Start by marking “Ensin rahat (Stephanie Plum, #1) ” as Want to Read:
Ensin rahat (Stephanie Plum, #1)

Ensin rahat (Stephanie Plum, #1) (Stephanie Plum #1)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  337,383 ratings  ·  11,793 reviews
Palkkionmetsästäjä pulassa! Rento ja räväkkä jännäri

”On miehiä, jotka ilmaantuvat naisen elämään ja pilaavat sen ikiajoiksi. Joseph Morelli teki niin minulle – ei ikiajoiksi, vaan aina silloin tällöin.”

Työpaikkansa menettänyt Stephanie Plum on pinteessä. Hän tarvitsee rahaa, mutta ajat ovat kovat. Niinpä hänen on pakko pyytää apua sukulaisilta. Hän keplottelee Vinnie-serkk
Published 2008 by WSOY (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Ensin rahat (Stephanie Plum, #1), please sign up.

Robin Heaton would depend... the books are definitely not raunchy, not a lot of foul language, some sexual inuendo, no full blown descriptions, mature high…morewould depend... the books are definitely not raunchy, not a lot of foul language, some sexual inuendo, no full blown descriptions, mature high schooler maybe?(less)

It’s Gender Reversal Day here on Goodreads as I review One for the Money.

So Samuel Plum is an underwear buyer for a retail store who has recently lost his job. Desperate for cash, he blackmails his pervert cousin who runs a bail bonds agency into letting him go after a cop named Jane Morellie who was accused of murder and then skipped. There may be a personal revenge motive for Samuel in this because Jane is the girl who seduced him and took his virginity in high school. Since she never called
Claire Greene
Apr 14, 2008 Claire Greene rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I. LOVE. THESE. BOOKS. SERIOUSLY. I am obsessed with this series. And you know when your brain keeps telling you that this is ridiculous, there must be a hundred books that are written better, or a better mystery, or whatever? Well, I don't care!!! This series is my ultimate guilty pleasure. I was hooked with the first one and have read the entire series thus far - including all the stupid mini books in-between. Now, those mini books I could do without and they always feel like an attempt to mak ...more
Dec 28, 2011 Jessica rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: BC1
Dribble, dribble, dribble. To amuse myself I compiled a top 5 list of things from this book that any future bookclubs book shouldn't include:

1- a herioine who regularly wears spandex shorts (I see it was wrote in 1994, still...that was past the 80' excuses).

2- the term "crotch wrinkles." Used in a sentence: "By five o'clock I was feeling antsy, and my rayon skirt had serious crotch wrinkles."

3- a scene where a man masturbates on Ms. Plum's door (or any woman's door)

4- the term "boinked" es
Raeleen Lemay
Just as I predicted, I did not enjoy this.

The main character is a LITERAL marshmallow and I absolutely couldn't stand her, and the plot was boring to say the least (it was also ridiculous). I've heard from many people that this book is funny, but I sure didn't think so... It wasn't even like there were jokes that I just didn't see the humor in, but rather I couldn't even understand what was SUPPOSED to be funny about it. The writing was very bland.

I also listened to this on audiobook, which is
Sometimes you just need to read a book like this. With mediocre writing and a plot as see-through as Grandma's underpants, it will take your mind off life's more substantial material for a while.
Meg ♥
The movie came out a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen it yet. I figured this would be a good time to write a review about this book, since I read it a few months ago, but never got a chance to review it.

This book was highly recommended to me, because although I really do read a bit of everything I find chick-lit to be the most entertaining. When I'm in a bad mood I can sit down with a chick-lit about some crazy chick with usually unrealistic problems that makes my life seem boring and laugh my
Funny and light-hearted book with a likeable heroine who never loses track of her goal to earn 10,000 dollars as a bounty hunter. Too bad its an old ex-lover she has to find but then - she still has a bone to pick with him....
This first book in the series made me jump outright on the Stephanie Plum-bandwagon and I prepare myself for an enjoyable ride!
Jan 25, 2010 Tatiana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of funny mysteries
Recommended to Tatiana by: Heather
I've been seeing Evanovich books for years and not even once was I compelled to give them another look or find out if they were worth my time. I kind of regret it now.

This 1st book in the series about a female bounty hunter set in New Jersey ethnic neighborhood was quite a pleasure to read. The book was written about 15 years ago and definitely felt dated in many ways, especially in regards to "fashion" - spandex shorts, big hair, hoop earrings and all that. But the humor remained fresh, Plum/Mo
Robin (Bridge Four)
Buddy reading with some friends at Buddies Books and Baubles starting Nov 1

The Plan: Read one book in the series per month. So that's like the next 2 years. I now plan buddy reads 2 years I do not have a problem...and even if I did I seem to be going to a group for it...soooooo. Don't judge me :P

Lazy Review Time - since this came out forever ago and there are a bazillion reviews

