Start by marking “Tenderfoot” as Want to Read:
Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

A romantic suspense novel taking place on a working cattle ranch in 1980, Washington state, during the time of the catastrophic eruption of Mount St. Helens.
Published January 1st 2010 by Treble Heart Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tenderfoot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tenderfoot

Stacey
May 20, 2015 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Tenderfoot is a romantic story full of suspense about writer, Corrie Stephens and her quest to find out all she can about ranching. In the midst of her quest to start life anew, she sells her home and ventures off to start a new life in Washington, settling into a small cottage on the land of rancher, J McClure. Corrie spends her time writing, ranching and meeting new people. She is living her life to the fullest since her divorce and is trying her best to stay out of J’s way. Against love after ...more
Arletta Dawdy
May 20, 2015 Arletta Dawdy rated it it was amazing

Mary Trimble knows disaster and loss personally and, in TENDERFOOT, she conveys her understanding and knowledge of how events affect nature, the geography of the land and the souls of men and women. In her heroine, Corrie Stephens, Trimble has drawn a character of depth and determination. After the wreckage of her marriage, Corrie ventures into Washington ranching country to study and practice the lifestyle . With one book successfully published, she is looking for material for another.

When her
Gwyn
Feb 21, 2012 Gwyn rated it it was amazing
Tenderfoot, written by Mary E. Trimble, is a gripping story about the eventual explosion of Mount St. Helens and a young lady, Corrie Stephens' search for a new start in life. This captivating read will keep you turning pages, drawing you into the romantic story of Corrie and J McClure. The actual facts of Mount St. Helens' eruption give believably to the story with plenty of suspense to hold the reader's attention.
Leslee Breene
May 20, 2015 Leslee Breene rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: to all readers of adventure
Recommended to Leslee by: Women Writing the West
In her debut inspirational romantic suspense, Mary E. Trimble does an admirable job of creating real life characters, vivid setting, and mounting tension as the Mount St. Helens volcano threatens to erupt.
Her characters wove their way into my heart. Through the story's characters, I was drawn into the dynamic details of a cattle roundup and devastating results of St. Helens eruption.

The story pulled me in right up to the explosive then tender ending.
Dawn Nelson
May 20, 2015 Dawn Nelson rated it it was amazing
I barely ever get to sit down and read a book, I am usually writing them, opening Tenderfoot up and finding myself engrossed was fun.
What a wonderful book, I read it in six hours.
I have a feeling that any Mary E. Trimble books that I pick up are going to grab me and hold me until the end just like this one did.

Carol Ryan
May 20, 2015 Carol Ryan rated it it was amazing
In Tenderfoot Corrie Stephens, a writer researching rural life in 1980 happens to wind up—because of a dismal sense of direction --on a cattle ranch northeast of Mount St. Helens. As luck would have it, she arrives shortly before the explosive, deadly volcanic eruption. Her research brings her into contact with J, a hunky widower who owns the cabin she’s renting. While you might think two good looking, single main characters might get together right away; not so fast! The story expands on those ...more
Yvonne
May 20, 2015 Yvonne rated it really liked it
Bought it from Mary so I have a personally autographed copy. The story pulled me in and kept me engaged and even anticipating. Enjoyed the local context. Brought back memories.
Shirley
Shirley rated it it was ok
Alethea Williams
Alethea Williams rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Susen
Susen rated it it was ok
Karen Hill
Karen Hill rated it it was amazing
Courtney Vick
Courtney Vick rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Jasmin
Jasmin rated it liked it
Eryn
Eryn rated it really liked it
Vikki
Vikki rated it really liked it
Chantz Cravens
Chantz Cravens rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Joe Frank
Joe Frank rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Sharon Lippincott
Sharon Lippincott rated it it was amazing
Kathlene
Kathlene rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015
Laura rated it it was ok
Msanderlin
Msanderlin rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Mikele Hansen
Mikele Hansen rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Kris
Kris rated it it was ok
Rejean Proulx
Rejean Proulx rated it liked it
Teri
Teri rated it really liked it
Tini Hansen
Tini Hansen rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Nancy Coston
Nancy Coston marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Dione
Dione added it
Jan 02, 2014
Sarah Pyle
Sarah Pyle marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016