Start by marking “The Perfect Rose” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Rose

The Perfect Rose

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Abandoned by his wife and left to raise a child alone, Caleb Reed falls short of the ideal work-from-home dad. He needs a woman to help him, in every sense of the word. At the suggestion of a friend, Caleb agrees to hire Ariel Lauren on a trial basis.

As an orphan, Ariel has more issues than just how to make it on her on. Yes, she needs the money that Caleb offers her, but
Published February 14th 2011 by Astraea Press (first published February 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Rose

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëPersuasion by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie MeyerSense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
CLEAN Romance Books
344th out of 2,050 books — 1,759 voters

More lists with this book...

Sapphyria
Jul 17, 2012 Sapphyria rated it really liked it
Review Copy Courtesy Of: Felicia Rogers, Author, in exchange for an honest review.

Saph's Review:

So....the author sent this to me about a year ago.....No, I'm not behind on book reviews at all! (Hint of sarcasm with a smile). I could actually kick myself for waiting this long to read "The Perfect Rose."

It all begins with Mabel....a nice little lady that should wear a pin boldly declaring that she is a Matchmaker Extraordinaire. Deciding that Caleb and his young son need a housekeeper, she recomme
Bea
"The Perfect Rose" is a sweet love story about two emotionally damaged people coming together. They learn to trust and to share. Caleb is divorced and a single father. His marriage and divorce left him bitter and wary of getting involved again. Ariel has never been able to be emotionally close with anyone, not family, friends, or significant others.

Ariel goes to work for Caleb as housekeeper and a babysitter for his eight year old son Joshua. Joshua is presented as being special, possibly a geni
Katrina
Apr 01, 2011 Katrina rated it liked it
Samantha
Oct 22, 2011 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
Caleb Reed is a man of honor. After his wife left him with a three year old, he didn’t hesitate to make it work for him and his son. Providing a home for a son with special needs (no spoilers!) is hard enough but the demands to produce more books is making his life a bit more stressful. With the guidance of the town’s mother hen, he agrees to hire Ariel Lauren to be a caregiver to his son, Joshua.

Ariel Lauren has dealt with all of life’s blows like a true champion. She has never known her parent
Lindi Peterson
Jan 10, 2012 Lindi Peterson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-challenge
The Perfect Rose by Felicia Rogers

Ariel, orphaned as a baby, is no stranger to being alone. With no real relationships to call her own, she’s taken by surprise when a new job as a nanny and housekeeper to a small boy and his single father, has her thinking long term what ifs. But long term never seems to work out for Ariel.

So why should it start now?

Single dad, weight lifter, and fitness book author, Caleb, stays clear of women since his wife left him years ago to run away to France with her lov
Jennah Scott
Jun 10, 2011 Jennah Scott rated it liked it
I received this book from the author for review. Overall the book was a good, quick read. Ariel is an easy to love character and Joshua won my heart almost instantly.

When Ariel is hired as Caleb's housekeeper there's an nearly instantaneous attraction between the two of them. This attraction quickly develops into much more, but they both have some personal problems to overcome before either is willing to see what they can make of a relationship. I love the interaction between Ariel and Joshua,
Kristy
Mar 27, 2011 Kristy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Felicia Rogers did a great job writing this sweet, powerful story. I absolutely fell in love with Caleb, Ariel, Joshua and even Mabel who brought so much character to the story. If this book were longer, I could really see it being turned into a movie. Everytime I read I had the perfect picture in mind. Mabel's accent and all! My only wish was that this was longer and I do hope Felicia does write a sequel. Sometimes we all need a short and sweet story though. This fit the bill! Felicia, keep on ...more
Lindsey ( United By Books Reviews)
Felicia Rogers brought a sweet and tender book to us all in The Perfect Rose. I started it late one night thinking I would just read a few pages since I had work early the next morning and before I knew it I couldn't stop reading. I fell in love with Caleb and Ariel's story and adored Joshua, Meddling Mabel also has a spot in my heart cause we all have one of her around. You could relate with the characters in Caleb's case once burned, twice shy. Then you have Ariel who never knew what love and ...more
Englishrose
Mar 25, 2011 Englishrose rated it really liked it
I thought that this was a sweet book, even though the story and characters were a bit choppy. I felt like the story didn't flow as well as I would have liked, often leaving me confused or dizzy as it bounced from event to event. The characters are good, but have little self-reflection given to them or response to interaction. I felt that Caleb was a hard one to really understand and like, but Ariel and Joshua were good. The story was good, I just wish it had been flushed out and smoothed over a ...more
Yvonne (Fiction Books)
May 18, 2014 Yvonne (Fiction Books) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Yvonne (Fiction Books) by: Author Review Request
"A Perceptive First Novella By An Inspired New Author"

