Start by marking “Blinder Fleck” as Want to Read:
Blinder Fleck

Blinder Fleck (Bernadette Saint Claire #1)

Dieser Krimi stellt eine Heldin vor, wie es sie so noch nicht gab. FBI-Agentin Bernadette Saint Clares zweites Gesicht lässt sie Dinge sehen, die anderen verborgen bleiben. Aber manche Dinge bleiben besser unsichtbar. Es ist nicht immer leicht, mit ihr zu arbeiten, und deshalb wird sie von einem FBI-Büro zum anderen weitergereicht. Kurz nachdem sie ihren Schreibtisch im Ke ...more
367 pages
Published 2010 by Feder & Schwert (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Blinder Fleck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blinder Fleck

Valissa
Aug 15, 2011 Valissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
well, poot. I was really hoping that this would be better. strangely appealing premise, and moderately interesting criminal, oh, and a very intriguing main character cliff-hanger, but even added all together, felt like a freshman effort.
Shiela
Andrea
Dec 05, 2011 Andrea marked it as flipped-to-the-end  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, fbi
Started out well, but something about the rather self-pitying tone of the narrator put me off - and there was a constant jumping back and forth to the flow of events which made me lose interest. Not a fan of the religious debate as presented, either.
Faith
(Audiobook). While this story aspires to be a whodunit and a whydunit, it falls far short: the plot was feasible but formulaic and easily deciphered. I liked the basic characteristics of the protagonist in terms of appearance, skills, and talents, but several times while listening, I emphatically called her an "idiot" out loud. The cast is simple with only three (okay, 4) characters. This book is not a police procedural and it is not by any stretch forensics fiction. I would call it a good old-f ...more
Pamela
Amanda Morgan
Jul 29, 2011 Amanda Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first installment of the Bernadette Saint Clare series, “Blind Spot” introduces us to a strong female FBI agent who has a special gift that is both disbelieved and revered.
Saint Clare has just been transferred to the basement office in the St. Paul, Minnesota FBI field office. She fears her new assignment in an out-of-the-way city, in the dark and deserted basement, is due to the special skills she employs to help catch the bad guys.
Saint Clare has the gift of second sight. Thanks to her
Lucy
Apr 15, 2008 Lucy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There is a table, smack dab in the middle of the library I go to, promoting over twenty "reader's choice" books. You read, you vote, and if you read enough your name is entered into a drawing for a prize. I first noticed the table when Shannon Hale's Austenland was displayed but hadn't heard of any of the other titles or authors before. Thinking to myself that I liked Austenland so, perhaps I would like the others as well.

This is not a good table for me. Karma Girl, which was my first selection
Weston Kincade
FBI Agent Bernadette Saint Clare is a troubled woman striving to find her place in a world of skeptics. Her story is compelling, if not fully believable at times. This plot was interesting and a somewhat entertaining read, but I never found my heartbeat racing, cared for Bernadette enough to really worry, and, unfortunately, most of it was predictable. There were a couple instances in which surprised me, but only slightly. (I won't say which here because I don't wish to spoil the fun.) The story ...more
Amanda
Aug 07, 2008 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been awhile since I read a straight mystery and figured that the one I picked up should be good. Blind Spot works on a premise of an FBI agent named Bernadette Saint Clare who has....well, I'm not sure. She's capable of seeing what killers see, apparently as it happens.

While this was a good mystery, the main mystery was the sketchiness of Saint Clare's gift. Not many folks believe her, so she's shuffled to a basement in MN. Her new boss may or may not be behind her with her visions.

She, her
Laura Elisabeth
Jul 23, 2010 Laura Elisabeth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Bernedette St Claire is a supernatural detective in much the same vein as Ghost Whisperer or Medium. A FBI agent, the agency wants her to use her power of "seeing" through a killer's eyes but also are suspicious of her abilities. She has the typically dark and painful past (and a particularly odd and unlikely one at that) and the typically prickly demeanor. The writing is plodding at times, especially when Persons is describing St Claire's route across the city street-by-street and the character ...more
Angie
Apr 05, 2008 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Smoochys
Apr 10, 2014 Smoochys rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is your normal FBI mystery except that the lead investigator has a physical anomaly where she can see through the killer's eyes by touching an item that he or she has recently used. The skill isn't always perfect and apparently everyone knows about her little quirk and they think that she's a little off.

I found the agent's complaints about others making fun of her stupid. It's not like anyone had to ever know about her second sight - even though she claims that people just 'picked up on it
Leya
Feb 08, 2013 Leya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I was a little skeptical about this novel. There's only so many paranormal type books that one can read before they start dreading the idea of another psychic gifted hero or heroine. I do have to say that this heroine completely surprised me. She's so different from the others. She sees things from the eyes of the criminals. Amazing!

Aside from the great heroine, the other aspect that had me glued was the way that whatever the author threw at me, I still wanted to read more. Yes, there were sever
Steve
Apr 19, 2011 Steve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
book on tape.

Agent "Cat" of FBI has visions. I skipped forward.
more of the supernatural than i enjoy for recreational reading.
she becomes involved with her new upstairs neighbor. But there's something about him she can't quite put her finger on, especially when he offers her a key clue to the killer's identity.
A complex novel filled with quirky characters on the right and wrong sides of the law, Blind Spot reminds us that life is filled with leaps of faith both great and small.
i liked the autho
Evelyn
Nov 28, 2007 Evelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Because of her unusual psychic abilities, FBI agent Bernadette St. Clare has been transferred to many different field offices. Now in the Twin Cities, she tries to learn the identity of a serial avenger who believes in the adage "life for life."

