Start by marking “The Wedding Promise” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Promise

The Wedding Promise (Angel Island #2)

Welcome to Angel Island. Its captivating spirit can be felt from the shores of its windswept beaches to the heights of the spectacular Angel Wings Cliffs. The island is said to harbor angels who help guide the lost, delivering them from despair and darkness into the golden light of love and faith.
The inn is officially open for business, and owner Liza Martin has booked he
Published April 1st 2011 by Berkley Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Promise

Trinity Rose
May 07, 2011 Trinity Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wedding Promise by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer is a very, very excellent book.
Liza takes over an Inn on Angel Island that her Aunt and Uncle use to run. They have passed away, so Liza and her brother could sell the Inn or run it. They decided to run it. That was what Book 1 The Inn at Angel Island was about. It was a super book also. In this book The Wedding Promise two young people fell in love in this area and thought it would be wonderful to be married at the Inn. Liza is very n
Allan67
Another book read to the wife. She loves to be read to, she always has. Reading is one of the few things that we can do together

We both thought that this was a so-so book. The wedding planning details were boring and dragged along for much of the book, but finally after some drama, the wedding happened. Then there was some last minute drama with Liza and her carpenter friend that felt like it was thrown in to complete the book. There is a third book in the series, but I'm not sure that we will
Janet
May 01, 2011 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the second in the Angel island series By Thomas Kinkade and kathryn Spence. It did not disappoint and was an enjoyable read.

He brought in some of our favorites from his Cape Light series. I enjoy hearing about those character as that series has come down to a Christmas book only each year.

This book is about a young couple who wants to get married at the Inn, that was so prominent in the first book. Liza, who took over the Bed and Breakfast after her aunt died, reluctantly tries hostin
Regina Spiker
May 13, 2011 Regina Spiker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As Liza continues transforming her inn on Angel Island, she is approached by an excited couple who knew her Aunt Elizabeth and wish to be married outside the inn in the gardens. But Liza has never put on a wedding and isn't sure she can handle the job, especially with the inn still being in disrepair. Her friend Claire and Daniel, the local carpenter and handyman, encourage Liza with the promise that her aunt would have been thrilled to accommodate the young, romantic couple. When Daniel asks Li ...more
Connie
I just love the Thomas Kinkade/Katherine Spencer books. I have read all of them. I would call their titles light Christian romances with a focus on the geography of coastal New England. The two series are: Cape Light and Angel Island.

New England, and especially the coast, have always been favorites of mine so I enjoy most titles that are set in these areas.

I happen to be Jewish rather than Christian, but I do read lots of Christian fiction, especially historical fiction, because the plots, chara
Pamela
Aug 04, 2016 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Angel Island series is just an enjoyable read. It's easy to feel like you're right there at the Inn along side Liza having coffee while Claire is making something spectacular in the kitchen.
Marie Buccellato
I absolutely love the Angel Island series!!!! Book #2 was everything I knew it would be......I Highly recommend anyone to read this!!
April Suter
Apr 30, 2011 April Suter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Kinkade and Spencer's second book returning to Angel Island, Liza is working to get her inn up and running. She has lots of help (with construction) from the handsome Daniel and of course Claire, the angel-like cook/housekeeper/wise advsior. Liza gets her first wedding scheduled at the inn and is thrilled to be like her aunt who ran the inn for so many years and hosted wedddings. But is the inn ready for a wedding or is Liza ready to deal with the bride's mother and the stress of having a "pe ...more
Stacey
If I could rate this among all the others in the Cape Light/Angel Inn series, it would get four stars. But if I'm being honest, because it is such a light, almost fluff read, I can't do it. I enjoyed it and read it as quickly as I could because I was enjoying the story so much. Was a bit disappointed with the climactic event that occurred toward the end because it felt so cheesy-unrealistic, but that is to be expected in a series whose goal is to tie most of their stories up in a neat little bow ...more
Gail Jorgensen
Jun 05, 2016 Gail Jorgensen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great story enjoyed it so much.
Wendy Cox
May 31, 2014 Wendy Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel right at home....
Carolyn Van
pleasant reading
Elaine
May 08, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great love story w/a twist.
Trish
For as much as my husband teases me about reading books written by Thomas Kinkade, this was a fun, light read. It didn’t have as much about the mysterious guardian angels as the first book, which was a bit disappointing, but the story of Liza coming into her own as an innkeeper was nice.

