Start by marking “Modular Knits: New Techniques for Today's Knitters” as Want to Read:
Modular Knits: New Techniques for Today's Knitters

Modular Knits: New Techniques for Today's Knitters

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A traditional knitting technique gets a new and easier spin, so that even beginners can master the process. Just dip into this comprehensive course, with themed tutorials--each with handy practice exercises--as well as simple instructions, charts, and 29 fabulous projects. Modular knitting is a bit like a game: you create designs in the same way you'd work a jigsaw puzzle- ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Lark Books (first published August 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Modular Knits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Modular Knits

Thomasin
This one intimidates me... But I avoid other patterns that require the separate knitting of squares/shapes that you have to sew together - this book promises to do away with that sort of nonsense. Time to try it!
Katy
This book was well-thought-out and thorough. I personally didn't find many of the projects very compelling. Modular knitting is good for things that don't need a lot of shaping, like children's clothes. Someone said once that many of Elizabeth Zimmerman's designs are modular in essence, and this is true especially of her knits for children (like the Tomten jacket for instance). So I look forward to using the techniques I learned in this book when designing for children.
Kirsten
This is one of those books where the techniques described are really intriguing, but there were very few, if any, patterns that I actually could imagine myself knitting or wearing -- I would maybe consider some of the scarves, but that's about it. Modular knitting seems like it would be fun to do, but I've seen very few modularly knitted garments that I actually found attractive, and this book didn't do much to change my mind.
Suzanne
The techniques which Iris explains are very unusual and innovative. i learned how to do her multidirectional knitting.
Yvonne
It's a fun introduction to multi-directional knitting!
Linda
Interesting miter and color techniques.
Debbie
Not ready to try any yet; may return.
Lindsay Evermore
Oct 27, 2011 Lindsay Evermore marked it as to-read
milford
AK
AK added it
Jul 05, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
caelen
caelen marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Bob & Sherri
Bob & Sherri marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
One + One: Scarves, Shawls & Shrugs: 25+ Projects from Just Two Skeins Exquisite Little Knits: Knitting with Luxurious Specialty Yarns Lacy Little Knits: Clingy, Soft & A Little Risque Iris Schreier's Reversible Knits: Creative Techniques for Knitting Both Sides Right One + One: Wraps, Cowls & Capelets: 29 Projects From Just Two Skeins