Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed

The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed (The Berenstain Bears)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  6,267 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Sister Bear can run faster, climb higher, and hit a ball farther than the boys, and she gloats over it. So Brother Bear and his friends build a clubhouse for boys only, and Sister is hopping mad! She plans a honey of a revenge in this funny and thoughtful book.

From the Trade Paperback edition.
Published February 2nd 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed

Will Thomas
I ahve always liked the Berenstain Bears series. No girls aloud how ever was extreamly special because the book grab the reader. There is a level of predictability because the boys build a fort and put a sign out frunt that says no girls aloud. Well sister bear and her friends dont like this at all and run and tell mom and pappa. So at this point the reader knows that somthing is going to happen to brother and his friends. Pappa bear then desides to build a fort for the girls. the story continue ...more
Magila
My wife subjected me to this book because I consistently beat her in all her favorite games. I like the Bernstein bears ok, but I couldn't help but feel that the message was little girls shouldn't beat little boys at things. And where I come from, if you're not war whooping, you're not playing. So, eh. And it wasn't nearly as awesome as other picture books. This is one I won't be reading to the kids...
Sam Gaume
This installment into the Berenstain Bears series has a couple of key components to it that should be utilized in teaching young kids. The first problem in the book is that Sister is bigger and more athletic than her brother and his friends, prompting them to exclude her from all their games. This is accurate because girls do develop faster than boys and is something that should be addressed if boys are feeling discouraged by girls being athletically superior than them at a young age; because it ...more
Donna
Books are an emotional subject in our family. Everyone has a stake in every title, it seems, and everyone has an opinion. And back when the first grandchildren (for one set of grands) were born, everyone jumped up to buy books for the little stinkers.

Grandparents! This was the only possible way I would ever have had any of this series in my house. There are just too many words on the pages, and it is not adult-friendly prose, to my way of thinking. I have to admit, two of my four toddlers loved
Monica
A good attempt, but the authors/story still cater to narrow-mindedness when Mother & Papa Bear stooping to the boys' level and agreeing it's upsetting for a girl to be able to outrun, out-climb, and out-hit the boys. Some contradiction in trying to be welcoming and not gender exclusive with that obvious mess up.
Alexandria
Sister always joins her brother and his friends in their games but they think it holds them back. As she grows up she develops faster and becomes more athletic than them, making her very boastful. The boys go off and make their own tree house and do not allow her inside because she is a girl. While Sister is initially devastated and Papa is angry,. Instead of forcing the boys to include her in their clubhouse, Papa builds Sister a better one. After the boys see how great the new clubhouse is the ...more
Kristy
It's really too bad I didn't have these as a kid, because I'm positive I would have spent hours just enjoying the illustrations.
Molly
This was the first book I ever read. I had my parents read it to me so many times that I memorized all the words.
Miri
Sister always tags along with Brother and his friends to play games, when she becomes better at running, baseball, tree climbing and marbles, it's annoying, but when she starts dancing winning dances, whooping and cheering she becomes unbearable and Brother and his friends create a clubhouse where there are NO GIRLS ALLOWED! Brother and Sister bear both learn an important lesson in this book. Brother learns that he-bear or she-bear, everyone deserves to join in the fun and Sister learns that it' ...more
Anneta Doerflinger
annbell

good l like it its cool :hgggfcgbhccgnlvdfhjjbbhhghggyhvgghhggjhgfhuthitghbfhgryjjfghhhfyhggisjsjdjdnndnxjjxndnxbdbhdhddjjdjddj dujdjdjdjdjjdjudggbcvnvgjgffffgggdewsfgxergbxx_jhhshjsjsjbshhhhhhhhjjhhhhhjhggghhh:hgygjejxjdhegnxnxjjdvdghdjshdhdhgdhehehhdhjdjdjrjrjdijdhdbdhdjjdjdhdhjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjejejjejejejehhdhdhhxbdppoiqiwjdnmnbvcxzasdfghjklpoiuytrewqqqqqqqqqqwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeerrrr nnbhhhjj;Jessica Dowell fffghffggtrftvgfdfgg(fuhxxhrdhjxfggxgutstjhxf fgggfccxxfffffffx fff cc c f. vgggfcx
Evan
In this classic picture book for children, Stan & Jan Berenstain once again delight audiences with an age-old tale from the Bear family home. Sister Bear, who always tags along with Brother Bear and his buddies, starts to be a nuisance once she bests the boys at their games. So they decide to kick her to the curb by building a fort complete with the sign that forms the book's title: NO GIRLS ALLOWED.

Upon hearing this news, Father Bear is all ready to come to the defense of his little girl an
Anthony Mitchell
This one of the titles in a beginner book series by Stan and Jan Berenstain that teaches kids about family values as told by the adventures of a group of bears. This story tells of the unsportsmanlike conduct of Sister,when she plays with her fellow-bears and how she has the tables turned on her by her friends. It is a case study on how kids should and shouldn't act when playing with each other.

