Start by marking “Take a Walk with Me” as Want to Read:
Take a Walk with Me

Take a Walk with Me

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  685 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
Excerpt:
“Grandma?” Cozy called as she closed the front door behind her. She inhaled a deep breath—bathing in the warm, inviting scent of banana nut bread baking in the oven. “Grandma? Are you in here?”
“Cozy!” her grandma called in a loud whisper. “I’m in the kitchen. Hurry!”
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 24th 2011 by Distractions Ink (first published December 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Take a Walk with Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take a Walk with Me

Lisa
Dec 09, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm pretty sure this is My FAVORITE E-book ever. It was won over by the kissing scenes...delish! Oh and the Wolfish man, Christmas light paradise scenes and the cracked candle votives. Need to try the almonds!
Katie W
Dec 08, 2013 Katie W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(12/13) I really LOVE this story!!! Such a cute, holiday story without any stress.

*(12/11) I did it! I re-read this during the holidays and it was every bit as fun and sweet as the first time.

* (7/11) A sweet holiday romance. Marcia weaves a truly romantic tale (times two!) in this story. Cozy Robbins is such a sweet, old-fashioned girl and Jesse is such a manly old-fashioned guy. What a perfect match! I love the little tidbits thrown in--orange almond punch, mulled apple cider, walnut ornaments
Sandy
Aug 24, 2011 Sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It almost feels blasphemous to give a Marcia book only three stars, but I prefer her historical romances. The endearing cheese just seems to work better when the setting is not contemporary. However, this will put a smile on your face if you're looking for a sweet, clean romance to encourage some Christmas cheer.
Inspired Kathy
Dec 25, 2010 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Thanks Marcia - You did it again!

This was the perfect book to read on Christmas afternoon. I started it 3 weeks ago when it was released but have had no time to read since then. Finishing Take A Walk With Me was first on my list of things to do this afternoon.

I loved this book just as I've loved everything Marcia Lynn McClure has written. A wonderful holiday romance. Can't wait until this gets turned into a full length book. Such fun characters in this sweet romance.

I think I need to find rec
Kristen
Jun 20, 2013 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
6/19/13 - Just a wonderful, romantic story with a hot guy. What more could you ask for?

8/30/12-
So cute, and romantic. I just wished instead of like 90 some odd pages it would have been 190.

And I wished it was December and I was reading it in front of a fire with my Christmas tree twinkling in the room. I'll have to re-read it during the holdiays.

Moral Note: Passionate kisses, language (heck, dang, a$$, and a couple cut off swear words)
Breanna
Dec 04, 2010 Breanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I absolutely loved this book! It was so wonderful to take a break from freaking out about finals to read such a happy, heart-warming book. I smiled and giggled tons throughout the book. I LOVED it! It is probably one of my favorite romances ever! I will definitely being reading it ever year from now on. :D
Becki
Dec 22, 2010 Becki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh! Marcia definitely is the queen of kissing! This book definitely made me salivate, in more ways than one. This was such a fun, light-hearted, holiday book. It made me all warm and fuzzy and in the mood to snuggle in front of a fire. Thanks for another great book Marcia!
Stacey Hall
Dec 20, 2010 Stacey Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book!! Jesse was so wolfish and delish!! Loved the romance with Dottie and Buck too!! Marcia did it again with a wonderful love story with great kissing!! Another favorite....ok, they all are!!This is definitely a must read!!
Alyssa
Dec 10, 2010 Alyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction
I read this tonight as I sat on my couch with my warm corn bags in front of my lit Christmas tree snuggled up in a blanket with hot apple cider. Such a FABULOUS holiday romance...I thoroughly enjoyed my evening...every last page of it. :)
Cindy
I loved this book! Jessie is perfect in looks and his actions, quite the guy! Cozy is great to fun, smart,and sweet! Their relationship was fun to watch unfold. Just what I needed at this time of year,great story!
Mar 07, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mmmmm... I loved it! Now can we get some recipes please?! :)
Cortney
Jan 25, 2011 Cortney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites
“Cozy!” her grandma called in a loud whisper. “I’m in the kitchen. Hurry!”
Cozy frowned—her heart leapt as worry consumed her for a moment. Yet, as she hurried to the kitchen to find her grandma kneeling at the window that faced the new neighbors yard, and peering out with a pair of binoculars, she exhaled
Jennybug
Reading this book was like someone telling you how they met their spouse. I liked it. I would really like to purchase one of the
little walnut ornaments, they sounded adorable.
I love how Marcia always talks about funny little things. I loved the quote about how, "No women should ever give up her Barbies,
not completely."
This made me think of my sister Karen. Also, I think it is really strange how they changed how Barbie
looked because they didn't want little girls obsessing with Barbies weight
Jessie
I just rereaed this for Swoon Fest, and I think I liked it even better my second time around. Take a Walk with Me really put me in the Christmas mood. I was playing my Christmas music (and it's not even Halloween yet). It also gave me an idea of what to cook for dinner, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, so it was invaluable ;).
Really, it was a cute story. I love Cozy and Jesse. I love the scene where he teaches her this is kissing, this is making out. It makes me laugh every time. A light, fun, holi
Kathy ~ Bookworm Nation
November 2011: Cute, conflict-free romance.

