Start by marking “Thank You Notes” as Want to Read:

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  2,233 ratings  ·  285 reviews
Thank you, slow walking family walking in front of me on the sidewalk. No, please, take your time. And definitely spread out, too, so you create a barricade of idiots. I am so thankful that you forced me to walk on the street and risk getting hit by a car in order to pass you so I could resume walking at a normal human pace.Jimmy Fallon has a few people and a few things to ...more
Published May 23rd 2011 by Grand Central Publishing (first published May 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Thank You Notes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You Notes

Bossypants by Tina FeyIs Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy KalingDad Is Fat by Jim GaffiganBorn Standing Up by Steve MartinIf You Ask Me by Betty White
Books by Comics
15th out of 68 books — 85 voters
Bossypants by Tina FeyThe Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David MitchellOpen by Andre AgassiThe Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha MukherjeeLast Call by Daniel Okrent
From Fresh Air
31st out of 84 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Philip
Look out Jack Handey, there’s a new thinker in town. Or more appropriately, a new thanker. Jimmy Fallon, (or his writers, at least) have dished out some Handey-esque gratitude that I haven’t seen in years. (Granted, I haven’t read Handey’s latest, What I’d Say To the Martians: And Other Veiled Threats so, maybe I should read that before dethroning the man…)

Fallon’s faux thanks read like deep thoughts, with parallel humor. “Thank you... pen I just put in my mouth and started chewing on, for alrea
❀УᗩᔕᗰᎥИƎ❀
“Now that everybody’s good and thanked, go ahead and enjoy the book. I promise you’ll laugh...”

We live in a world full of false promises lies.

I'm sorry to say this, but I found this book humorless.

Actually, I take that back. It was funny. But I didn't laugh. And why is that? Not because I'm some kind of emo who never laughs even when Duck Dynasty is on. I didn't laugh because I've heard these jokes before, so it's not something new to me.

But here are some parts that I actually found funny, and
Rossy
Not funny :(
I didn't laugh, but I liked soooome ~Thankyous~

Thank you paper clips, for being like staples for people who can’t commit.

Thank you onion rings, for being my favorite food, until I bite into you and I’m left with a cold, wet onion in my mouth and a tiny deep-fried steering wheel cover in my hand.

G
Fans of Jimmy Fallon, pop culture, or late night television will love this funny little book. I know I did!

I was lucky enough to receive an autograph copy of this book at BookExpo America last month. After noticing how small the book was, I set it aside, thinking it was going to be all fluff, no substance. But, I was wrong, because I forgot the old saying, great things come in small packages.

Some of the thank you notes inside are sincere, while most are sarcastic or witty. As a girl who loves t
Thomas Andrikus
p.95:
Thank you urinals that inexplicably have ice in them. You know exactly what I'm looking for–a nice pee on the rocks. Next time, can I get a twist of lime in there, too? Maybe a salted rim? Thanks.

p.96:

p.98:
Thank you people who insist on showing off ultrasound pictures of your unborn children. Just so you know, all those pictures look exactly the same: like charcoal drawings of an alien
Marie Corbitt
This book is hillarious!! Some of my favorite thank you notes:

"Thank you slow-walking family walking in front of me on the sidewalk. No, please, take your time. And definitely spread out, too, so you create a barricade of idiots. I am so thankful that you forced me to walk into the street and risk getting hit by a car in order to pass you so I could resume walking at a normal human pace."

"Thank you leaf blowers, for making me look like the world's lamest Ghostbuster. I ain't afraid of no leaves.
Patty Marvel
Fun book, but it's kinda sparse - it IS a collection of faux thank you notes with some stock photos, after all. Get it from the library rather than pay for it, but certainly get it. Here are three of my favorites.

THANK YOU...stuffing, for always being delicious, even though you were cooked in a turkey's butt.

THANK YOU...certain days when I can see the sun and the moon in the sky at the same time. You make me feel like I'm Luke Skywalker on his home planet of Tatooine, concerned about his aunt a
Traci
At first I felt guilty for counting this "book" on my reading challenge (100 books = 2012 goal). I mean, really... it's not a "real" book, is it? It's just a bunch of little thank you notes, each getting its own page, and it took all of a half-hour tops to read. So why count it? And why count it "legally"?

