Start by marking “Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship” as Want to Read:
Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship

Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship

This is a guide for praying Scripture back to God, organized into three months of daily prayers; each day the reader is guided through eight different kinds of prayer, such as adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, thanksgiving, and a closing prayer, all translated and adopted for personal prayer by Dr. Kenneth Boa.
Leather Bound
Published August 1st 1997 by Zondervan Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Face to Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face to Face

Nogeel
Dec 07, 2008 Nogeel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've been told a hundred times to pray Scripture, but struggle with what to pray. It has a section of scripture for all stages of prayer and is written to allow both structured prayer and free prayer. An excellent book to help out your prayer life.
Sara Good
Jul 07, 2015 Sara Good rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars and then some. ;) this book revolutionized my prayer time. I love it and am starting it over again.
Jeannette
Jan 07, 2013 Jeannette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am currently reading another similar volume Praying the Scriptures for Personal Growth, by Kenneth Boa. I must say, I found this one much more impactful and beneficial than the one I am currently reading.
It is a wonderful way to incorporate scripture into your daily prayer routine or help you to structure your time. It is not just for reading but for self examination, petition, and worship. I do wish the scriptures were included in direct quotions rather than adaptations, but overall it did n
Laura Murray
Mar 01, 2015 Laura Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book for my daily prayer time. It keeps me structured and focused. At the same time, it allows for flexibility to cover everything I need/want. And I can apply scripture as well! I use this every day. It truly changed my prayer life. I needed something to keep my mind focused and to help me know what scriptures apply. This book does that and more. In addition, the prayers are mine. I am not reiterating what the author wants me to say. This book is a guide to prayer. So the ...more
John
May 03, 2007 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My friends Paul and Janice in Italy sent me this book a couple of months ago, and I've been incorporating it more and more often into my morning devotional time. I've heard many times of the concept of "praying the Scriptures," but I've never really succeeded in doing it. This book is bringing me farther in that direction. Boa uses so much Scripture, so well, that each day -- three months' worth of days (probably five months for me) -- is different from the day before.
Kristin
May 05, 2008 Kristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
This is a 3-month devotional book of scripture prayers. Each day has scriptures in the following sections:
Adoration
Confession
Renewal
Petition
Intercession
Affirmation
Thanksgiving
and a Closing Prayer

At the end of each section, it encourages you to add your own thoughts and words.

It is a really neat way to go to God and sit at His feet.

There are two other Face to Face books, but this one is my favorite.
May 10, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
A great book that helped me become more consistent in my prayer life. There are 31 days per month with 3 months worth of prayer guidelines. There is also a prayer request section in the back, which I find really useful in recording how God is working in my life. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone trying to have a better and more intimate prayer time.
Amy
Jan 10, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another of my favorite devotionals. It has 3 months of daily devotions where he writes Scriptures into prayers for each category (adoration, confession, petition, personal renewal, etc.) and also includes directions for topics to pray about at the end of each section of Scripture prayers. Can take anywhere from 10 minutes or more depending on how in-depth your prayers are in each section.
Erica
Nov 18, 2013 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Got this book in a white elephant exchange my sophomore year of college. It revolutionized my prayer life and is probably an undercurrent for why I worship with the liturgical Anglican church today.

A guide I return to often with joy and gratitude.
Karen
May 21, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent resource for structure in personal time with God.
Shannon Warfield hayes
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome tool for devotional time!!
Lauren
Sep 10, 2008 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent prayer guide
Angela
Feb 26, 2009 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prayer, reference
Lovely book for helping you to grow closer to God!
Rachelle Sperling
Jan 28, 2016 Rachelle Sperling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great devotional collection of Scriptures to pray back to God. This is a book I pick up every couple of years and it never gets old because it is simply the Word of God.
Layne
Sep 03, 2012 Layne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This devotional is okay, not nearly as good the the other volume by Kenneth Boa, Praying the Scriptures for Spiritual Growth.
Samuel Auta
Samuel Auta rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Susan Arnott
Susan Arnott rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Brian Catlin
Brian Catlin rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
David
David rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Todd
Todd rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2013
legnairam lizz
legnairam lizz rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2013
David Shockey
David Shockey rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2014
Josh Roberts
Josh Roberts rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2017
Margie
Margie rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Megan Connelly
Megan Connelly rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2013
Stephen Gordon
Stephen Gordon rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Valerie Williams
Valerie Williams rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Sara Fragoso
Sara Fragoso rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Stacy Duplease
Stacy Duplease rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Unceasing Worship: Biblical Perspectives on Worship and the Arts
  • For the Love of God: Volume One: A Daily Companion for Discovering the Riches of God's Word
  • Divine Healing: A Scriptural Approach to Sickness, Faith and Healing
  • Rut, Rot, or Revival: The Condition of the Church
  • Becoming a Woman of Prayer
  • The Christian Faith: A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims on the Way
  • Your Mind Matters: The Place of the Mind in the Christian Life
  • Engaging with God: A Biblical Theology of Worship
  • The Treasury of David, Volmes #1-3(The Treasury of David #1-3)
  • Young, Restless, Reformed: A Journalist's Journey with the New Calvinists