This series has 20+ books in it. I can see what it has been so popular over the years. It is just a good t
Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
11/11/15: Buddy (Re)Read with my peeps at BB&B

So with the release of the movie, I thought some words were in order. First off, this book is nothing more than pure, uncut sugar for the brain. The writing is, meh. The characters are, meh; except for grandma, she's funny as shit. But the overall story really did nothing for me. For some reason I just couldn't get excited about a female bailbondsman trying to make ends meet. And her exploits never really engaged me. (I know that was a very poor, and probbaly inadequate summary, O well.) Sadly, ...more
Tea Jovanović
bozanstven humor, zabavno... autorka je divna koliko i njena junakinja Stefani Plam... imala sam to zadovoljstvo da je upoznam na sajmu u Njujorku davne 2002. I divna je koliko i njene knjige... To mi je jedno od najdražih iskustava :)
Jan 27, 2012 Dorothy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery lovers
How is it that, having been an avid reader of mysteries for much of my life, I had never picked up one of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books? A gross oversight on my part that I have now rectified. I have finished the first one of the series.

I've been reading quite a few serious books this summer - "The Maytrees," "Falling Man," "Absolute Friends," and "A Thousand Splendid Suns" to name the most recent - and I was ready for a drastic change. This book certainly offered that.

I was captivated
Tilly Slaton
One for the Money is a wonderful book! (REPOSTING DUE TO MOVIE RELEASE!)

I have always read psycho-thrillers, romance, paranormal romance etc. My momma told me, “You have to read Evanovich! You’ll laugh so hard!”

So, I did.

Stephanie Plum is a super cool character. She’s like any regular woman in the world, a fun personality shaped with a loving family, embarrassing moments and some bitter days. She lost her job. Her car was repossessed. She was forced to resort to accepting a job with her cousin V
The Holy Terror
I'm new to audiobooks, and at this point I'm not exactly sure how much they're for me. I can listen to whatever I want during my workday, so I figure, why not catch up on some reading while I do it? The problem is, I seem to come across more audiobooks that rub me the wrong way than those that don't. When the narrator is female and she reads the part of a male and is trying to either be sexy or menacing, I have a hard time with it. The same goes the other way as well. I've
My mom's been bugging me for years to read this. I resisted, because, well, mom books. I thought it would be silly, I thought it would be overwrought, I thought it would be chick-lit...and it wasn't! I was pleasantly surprised. It's no deep, mystery-thriller, but it wasn't a complete throw-away beach read, either. I enjoyed it and I'll get #2 on hold from the library. This looks like a good fill in read, a go-to read when I have nothing on tap and need a capable stand in.

Thanks Mom!
Jun 26, 2014 Eric rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I couldn't in good conscience recommend anyone else read this
Shelves: audiobooks, crime
My wife and I were heading to Philadelphia for a long weekend, and decided to get an audiobook for the road trip. After a short conversation about how that "female bounty hunter movie" was based on a best selling book, I downloaded this. I was slightly curious, as I have seen the author's name on bookshelves for years now, and didn't know anything other than that she was very fond of numbers in her titles.

Eight minutes into our road trip my wife asked me to shut the book off, as she had a heada
When I was in seventh grade, freshly transferred to a new school, my sole friend invited me up to her friend’s mother’s friend’s cabin, to stay for a week with a bunch of kids I’d never met before. I don’t particularly like cabins. I burn in the sun. I don’t swim well. And I’m not good around strangers. So I told her no, and then my mother made me go back to her and say yes.

So there I was, at a cabin full of strange girls, knowing that at any second we were going to go windsurfing or someth
Miss Kim
So I've finally met Stephanie Plum. I wasn't disappointed. I read this in a matter of hours, and laughed most of the time. She gets fired from her job, so she goes to work for her cousin Vinnie as a bounty hunter. Needing big cash, she takes the case of Joe Morelli, a cop wanted for murder. She stumbles her way through everything from stealing cars, shooting guns, catching Failure to Appears. I like her because she suffers the indignities of the everyday woman--bad hair, etc.
Stephanie Plum has hit some hard times. She’s lost her job as a buyer of cheap lingerie, fallen behind on her bills and has had her beloved car repossessed. She’s got moldy cheese and a stale loaf of bread in the fridge and she has hawked most of her furniture and major appliances to pay the rent and procure a P.O.S Nova. Stephanie doubts things could get much worse. She’s about to be proven wrong.

In a stroke of dumb luck, or perhaps, an evil twist of fate, Stephanie lands a job at her uncle Vin
Mar 29, 2015 •Anna• rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: janet-evanovich
Stephanie Plum: a 6 anni gioca al trenino con Joe Morelli. A 16 gli vende il bignè, nonostante tutti, mamma compresa, continuassero ad avvertirla di stare lontana dal bad boy. Per tanti anni non si sono più cagati, come da copione: Joe Morelli è il tipo da "una botta e via". Ma poi, sulla soglia dei 30, senza uno straccio di lavoro e senza qualcuno da cui farsi mantenere, decide di diventare un'agente di recupero. Allettata probabilmente da quei bei soldoni se mai fosse stata in grado di consegn ...more
I wanted to like this book. I have been watching the growth of the chick lit genre with interest, especially in the sub-sub-genre of chick-lit legal thrillers and mysteries. I think there's cool stuff happening here.