Bernadette is a complex, but flawed character in an unfriendly world. Not as fast-paced as the usual serial killer thriller, but still entertaining. Recommended.
Terri
Nov 18, 2013 Terri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Wondered about the plot of this book, an FBI detective has 'second sight'. However, the cover flaps didn't go into how much second sight this detective had. I can read and enjoy the story knowing she gets premonitions, sees things. But this book went a little bit beyond that. The plot is good, the writing is good, and I liked the characters. I'll probably get the next one from the library to see how far this goes.
Mary
Feb 19, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, paranormal
Meine Wertung: 4.5 Sterne
Ein schön schräger paranormaler Krimi mit einer interessanten und kuriosen Heldin, die mit ihrer ungewöhnlichen Gabe (und einigen Marotten) ihre Kollegen in den Wahnsinn treibt. Ein Buch absolut nach meinem Geschmack. Freue mich schon auf den nächsten Band um die FBI Ermittlerin Bernadette Saint Clare.

Bernadette Saint Claire Serie:
1) Blind Spot (Blinder Fleck)
2) Blind Rage (Blinder Zorn)
3) Blind Sight (Blinder Eifer)
David
Dec 21, 2011 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bernadette Saint Clare is an FBI agent who can see through a killer's eyes. She get transferred between various offices, and now has been transferred to Minnesota.

I liked this book fairly early on, and thought it would be good. I suddenly picked up on something, a part of the plot, and it turned out to be correct. Another plot twist I think couldn't have been predicted.

I liked this book, and I'm about to go looking to see if there are any others after this one.
Wendy
Nov 20, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myst-paranormal
If you do not like paranormal mixed in with your forensics do not read this book. I however have an open mind and believe in the paranormal. This book begins a series with an FBI agent who has the ability to "see" through the killer's eyes. I was skeptical in the beginning, and then go so into it I finished the book within two days because it had enough suspense and weird turns.
Janis
Apr 21, 2008 Janis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes Andrea Kane, J.D. Robb, Catherine Coulter, Suzanne Brockmann.
Recommended to Janis by: Saw it in the bookstore and it seemed my kind of book
For a new author this was a really good read and I can't wait for Blind Rage to come out. I have a few favorite authors that I will spend the money for a hardback, now it looks like the list just grew. I really enjoyed this book and I love to read books. Some books I don't finish because they are not good but this one is a keeper.
Joyce
Jun 24, 2009 Joyce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murders in wintry Wisconsin. The protagonists are a pair of FBI agents. She is psychic and when holding some evidence can "see" through the eyes of the murderer. He is her supervising agent. The book was well written and held your interest from the get go. A good mystery and a great way to spend a summer's day.
Lynn
Amazing debut novel! I'm not sure where Persons has been hiding, but I am very glad she has come out to play! With a strong female lead, an intense plot and just a bit of the paranormal thrown in this is a near-perfect read.
Kayla Montgomery
Aug 15, 2011 Kayla Montgomery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the psychic twist to this detective's work in the town I call home now. I have mentioned before, I really enjoy knowing the sights and landscape where the characters unfold their stories. Good read.
Bobi
Mar 30, 2008 Bobi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy watching the TV show, "Ghost Whisperer". This book reminded me of the show. For some reason, I didn't enjoy reading the same way I enjoy watching the show. The book is very well-written all the same!
Nina
Jul 09, 2008 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this mystery is by a local MN author. It is full of references to places around the twin cities. Very captivating, and a different thriller than the usual hack em up, find the body mystery. Highly reccommended!
Susan
Andrew Carter
Jan 16, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. An FBI agent with powers to see through the perp's eyes to help solve crime. Got a little too spacy with ghost at the end, but a very good read.
William
Nov 30, 2015 William rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Physic FBI agent who talks to dead people. Not for me
Clark
Feb 13, 2016 Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
predictable from the second chapter, but still a good read.
Paula
Jan 17, 2016 Paula rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Cold Blood (Paris Murphy, #2)
  • Aquarius Descending (Elizabeth Chase, #3)
  • Cornered
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • Baptism (Ed Mallory Thriller #1)
  • A Minister's Ghost (Fever Devilin, #3)
  • 18 Seconds (Sherry Moore, #1)
  • Dangerous Behavior
  • Fan Mail (Sophie Anderson, #3)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 3
  • Damaged (Kate Lange #1)
  • Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4)
  • The Night Stalker (Jack Carpenter #2)
  • Black Widow
  • Hostage To Murder (Lindsay Gordon, #6)
  • Twenty Seven Bones
  • Above the Law (Casey Jordan, #2)
  • Identity: Lost
205773
Aka Theresa Monsour

A first time author, Terri Persons delivers detail with the adept touch of big name authors who have been doing this for years. She was a reporter and freelance magazine writer, and lives in the Midwest with her husband and two sons.
More about Terri Persons...

Bernadette Saint Claire (3 books)
  • Blind Rage (Bernadette Saint Claire #2)
  • Blind Sight