe my last
Kate
Julianna happened to be at the wrong place, she is taken hostage by an outlaw and made to journey far from her home. Evan, an outlaw with a big heart is searching for the person or persons responsible for the brutal slaying of his brother Daniel. He feels responsible for Julianna's present predicament and vows to protect her with his life. Complete with suspense and romance I felt as if I were there along with the characters, listening to the conversations and riding the terrain. I really loved ...more
Adriana Silva
Won This book through Good Reads. I loved this book! I don't usually read harlequin books but this book by Karen Kirst was nothing like your regular Harlequin novel. The story was very touching and beautiful with a touch of mystery. I really enjoyed the charater of Juliana, she was a sweet and yet very strong willed character. Karen's great writing made you feel like you were part of this amazing novel!!! Would definetly read more of her books:).
April Suter
Julianna is kidnapped by a band of outlaws and Evan takes his claim. Did he do it to protect her? What are his secrets? What do you do when you are falling in love with an outlaw? This story based in 1880's Gaitlinburg, Tennessee is a mixture of a western, a love story, and a journey getting closer to God.

279 pages
susan murray
really enjoyed the story between the 2 main characters and how they found love through all the turmoil.It was love as well as action brought highs and lows to the characters.
Eva Hamilton
I recommend this action packed book! Loved it! Can't wait for this author's next book!
Katie Marie
This book is one of the best I have ever read, it is one of my favorite books! It keeps you guessing in some parts and it is just amazing all the way around! I highly, highly recommend this books and give is a huge 5 star rating! If I could go higher I would! :)
Nellie
This book was fun, and clean. A great romance. Good for my teen daughter. I'd look for more from this author. From the book...The ruthless criminal who took Juliana O’Malley hostage was a thief and an outlaw—or so she thinks. But on a perilous journey through the Smoky Mountains, he becomes her unlikely protector. And when he pledges to return her home safely, she somehow finds herself believing him. Evan Harrison has risked everything to find the men who killed his brother. Saving spirited, str ...more
Lori
I didn't like this one as well as Bridal Swap. It seemed a little more preachy to me than the other one. That said, the story was entertaining. Julianna O"Malley is kidnapped by Even Harrison when she becomes a witness to the robbery of the local mercantile. He is undercover with the gang, looking for the killer of his brother. The action is fast paced, the ending satisfying.
Keyanna Shelnutt
This is one of my favorite books. Evan Harrison goes undercover as an outlaw to figure out who murdered his brother. Juliana O'Malley is taken hostage by a criminal. She doesn't know that the guy holding her hostage is not a criminal at all. Evan risks everything to keep her safe from the gang. This was such a good book filled with suspense. I couldn't put the book down.
Lena
Really good!
Shawn
I ended up reading these books out of order but I loved this start to this series. It was really good and you couldn't help but fall in love with the characters.
Teya
This was a well writen, CLEAN, fun, exciting book! After reading the embarassing on this was refreshing. Clean and smart, I was very happy with it. Enjoy this read!
Janis Kay
Couldn't avert my eyes from this one. I like a little action every one in a while with these books, so this satisfied my hunger perfectly. Definitely recommend this.
Kelsey
Quick easy read. Probably more 3.5 stars but that's not possible and I enjoyed the engaging a nd light read it was, definitely kept me up to late one night.
Rachel
Obviously this won't be winning any awards, but I really enjoyed it. It was clean yet romantic, and I really liked the main characters.
Melissa T
Another cute one I might pick up again...or at least read on my Kindle again. :)
Linda Ortiz
The Reluctant Outlaw by Karen Kirst was GREAT! I could not put the book
Lynsay
Absolutely loved it. I never wanted to put it down.
Traci M
I've re-read this book a couple of times. I loved it.
Rachel
A really sweet story with great characters
Babs
Just finished will post a review in the am.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Smoky Mountain Matches
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Smoky Mountain Matches
Love Inspired His...: My debut LIH giveaway 15 11 Aug 07, 2011 11:23AM
Fans of Christian...: My debut LIH giveaway 1 13 Aug 05, 2011 06:00AM
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • Marrying Miss Marshal
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
  • The Substitute Bride
  • The Protector
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
  • Love on the Range
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, # 3)
  • Engaging the Earl
  • The Aristocrat's Lady
  • The Doctor's Mission
  • Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • Winning the Widow's Heart
  • Lady Outlaw
  • Highland Hearts
Karen Kirst writes Love Inspired Historicals-stories of love, laughter, and adventure. She and her husband, along with their three sons, recently said goodbye to military life and are thrilled to be back in their home state of Tennessee. Her favorite pasttimes are reading, visiting tearooms, and watching romantic comedies.
More about Karen Kirst...
The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2) The Husband Hunt (Smoky Mountain Matches, #4) His Mountain Miss (Smoky Mountain Matches, #3) Married by Christmas (Smoky Mountain Matches, #5) The Horseman's Frontier Family (Bridegroom Brothers, #2)