Start by marking “One Direction: Forever Young: Our Official X Factor Story” as Want to Read:
One Direction: Forever Young: Our Official X Factor Story

One Direction: Forever Young: Our Official X Factor Story

4.7 of 5 stars 4.70  ·  rating details  ·  2,423 ratings  ·  72 reviews
100% official, authored by the band Five boys, five months, one incredible dream. It's crazy to think that five months ago we didn't know each other at all--we were just five guys from different corners of the country, who dreamed of being popstars. Now we've not only found the best friends we've ever had, but we've made it to the final of "The X Factor" and got a recordin ...more
Published February 17th 2011 by HarperCollins (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about One Direction, please sign up.

Recent Questions

Dare to Dream by One DirectionOne Direction by One DirectionOne Direction A-Z by Sarah OliverOne Direction by Triumph BooksOne Direction by One Direction
Boys Boys Boys
2nd out of 53 books — 159 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerFirst Step 2 Forever by Justin BieberConfessions of a Guidette by Nicole "Snooki" PolizziGoing Rogue by Sarah PalinBirth Control Is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and Also R... by Eliyzabeth Yanne Strong-And...
Dealbreakers: If You Like This Book, We Won't Get Along
259th out of 1,548 books — 5,301 voters

More lists with this book...

Line
It's fun to read, I mean if you like One Direction of course! But there's a lot of pictures, and they are pretty young and it's kinda hilarious - but they're cute, so no harm done. I bought it when I had a huge crush on Harry Styles, and I didn't have the time to finish it, but now I'm done, and as i said they are really sweet, and you get to know the story behind 1D.
Lauren
I have read this book loads of times as it is factual, you can find information from it easily and it is so captivating, you find yourself wanting to find out more and more about each of the boys in One Direction. This is the book on my bookshelf that is most picked up. I love just laying down and picking up where I would like to read. You don't have to read it in any particular order, you can just find out facts and enjoy a bit of their life whenever you feel like doing so.
It helps you apprecia
Demetria
Great book! It had the ONE THING which makes a book good!
description
It revealed alot about One Direction during the Xfactor.
I WILL NOT SAY ANYMORE!
description
Maria Mccreath
Mar 05, 2012 Maria Mccreath rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Directioners
I just bought this book and started reading it. I really enjoy it, especially because they wrote once they just became famous and where getting used to all the fame. In this book they talk about there family, and there lives. I love this book and it is added to my One Direction book autobiographies with Dare To Dream.
Page
I decided to read this because I love One Direction and really wanted to read about their time on The X-Factor in more detail.

On the bingo board this goes into "a dairy, autobiography or biography".

The book was amazing really, it had pictures, quotes from the boys, the whole journey and everything you could ever want to know about it. It really goes into their time at The X Factor, telling you all the details abut it and facts about the boys, I love how they can make you feel as if they are talk
Rachel
ITS MY LIFE!!!! LOVE THE BOYS TO MUCH!!

BEEN THERE FROM THE BEGINING AND TO INFINITY AND BEYOND TO THE END!!!!
Cher  Lloyd
Jun 26, 2012 Cher Lloyd marked it as to-read
I miss these guys! Haven't seen them since the good old days on x factor.
ankitA KC
AMAZaynnnn..... <3 1D
Suzie
More of a glorified picture book than a searing insight into their time on the X Factor, but for what it is, it does it very well, and manages to present enough snippets that weren't covered by the press at the time to make it interesting. Entertaining and pretty (and I mean the book here...).
Karen
Mar 11, 2013 Karen marked it as to-read
I hope this will be available in the Philippines soooooooon! :)
Bianca
Aug 15, 2012 Bianca added it
I really want to read this book but how can you actually read it??
Makaily
I love them and this book it's amazing!! 5 stars!!
Maitha
hey 1D Ilove so mutch I love you harry so mutch
Julie
Never read the book is it good?
Guilhermeee
Já há imenso tempo que queria este livro, mas sempre que procurava por ele na Fnac, nunca o encontrava, pois estava esgotado. Até que há umas semanas, estava na Fnac, não com a intenção de o comprar, mas para minha grande alegria, lá se encontrava o livro. Acho que vou começar a ir com a intenção de não comprar os livros, para eles estarem sempre lá.
Este livro fala-nos da experiência da banda britânica One Direction, composta pelos cinco talentosos Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Louis Tom
Cherie
I sat down, just planning on reading the forward of this book to see what Simon had to say. I never meant to read it all. It really says something about how gripping it is that an hour and twenty minutes of straight reading later (sorry optometrist!), I had finished it all (even the acknowledgements).

