Start by marking “Art: A World History” as Want to Read:
Art: A World History

Art: A World History

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This handy, pocket-sized volume includes 900 illustrations and takes the reader on a whirlwind tour of the most spectacular works of art around the world and throughout time.
Published November 1st 2007 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Art

Ebookwormy
This book is perfect for our elementary studies in art. It is especially precious for classical educators because it presents the history of art in CHRONOLOGICAL order. It's fantastic to be able to flip through and talk about how the art flows with history and see 'where we are at'.

Do not let the grandiose title "A World History" fool you, this is a European treatment of art. There are sections of pre-history and antiquity, with single chapters on Islamic and Chinese Art, but you will not find...more
Deb
May 01, 2012 Deb rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Students, artists, Teachers
Shelves: art, non-fiction
This book is small, so it's hard to appreciate the full scope of the art images. It does provide a lot of pertinent information on artists, time periods, and the art itself. Wonderful art history guide.
Tim
an excellent pick-up when you have 10 minutes book you can read from cover to cover. i did. fascinating stuff, great pictures, a tiny collection of the world's greatest art, artists, and art movements, ordered chronologically and thematically. but touched just the right notes of smart, concise, and pretty.
Erez Davidi
Very easy and fun to read. Quite comprehensive and accompanied with decent pictures, although a bit on the small side. More suited to use as a reference book than an art history book. Highly recommended.
Lizzie
My birthday present last year. I love it and am taking my time through it. Will compare to Jansen's Short History of Art and Sister Wendy when I am done with them all.
Guido Wladimir
Nov 30, 2013 Guido Wladimir added it
Shelves: ggg
me parece interesante
Shaimaa
Shaimaa marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Maddi
Maddi added it
Sep 14, 2014
Karuss
Karuss marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Elle
Elle added it
Aug 14, 2014
AnaΣtaΣia
AnaΣtaΣia marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jul 15, 2014
Shennan
Shennan marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Pablo Picasso: Life and Work (Art in Hand) Leonardo da Vinci Women Artists (Icons) Francisco de Goya: Life and Work Storia dell'Arte