This is my first foray into the world of the `Novella' and although I didn't start to read with any preconceived ideas, I did wonder how a `beginning, middle and end' to the story, was going to be realised in such a few short pages. Felicia however, was well up to the challenge and managed all three elements with great aplomb and without managing to lose her way.

Starting off with three emotionally damaged characters and in just a few chapter
Tifferz
May 16, 2011 Tifferz rated it really liked it
Tifferz Take:
This book cover is awesome!!! This is a sweet romance novella that is a keeper. I only wish that is was longer. Maybe Ms. Rogers will continue with the story and write a sequel. I fell in love with the Caleb, Ariel and Joshua. I was rooting for them to have a happy ending. The story line is great! I enjoyed this read in one afternoon. I will be looking for more from Ms. Rogers. I am excited to have found another author.

Readers Roundtable
May 25, 2011 Readers Roundtable rated it liked it
Felicia Rogers’ The Perfect Rose is a sweet romance that pairs a single dad with a young woman he has hired as a nanny for his son. To view this review in its entirety please visit http://thereadersroundtable.com/mains...
Kate Phoenix
I liked this book and the story of a single father bringing up his kid. But Ms. Rogers this book was soooo sweet that it actually made my tummy hurt and I felt nauseous. Thanks for the lovely read though love.
Jan
Apr 11, 2011 Jan rated it liked it
It was a good storyline but I felt like it was written for teens and preteen's to read more than an adult so didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would because of that fact.
Yolanda
Jul 06, 2014 Yolanda rated it it was amazing
Tugged at my Heart!
Felicia Rogers has done it again...drawn me into a story I couldn't put down! This is a wonderfully crafted, inspirational romance that will tug at your heart. Ariel is faced with so many struggles yet she continues to persevere despite all of the challenges life throws her way. I found her inspiring and the romance between her and Caleb is well developed. Caleb faces his own struggles after his wife just disappears and leaves him to raise their son alone. Joshua is a delight!
Emily Miller
Jul 28, 2011 Emily Miller rated it really liked it
What sweet short story!!! Reminds you of what a true family really is!!!
Wilani Wahl
Aug 05, 2014 Wilani Wahl rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. I loved the characters. I found I could relate to the characters. They seemed real and that is important to me when I read a book. I look forward to reading more of her books. I appreciated the fact that the heroine wanted to keep herself pure for her husband.
Felicia Rogers
Feb 21, 2011 Felicia Rogers rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well clearly I have to like it...it's mine! It's about family. Everyone wants a family, right? Ariel Lauren is no different. She'd hired by a stay at home father, Caleb Reed, to help with Joshua, Caleb's son. During Ariel's time in Caleb's home, something takes place. This 'something' leads to the perfect Rose.....
Kelly
Mar 26, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
I liked it ok. 3.5 stars really.

I had a hard time connecting with Ariel. But I enjoyed the story and did see the connection she had with Joshua.
Janice Sisemore
Janice Sisemore marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Delmira Anguizola
Delmira Anguizola marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Olga Kribototzik
Olga Kribototzik marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Michelle N
Michelle N marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Shelly
Shelly rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Gail Hollingsworth
Gail Hollingsworth marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Shannan Williams
Shannan Williams marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Rachelle
Rachelle marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Michele Hayes
Michele Hayes marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015