I didn’t like how this book requires past knowledge to really understand the things that were going on. I was never introduced to the characters, and had to figure out for myself who matched which
Georgia
found this book in my cupboard from a couple of years back, re-read it and still loved it. it's incredible to go through and see how far one direction have come from then til now. you see them saying things like 'we want to eventually break america' or 'hopefully one day we'll have our own tour' and it's quite overwhelming to realize that they have in fact achieved that and a hell of a lot more. will always find their story absolutely amazing.
Imanabrar
Jun 21, 2014 Imanabrar marked it as to-read
Shelves: imanabrar
Samanthadroppie
I really liked the fact that I learned a lot more about One Direction's time on the X Factor. It was full of little things I didn't know yet, and about how they experienced those couple of months. It was just a cute little book. Except for that it's a huge book, and most of the book is filled with pictures. I love the pictures, I just wish the pictures would have been smaller, and there would have been much more information, much more stories. Because this is such a big book, and expensive, and ...more
Alexis Reveron
BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Natasha
I bought because I really wanted some merchandise, with One Direction just leaving Australia and all. And it's an amazing book with insights to their journey along the X-Factor, and plenty of pictures to keep you happy. And although it's rather thick, it's a very easy read.

I bought it for $30, which is pretty expensive, but I can't say that I hated it. I just wished that there was more substance, because I killed it in about an hour. But either way, it's a great way to document One Direction's j
Adelia Mauritia
Rawdha
How can I read it
Shmokmuraished
How can I read iT?
Jess Kelly
If you like bibliographies and/or One DIrection, you will enjoy this book. This book is based on One Directions X Factor journey and all the drama that came with it. It also gives you information about all the boys and their lives. It has fun facts and good pictures of them
Melissa
This book gives and insight to how much X factor has Changed One Direction's lives. From when they grew up, each one direction-er gives there story of their own lives and then take you through their x factor experience.
Such a good book, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Happy Reading...
Mimi Mancuso
This book clearly represents a voyage in these boys journey to the top, I, a HUGE Directioner, say this book shows, not only facts and events, but feelings and points of views of each boy, feels like I am the interviewer.
Nora Setiawan
I prefer the DTD book than this one.... I dont hate it but i dont love it either.. Just so so.. But still good to have it on my bookshelf...
  • One Direction A-Z
  • One Direction: What Makes You Beautiful
  • One Dream, One Direction
  • 100% One Direction: The 100% Unofficial Biography
  • One Direction: No Limits
  • One Direction Test Your Super-Fan Status: 100% Unofficial
  • One Direction: Straight to the Top!
  • Fame: One Direction: Graphic novel
  • One Direction: Breakout Boy Band
  • 101 Amazing One Direction Facts
  • One Direction: One & Only
  • Harry Styles Annual 2013
  • 1d: The One Direction Story. by Danny White
  • One Direction: The Ultimate Fan Book
  • Superstars! One Direction: Inside Their World
Dare to Dream: Life as One Direction (100% Official) One Direction: Where We Are: Our Band, Our Story: 100% Official One Direction: A Year with One Direction One Direction: The Official Annual 2012 Take Me Home (Limited Yearbook Edition)

“Why did the mushroom go to the party?
Because he's a fungi!”