I also liked the story of the bride and groom. It showed how easy it is for misunderstandings to arise as two people are learning how to communicate with each other and make decisions as a couple.
Kassandra
This book covers a very important topic that often crumbles in a marriage...communication, especially on our own thoughts and feelings about difficult decisions. You see both leading couples struggling with simple communication with each other, because no one wants to hurt anyone else's feelings. I'm only giving this three stars, because I really did expect more from Thomas Kinkade. The book flowed okay, but there times I just felt as if I didn't connect with the characters very well.
JoAnne
Dec 30, 2011 JoAnne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in the Angel Island series. While I don't feel there's as much depth as his Cape Light series there are characters that cross over between both series which makes it interesting. It was fun to reconnect with some of the characters. There was a lot of conflict, anxiety and secrets but in the end there were 2 very nice happily ever afters. I look forward to continuing to read future books set on Angel Island.
K.C.
Apr 25, 2011 K.C. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall an enjoyable read. It was clean and uplifting. But I think the author did miss out on some possible twists and turns at the end of the novel that could have related more to the "miraculous" history of the island. The ending seemed a little too contrived and unspectacular. But there's such a shortage of clean romance that I'd recommend this series and the "Cape Light" series to others.
Tina
Jun 03, 2011 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have liked to have seen a little more romance in this story. I think that more could have been done with the history of the inn; Liza and Daniel could have had a more interesting relationship if they had worked on the inn together and created a little chemistry. Overall, it was a good book that was also an easy read.
Melissa
May 15, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading "The Wedding Promise" by Thomas Kinkade & Katherine Spencer. I look forward to reading "The Inn at Angel Island" and "A Wandering Heart". I might read this book again after reading "The Inn at Angel Island" since it's the first book in the Angel Island series.
Deann Doolittle
Love these books! Wish I could live there for real. Or at least visit the inn for a couple of nights. Needed to hear some of what Pastor Ben said to the young couple about marriage and use it for my own marriage. Can't wait to read the next one.
Ilovereading
Apr 28, 2012 Ilovereading rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very inspirationally beautiful and uplifting write. I loved the chaste incorporation and how the sweet romance budded slowly yet determinedly. The whole review is available at icysweetness.webs.com so go ahead and visit to see the review!
Tammie
May 06, 2013 Tammie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I like that it is connected with the Cape Light novels which are also by Kinkade and Spencer. A very fine series of books with strong characters and descriptive places.
Audra
Mar 29, 2012 Audra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to visit angel island after reading this book. It sounded like a relaxing place where anything was possible. I liked it better once I got into it the beginning was a little slow.
Diane
Sep 13, 2011 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book - it's a very nice, uplifting story and even includes a RECIPE!!! I will definitely look for more books by Thomas Kinkade.
Kim
Sep 13, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
Still a great book, but not quite as engaging and descriptive as those in the Cape Light series and the first book in the Inn at Angel Island series
Culleen
Oct 01, 2014 Culleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second installment to the Angel Island series is very good. I love how this series and the Cape Light series intertwine.
Jill
Feb 18, 2013 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great second book in the Angel Island series. I hope Katherine Spencer continues the saga.
Janet
Library book, predictable but good for some escapism. Setting island off New England.
Debbie
Dec 27, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sequel to the other angel island book that I loved. Loved this one too.
Dec 26, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cozy! Great series! Will miss the author/painter a lot!
  • The Perfect Life
  • Simple Deceit (Harmony, #2)
  • Plain Proposal (Daughters of the Promise, #5)
  • Grace (Sisters of the Heart, #4)
  • Simply Sara (Plain and Simple, #2)
  • Thanksgiving Prayer: Thanksgiving Prayer\A Handful of Heaven
  • Licensed for Trouble (PJ Sugar, #3)
  • 'Tis The Season (Virgin River, #7.5 & 10.5)
  • Another Dawn
  • Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio
  • Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)
  • Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon
  • Hearts Aglow (Striking a Match, #2)
  • Where Willows Grow (Heart of the Prairie #10)
  • Five Miles South of Peculiar
  • Mark's Story: The Gospel According to Peter (The Jesus Chronicles, #2)
19941
Thomas Kinkade was known as the "Painter of Light." His works, although spurned by the secular art establishment. were very popular with Christians and many others.
More about Thomas Kinkade...

Angel Island (6 books)