Unfortunatley, I'm not a fan of this book, and I won't be continuing this series. I was looking for something easy and breezy, but not dumb. Stephanie Plum, the main character, made decisions that didn't make sense to me. I suppose the writer could have described the complex emotions
Well, it's a fast-read. I guess that's something. There are also a few minor laughs and a general feel good vibe to the story. But that's about it. I didn't much care for the writing and the plot itself just didn't grab me. An okay beach read but I won't be rushing out to grab the sequel.
This, fittingly, was my introduction to Evanovich. The woman has a way with characters! These people seemed so real, so human, so flawed, so vulnerable, and often so damn funny, I hated to close the book. Luckily, there are many more in the series for me to read.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Okay, it's official. This book did not work for me.

Let's start with a confession: I am a Jersey girl. That's right, born and bred. Jersey girl from birth to present with a brief Boston interlude for college.

So, because of that, I really thought I would click with this series. I love anything funny, I can relate to all things Jersey, and most of my GR friends are crazy about this book. A sure thing, right?? Alas, this book just didn't do it for me. I found it to be really dated, not particularl
The easy review here would be to just bash and toss around a bunch of mehs and ughs and dress it up with "stupid and trashy" and maybe a well placed "crappy pile of claptrap." Truth is, I didn't like it. But a lot of people do and I certainly read enough of what other people consider garbage to want to keep my glass house situated in a stone free environment.

I'll just say that this one wasn't for me. There were a few laughs and it moved quickly, but I never found anything to really connect with

Honesty time.

I'm among the 1%.

the 1%, monty burns
Whoa, folks. Not this 1% (although how awesome would that be? Owning attack hounds. Rocking a monocle. Wearing titanium shoes. Using fancy words like 'indubitably' and 'mustachioed'. I'd be the best billionaire evah.)

I'm talking about the other 1%. You know, the people who read One for the Money and didn't like it. People such as:

The Church Lady

Grumpy Old Man

These guys

(I guess this means I'm officially old and boring or whatever.)

But yeah, I totally do
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Stephanie Plum has just gotten laid off from her job as a lingerie buyer for a company that turned out to be owned by the mob in New Jersey. Her Miata has just been repossessed, she's sold everything of value, and her refrigerator is empty. Out of desperation, she goes to see her cousin Vinnie, a bail bondsman, about a filing job. That's just been filled, but the secretary lets her know that there's an opening for a bounty hunter, and the money's good. Stephanie blackmails her way into taking a ...more
I never expected much from a woman named after a fruit. Especially a plum.

And I didn't expect a lingerie buyer to do a spectacular job out of bounty hunting either.

Apparently, even the police and Vincent Plum, owner of 'Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company" didn't expect much either.

But when a girl has been laid off and desperate enough, there is nothing she wouldn't do, just to get $10,000, even though her life is at stake.

SO how does she get the $10,000? All she has to do is bring Joe Morelli in
Non proprio piene, ma non me la sento di dargli 3...

“Annuii. «Gli ho venduto dei bignè quando andavo al liceo».
Connie sbuffò. «Tesoro, metà delle donne del New Jersey gli ha venduto i bignè»."

Una volta perso il lavoro e raschiato il fondo del barile a Stephanie Plum rimangono poche opzioni. Non può certo tornare a casa da mammà, perché suddetta persona vuole solo sistemarla con tizi inquietanti che vendono elettrodomestici. Così Steph accetta, o meglio prega il cugino di assegnarle il posto, il
Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum? 258 1319 Oct 16, 2015 02:17AM
what do you think of book 16 36 Oct 08, 2015 10:22PM
How many books can an author do without the character becoming stale? 62 579 Sep 28, 2015 06:11PM
2015 Reading Chal...: One for the Money by Janet Evanovich 1 12 May 02, 2015 08:36AM
Morelli or Ranger 130 433 Apr 14, 2015 06:08PM
Book or Movie; Yo...: April Genre - Humor - One for the Money 1 2 Mar 31, 2015 09:49AM
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2)
  • M is for Malice (Kinsey Millhone, #13)
  • Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3)
  • Visions in Death (In Death, #19)
  • Killer Pancake (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #5)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #2)
  • Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #3)
  • The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog (Amelia Peabody, #7)
  • Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5)
  • Murder Gets A Life (Southern Sisters Mystery, #5)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
  • Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)

“I like the way you've let your hair go curly," he finally said. "Suits your personality. Lots of energy, not much control, sexy as hell,"
Joe Morelli to Stephanie Plum”
“I'm telling you, it's fu**ing hard to be classy” 254 likes