Well, I'll tell ya. I thought about it after I got thru the guilt, and I realized that yes, this is a book. It's short, true, but it's funny. And believe it or not, it even made me think a time
Best ones:

(Bronze) Thank you, tai chi, for being the perfect way to defend myself against an army of invisible slow-motion ninjas. (p.76)

(Silver) Thank you, guy whose chair made a farting noise, for spending the next 20 minutes awkwardly shifting around trying to re-create the noise so people would know it was just the chair. (p.62)

(Gold) Thank you, graduations, for being a time when we come together and celebrate a bunch of kids who spent four long years getting at least a C-. (p.121)
Tanya
Jimmy Fallon is so hilarious. I didn't even mind when he laughed through every skit on SNL and he's adorable. You may have noticed I'm a bit biased in this review. This is simply a collection of his thank you notes from the show. They're most often sarcastic and always funny. It's not a long book. I don't know how much it costs for a regular book because I read my books on the Nook but don't pay too much since it is short and there's literally two or three sentences per page.
Rebekah
Obviously read this book in one sitting, but is a cool book for the coffee table or bathroom as well. Probably one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. One of my personal favorites: "Thank you person I am walking behind who happens to be going in the exact same direction, for making me feel like I'm following you. And thank you, my decision to joke, "I'm not following you," for somehow not putting that person at ease.
Tatiana
Thank You... Jimmy Fallon, for being opportunistic, rehashingcompiling 164 of the very best from Late Night's genius Friday staple segment,"Thank You Notes," into a postcard of a book and selling it for the current price of just under three gallons of gas. Like my comedy crush on you needed cementing. Or that I enjoyed almost spewing Root Beer out my nose due to the absurdly relatable toilet paper joke. Thanks.
Orsolya
I personally find Jimmy Fallon to be a comedic talent, sweet, and not terrible on the eyes. Basically, I would describe myself as a fan. I was therefore naturally drawn to “Thank You Notes” based on the segment by the same name from Late Night. Did I get the same thrill from the book?

Sadly, the answer to that is ‘no’. Although “Thank You Notes” is based on a humorous premise, the execution fails. Not only are the one-liners not even written by Fallon but they are literally just that: one-liners.
Rose
Jan 05, 2012 Rose rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the "thank you notes" segment on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Recommended to Rose by: Barnes and Noble
Shelves: humor, quick-read
When reading this, I'll admit I read all of the quotes in Jimmy Fallon's voice with the signature mood music playing in the background. I don't know if that says anything about the book or the way my memory kicks in for things, but I will say that I enjoyed reading it for the most part.

It's the kind of book you can read in less than half an hour, and it does have funny quips and quirks that are likely to make one chuckle if you really like the segment on the show. But I'll also admit that some o
Jessica-Robyn
Jimmy Fallon is one of the talk show hosts I actually occasionally watch, but I feel like this book was mistreated. The Thank You Note segment is such a great, simple concept that you can do pretty much anything with it. So the notes themselves were all to the standard you could expect with varying quality and varying effectiveness. If you're a really die-hard fan of Jimmy, you'll probably enjoy it no matter what.

However, I saw this was an opportunity to do something visually interesting with t
Erika B. (Snogging on Sunday Books)
O my gosh I'm dying from laughter! I was looking for a really funny book and saw this at the library and thought 'o what the heck! Why not!' Sometimes you just really need a laugh ya know! :D And Jimmy Fallon is always a goodie to supply that! Why not spread the love! Here are some of my favs!
"Thank you...guy at the dry cleaners, for charging me $11 to clean a dress shirt. It clearly doesn't cost that much, but you know I'll pay it anyway because I'm not really sure what you do and how much it
Alexei
{Sited from my website TeenageBookaholic }

Thank You...
Jimmy Fallon, for creating a book that wasn't as funny to me because of my age, but still had good key points. I see you, man in front of me in a revolving door that is making me do all the work, or you, boy with large headphones letting one rip. Yes, you can't hear it but the people in Europe can! Anyway, maybe when I'm older, I will die laughing with this book.

In this book, Jimmy Fallon publishes notes from his hilarious sketch on his Late
Patrice Sartor
This is not something I think that most people need to own, but this is the best per-second total laugh ratio I think I've ever had for a book, and it only takes about 15 minutes to read.

I laughed til I cried, til my lungs hurt from the effort, until my kids thought I lost it and my husband thought maybe I was pregnant again. I didn't care. I read a bunch of these "thank yous" out loud, and didn't care if anyone else laughed. I don't even care if you laugh, but I kinda hope you do.

