Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship

Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This is a guide for praying Scripture back to God, organized into three months of daily prayers; each day the reader is guided through eight different kinds of prayer, such as adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, thanksgiving, and a closing prayer, all translated and adopted for personal prayer by Dr. Kenneth Boa.
Leather Bound
Published by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published September 27th 2011)

Nogeel
If you've been told a hundred times to pray Scripture, but struggle with what to pray. It has a section of scripture for all stages of prayer and is written to allow both structured prayer and free prayer. An excellent book to help out your prayer life.
Amy
This is another of my favorite devotionals. It has 3 months of daily devotions where he writes Scriptures into prayers for each category (adoration, confession, petition, personal renewal, etc.) and also includes directions for topics to pray about at the end of each section of Scripture prayers. Can take anywhere from 10 minutes or more depending on how in-depth your prayers are in each section.
Jeannette
I am currently reading another similar volume Praying the Scriptures for Personal Growth, by Kenneth Boa. I must say, I found this one much more impactful and beneficial than the one I am currently reading.
It is a wonderful way to incorporate scripture into your daily prayer routine or help you to structure your time. It is not just for reading but for self examination, petition, and worship. I do wish the scriptures were included in direct quotions rather than adaptations, but overall it did n...more
John
My friends Paul and Janice in Italy sent me this book a couple of months ago, and I've been incorporating it more and more often into my morning devotional time. I've heard many times of the concept of "praying the Scriptures," but I've never really succeeded in doing it. This book is bringing me farther in that direction. Boa uses so much Scripture, so well, that each day -- three months' worth of days (probably five months for me) -- is different from the day before.
Kristin
This is a 3-month devotional book of scripture prayers. Each day has scriptures in the following sections:
Adoration
Confession
Renewal
Petition
Intercession
Affirmation
Thanksgiving
and a Closing Prayer

At the end of each section, it encourages you to add your own thoughts and words.

It is a really neat way to go to God and sit at His feet.

There are two other Face to Face books, but this one is my favorite.
A great book that helped me become more consistent in my prayer life. There are 31 days per month with 3 months worth of prayer guidelines. There is also a prayer request section in the back, which I find really useful in recording how God is working in my life. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone trying to have a better and more intimate prayer time.
Erica
Got this book in a white elephant exchange my sophomore year of college. It revolutionized my prayer life and is probably an undercurrent for why I am worship with the liturgical Anglican church today.

A guide I return to often with joy and gratitude.
Layne
This devotional is okay, not nearly as good the the other volume by Kenneth Boa, Praying the Scriptures for Spiritual Growth.
Karen
This is an excellent resource for structure in personal time with God.
Angela
Lovely book for helping you to grow closer to God!
Shannon Warfield hayes
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome tool for devotional time!!
Lauren
excellent prayer guide
Ralphz
Ralphz marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Cinda
Cinda is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Dale Schaeffer
Dale Schaeffer marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Wanda Badger
Wanda Badger marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
Jul 04, 2014
Cindy Norman
Cindy Norman is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2014
Shari Coren
Shari Coren marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Isabel Roberts
Isabel Roberts marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Simon
Simon marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Conformed to His Image: Biblical and Practical Approaches to Spiritual Formation Faith Has Its Reasons: Integrative Approaches to Defending the Christian Faith I'm Glad You Asked 20 Compelling Evidences That God Exists: Discover Why Believing in God Makes So Much Sense Handbook to prayer: Praying Scripture back to God