The quote from this tale that sums up the moral of the story comes a fourth to last page. "They're bad
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
★★★★★The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed by Stan and Jan Berenstain
(view spoiler)
My sister and I love
Julie Barrett
No Girls Allowed by Jan and Stan Bernstein
Sister bear liked to play with her brother bears, their marble games. She's a lot faster runner and a climber.
She even hits the baseball better. The father thinks it's a good thing she can do these things. When there were no boy cubs around she
picked flowers for her mother and did other things. The cubs were building a clubhouse and it's only for boys.
The girls had an idea to make their own clubhouse-no boys allowed.
Love how they get together at the end,
Rebecca Abrams
Genre: Fantasy and Picture book
Grade level: 3.6 and Lexile is 610

This book was funny and realistic in its portrayal of young boys and girls. The main characters are sister bear and brother bear. Sister bear is upset that the boys always win at sports. She gets upset when the boys create a club and exclude her because she is a girl. The girls create their own clubhouse which Mama and Papa bear help them with. Mama and Papa bear also cook for the girls and the boys smell the delicious food and as
Grace
I loved this book cause when the brother leaves the sister out the sister feels sad and no one likes to feel left out.!.
Jessica Leigh Sheffield
Read this no my little girl as a bed time story. She wondered could we barbeque honey combs.... It was an ok read.
Chester Richmond
This book delves into the subject of children choosing to not involve others because of their gender. This would serve as a great reference if you wanted to teach about including others or friendship to your child or classroom. This book shows how bad it can feel when you are ignored and not included by a group.

In a classroom I would use this book near the early part of the year ion a younger classroom to set a precedent for group work and classroom demeanor. It would show the classroom that the
Mercedes Riley
Enjoyed reading it again to the next gen of title IX earners.
Azkamalazka
my fave so far, but the title is not fair.
it should be NO BOYS ALLOWED.
Shelli
Sister Bear has always tagged along with Brother and his friends when they play, much to the annoyance of the boys. When Sister Bear starts beating them at all their games and being a poor winner to boot, it becomes to much for the boys. Brother and his friends build a Boy's Club house that boldly states "No Girls Allowed" on their club sign. Mama, as always, has some words of wisdom to share on how Sister Bear should handle this problem. Maybe a Girls Club is in order?
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
Always a fan of the Berenstein Bears!

Sister bear loves playing with Brother bear and his friends. But sometimes little sisters (or brothers) can get annoying when you just want to play with your own friends. So the boys build a Boy's Only club. Sister bear isn't all that happy about not being included so she makes a Girl's Only Club. As usual, Momma Bear is the voice of wisdom and helps sister and brother bear work out their differences. Great story.
Alvera
We've read this one probably at least 20 times in the last week. Like most Berenstain Bears books, it's a good starting point for some important conversations -- in this case about how annoying the opposite sex and siblings can be and how fun it can be to play and get along anyhow. It's also got some great points about what it means to be a good sport -- as the person who wins and as the person who doesn't. We love it!
♥ Susan
I have never totally "gotten" this book... it is filled with oddly explained lessons, not really what you would expect from a book with this title (it's not simply about leaving girls/boys out, etc.) However, for whatever reason, all of my kids -- now ages 4-13 -- ALWAYS loved this book. I don't quite get it... even though I have probably read it close to 3 dozen times. However, I am starring it on their behalf. ;-)
VampireNovelFan
I think there's a very good reason that this book series has spanned decades and maintained popularity. It gives children the chance to think on their own and make their own choices for behaviors that carry over into their adult lives. Many of these issues will be ones that will persist through their lives, just on different levels of course. I love the nostalgia reading this as an adult.
Kirsten Cook
I have always truly enjoyed reading books that are in a series, I was always a tomboy and believed the whole idea "anything you can do I can do better" so when I saw this title naturally I had to read it I was in the third grade and just felt so empowered by this book.I would educate my class in a manner of viewing everyone as equal as opposed to a more dominant race.
Christie rdg3320
This book teaches students that boys and girls can play together. When students start school they begin to realize the differences between girls and boys and they form groups excluding the other sex. This book teaches them that boys and girls can play together and have fun.
Christian Singer
If you're good at something or win a game, it's better if you don't showoff or make a big deal about it.

Like the other Berenstain Bears books, this one is good for teaching youngsters how to get along with others.
21awsomeswimmer2121
This book is about the boys making a club that no girls are allowed, and sister feels hurt. In the end both girls and boys like each other again.

This is a good book for people just learning to read!
  • Me Too! (Little Critter)
  • The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks
  • Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey
  • Arthur's Baby (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Clifford's Birthday Party
  • Franklin Has a Sleepover
  • Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever!
More about Stan Berenstain...
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV