Start by marking “Marked Cards (Wild Cards, #14)” as Want to Read:
Marked Cards (Wild Cards, #14)

Marked Cards (Wild Cards #14)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  327 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A beautiful young reporter and a small group of jokers and aces have unearthed evidence of a secret conspiracy called the Card Sharks, whose goal is no less than the wholesale destruction of those afflicted with the Wild Cards virus. Hannah and her heroes must flush out the Card Sharks before they can employ their ultimate weapon.
Published March 1st 1994 by Baen Books

To ask other readers questions about Marked Cards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked Cards

Watchmen by Alan MooreSoon I Will Be Invincible by Austin GrossmanThe Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael ChabonHero by Perry MooreBatman by Frank Miller
Superhero Fiction
208th out of 474 books — 803 voters
Aces High by George R.R. MartinJokers Wild by George R.R. MartinWild Cards by George R.R. MartinFort Freak by George R.R. MartinDown and Dirty by George R.R. Martin
The Wild Cards Saga
16th out of 25 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Eric Bauman
I have been rereading (or in some cases, reading for the first time), the entire "Wild Cards" series. I'm not sure if I've read this book before or not, and I know I didn't read the next one, so I'm at that point where I'm switching from reread to read.

In this book, we learn of a conspiracy called the "Card Sharks"--a secret cabal of individuals who want to completely eradicate the Takisian virus, no matter what it takes (think Republicans and poor people, or Democrats and fiscal discipline, or
Theresa
"The color of his skin" Stephen Leigh

the puppet man is gone, and Gregg has been left to pick up the pieces, now when things may have a chance for him to go back in his favor, he is frustrated without his "power"... but that is only the beginning, he needs to learn to lie in his own skin, but he's has been jumped, and can he find a way back to the world he believed he could control.

"Two of a kind" Walton Simons

Jay and Jerry have begun to work together as a team, they have been engaged to investig
Colateral Damage
Wild Card's is back with this one. Card Sharks, while filled with interesting characters and places, was a batch of stories to show a history of the conspiracy. while I didn't hate that book it judt didn't have a smooth connection the whole way through. Marked Cards made that conspiracy a compelling story bringing all the past events into the modern light with s focusing on the single target the revealed Card Sharks make. That and I just loved the continuation of the Finn story.
Robert Rake
Good book about marked cards, let me know more about the card shake. Good book, worth reading but after finish, you may probably don't want to read it again.
Shayne
This 'new cycle' is amazing! Not since the first few books of the series have I been so desperate to get to the next page. New facets of old characters, new characters that you care about deeply. Enemies and antagonists that it is a pleasure to loathe. Turtle and Gravemold and Croyd, oh fucking my!!
Jamie
Jun 26, 2012 Jamie is currently reading it
Finally found copies of the last two books in "The New Cycle" (also called the Card Sharks trilogy) which were published by Baen and are out of print. Had the first one but 14 and 15 took a while to find.
Diego
Entertaining. Crap, but entertaining crap.
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Lilhandril
Lilhandril marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Catherine Johnson
Catherine Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Ray Rappisi
Ray Rappisi marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Korina Lias
Korina Lias marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Jaime De
Jaime De marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Raka Nandi
Raka Nandi marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Naysh Ochoa
Naysh Ochoa marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Lili
Lili marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Christopher Romero
Christopher Romero marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Loni Nightingale
Loni Nightingale marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
  • George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards: The Hard Call
  • Far Horizons: All New Tales from the Greatest Worlds of Science Fiction
  • Who Can Save Us Now?: Brand-New Superheroes and Their Amazing (Short) Stories
  • Callahan's Secret (Callahan's Series, #3)
  • The Other Side of the Mirror (Darkover Series)
  • From the Notebooks of Dr. Brain
  • Uneasy Alliances (Thieves' World, #11)
  • Empire of Unreason (Age of Unreason, #3)
  • Endgame (Merovingen Nights, #7)
  • Turning Points (Thieves' World, 2nd Series, #2)
  • Sky Pirates (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow, #3)
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

More about George R.R. Martin...

Wild Cards (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)
  • Aces High (Wild Cards, #2)
  • Jokers Wild (Wild Cards, #3)
  • Aces Abroad (Wild Cards, #4)
  • Down and Dirty (Wild Cards, #5)
  • Ace in the Hole (Wild Cards, #6)
  • Dead Man's Hand (Wild Cards, #7)
  • One-Eyed Jacks (Wild Cards, #8)
  • Jokertown Shuffle (Wild Cards, #9)
  • Double Solitaire (Wild Cards, #10)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)