Note--I do not
Josh McConnell
Move aside The Book Of Awesome, there's another book of hilarious antidotes in town. Jimmy Fallon and the Writers of Late Night have capitalized on the popularity of their Thank You Notes segment from their late night television show by releasing a small collection of them to retail. Accompanied by pictures to go with each thank you note, the book is the perfect side-table to strike up laughs with friends. With no sequential importance, one can pick up the book and start reading at random to gai ...more
Shauna
Thank you, Jimmy Fallon, for putting some of your best work in a book and always making me laugh! I am a HUGE fan of Late Night with JF and his Friday night Thank You Notes segment is one of my favorites. I couldn't resist buying this book, even though I read the whole thing in the car on the way home from B&N (no, I wasn't driving!). I laughed out loud at almost every note. Jimmy and his writers are hilarious and so talented. I recommend it for big laughs. And if you'd rather not spend your ...more
Judith
"Thank you . . . Mother's Day, for being exactly like Father's Day, except with people actually giving a crap." "Thank you . . .raisins, for decades of faithful service as the Halloween treat of choice for hippies, cheapskates, and assholes." "Thank you . . .the name Lloyd, for starting with two Ls. I'm glad both those Ls were there, because otherwise I would have called you 'Loyd'."

You get the picture: utterly adorable book for people who want to take a break from real reading and laugh for abo
Allybal
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon continues to be a favorite of mine, I adore his delivery and sense of comedy indefinitely.
Like many other reviewers, I had heard most of these notes from the show itself, However I still thoroughly enjoyed reading through these with Jimmy's intonation in my mind while giggling at the horribly inartistic stock photos.
A fun, conversation starter to put on my side table next to Stuff White People Like and a PostSecret book.
Mayda
Maybe humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Some of these notes were genuinely funny. Some seemed to target the male middle school mind set. That being said, it made me think about the things I was thankful for, mostly that I picked up this book to read in the first place, that it only took me 10 minutes to read, and that I borrowed it from my local library and didn't spend $12 on it.
Amy Sheridan
From watching Jimmy Fallon on SNL, I know that he finds himself very funny. Little did Jimmy know that other than Tina Fey, no part of SNL has been funny since... I don't know, the 80s?

There were one or two funny notes in this book, but the rest seemed like he was reaching. Oh well, good to know that Jimmy still finds himself funny.
Cathy
Jimmy Fallon's thank you note segment has finally given a reason for us to use our dvr on friday nights!!! He may have single-handedly made hand written thank you notes trendy for a new generation...so thank you Jimmy Fallon (and your very talented team of writers) for keeping making good manners cool!
Lacey
If you love Jimmy Fallon and his style of humor, you will love this book. His "Thank You Notes" portion of his show is one of my all-time favorites, so I of course had to have this book. It is a small, novelty book, but works great as a coffee table type book.
Melody Manful
Thank you Jimmy Fallon for distracting me from my homework with this book. When I get an F, and doesn't get a job, I hope you are prepared for a roommate... because I already bought a one way ticket to where you live, and I'm bringing my little friend 'camping bag'.
Kristin Little
I don't know if I can really count this towards my reading goals as it only took about 20 minutes to read, but it was really very funny! I was literally laughing out loud while reading it until my husband made me read it aloud. A great pick-me-up book. :)
Neena Munjal
Loved the wit of Jimmy Fallon! He makes me belly laugh. The book is over 180 pages and I read through all his "thank you notes" in one night - laughing while reading each one! Highly recommend this book, if you are looking for light-reading.
Brittany
This was less of a book and more than something to just flip through when bored/on the toilet (haha), but I enjoyed it, nonetheless. Some pretty funny ones were included...definitely helped pass the time one evening :)
  • Damn You, Autocorrect!: Awesomely Embarrassing Text Messages You Didn't Mean to Send
  • Wreck the Halls: Cake Wrecks Gets "Festive"
  • Sh*t My Kids Ruined: An A-Z Celebration of Kid-Destruction
  • I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar: A Collection of Egregious Errors, Disconcerting Bloopers, and Other Linguistic Slip-Ups
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America
  • When Parents Text: So Much Said...So Little Understood
  • The Customer Is Not Always Right: Hilarious and Horrific Tales of Customers Gone Wrong
  • Fail Nation: A Visual Romp Through the World of Epic Fails
  • 1,001 Facts That Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader
  • F in Exams: The Funniest Test Paper Blunders
  • Signspotting: Absurd and Amusing Signs from Around the World
  • This is a Book
James Thomas Fallon, Jr. is an American comedian, actor, and musician known for his work on Saturday Night Live. He is also scheduled to become the host of Late Night in 2009.
More about Jimmy Fallon...
Thank You Notes 2 I Hate This Place: The Pessimist's Guide to Life Snowball Fight! The Bathroom Wall Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA

“Thank you leaf blowers, for making me look like the world's lamest Ghostbuster. I ain't afraid of no leaves.” 13 likes
“Thank you 'adults who wear back packs' for letting me know that I don't have to take you seriously” 6 likes