December 2010: This was a fun holiday read. I can picture curling up with some hot chocolate and reading this over the holidays. Anyway, both couples are cute, and it was just a sweet story. I would love to try the almond recipe and buy a walnut ornament!!

Christine Jensen
You know I always love books my Marcia, so it is no secret that I loved this one as well. This book has not one, but two budding romances to follow...and as usual, lots of good kissing ;) Mix in Thanksgiving, Christmas lights and long walks in the cool Autumn air and you have a cute story.
Karen
Dec 11, 2010 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it, as I love all her books. But as with all (or at least most) her ebooks, I really wish I could proof read them before they come out. All those little errors distract me from the story, but I still love them anyway.

I especially loved the holiday feel of this book :)
Jo Notary
252p Excerpt:
1CGrandma? 1D Cozy called as she closed the front door behind her. She inhaled a deep breath 14bathing in the warm, inviting scent of banana nut bread baking in the oven. 1CGrandma? Are you in here? 1D
1CCozy! 1D her grandma called in a loud whisper. 1CI 19m in the kitchen. Hurry! 1D
Cozy frowned 14her heart leapt as worry consumed her for a moment. Yet, as she hurried to the kitchen to find her grandma kneeling at the window that faced the new neighbors yard, and peering out with a
Brenda Swanson
Dec 18, 2010 Brenda Swanson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!! A great holiday read! I love Grandma Dottie! She and Buckly are awesome!! Jesse and Cozy are great!! I love Marcia's books and wait (very impatiently) for everyone of them!!!
Callie
Dec 16, 2010 Callie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I rate Marcia's books I rate them against themselves. The other ones that she has written. As this was not my favorite it was not bad. I usually am not partial to her modern day romances.
Teya Peck
Oct 30, 2014 Teya Peck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, fun, and of course a great love story. Reminds me of my grandma.

I enjoyed this more the second time again. It was charming and cute and just a simply fun read.
Kelly
Sep 05, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, marcia-mcclure
This title makes the book even better some how! I loved it! It is true what Marcia says about our society today! It's a good thing my husband still opens doors for me!!
Lisa
Sep 21, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super cute and fun holiday book. (Good to read anytime of year) Quick easy read. I loved it except for the old people kissing - yuck! Haha. :)
Kristen Tucker
Nov 23, 2015 Kristen Tucker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Marcia McClure's stories. Where women are treated with grace and respect and the men are masculine. I love best of all the statements Marcia included in this contemporary romance about society trying to change those identities and it not being implied with the timeline.
I loved the side romance involved with the grandparents. It was another element that makes Marcia's books so great.
Thankyou Marcia for your stories that inspire and depict a relationship with love, respect, and a start to s
Dec 08, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful holiday themed escape. It was a refreshing, nostalgic romance.
Ashlie Bernard
Dec 20, 2010 Ashlie Bernard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting read. I like the angle of the grandmother as well!
Angie Cornelison
Such a cute storie. Yes, this one left me with a smile!
Megan Swanson
Dec 20, 2010 Megan Swanson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adorable!
Melody
May 07, 2015 Melody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a sweet fun story to read. I was charmed as always by my favorite author of all time! Love the Christmas theme! Gets to me every time! And I love to read books like this not at Christmas time. I cherish it ever so much more! The words "Take a walk with me" will never be the same either! Wish I had a hunky hero who would say that to me! Lucky Cozy. Happy sigh. :)
Tiffany
Sep 20, 2011 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • All I Want
  • Jayhawk
  • Marian's Christmas Wish
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • Hearts Through Time
  • Montana Summer
  • My Sweetheart (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #3)
  • An Unexpected Kiss (Christmas in Snow Valley #1)
  • A Longtime -and at one point illegal- Crush
  • Wanted Man, A
  • The Rejected Suitor (Clearbrook Regency, #1)
  • Luck of the Draw
  • Not My Type: A Single Girl's Guide to Doing It All Wrong
  • My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • Full Court Devotion (Christmas in Snow Valley #3)
  • Her Reluctant Bodyguard
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...