Start by marking “Adelina's Whales” as Want to Read:
Adelina's Whales

Adelina's Whales

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Adelina is a ten-year-old girl who lives in a quiet fishing village in Baja California, Mexico. Adelina has some very special friends-the gray whales-that come every year to spend the winter months and give birth to their calves in the protected lagoon near her home.
This beautifully photographed photo-essay introduces young readers to a very special way of life, offering
Published June 23rd 2003 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Adelina's Whales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adelina's Whales

Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: I am reading Richard Sobol's entire backlist with my son and discussing the life of a photographer/photojournalist as a career option while doing so.

Sobol offers us another book filled with gorgeous photography of gray whales, up close and personal, as here on La Laguna the whales allow people to come right up to them and pet them. We follow ten-year-old Adelina who lives in a grouping of box-like structures patched together with wood and metal on the beach. She adores her li
Mayra
Hope in my life time to visit this awsome place maybe i'll meet her well she's like 18 now :)
Michelle Chaparro
Michelle Chaparro marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Michelle Kelley
Michelle Kelley marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Hannah
Hannah added it
Apr 29, 2014
Riley Kaiser
Riley Kaiser is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2013
Laurie Fay
Laurie Fay marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Sara Opalach
Sara Opalach marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Chloe
Chloe added it
Mar 04, 2013
Esme
Esme marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
Quasar the Great
Quasar the Great marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 11, 2011
Fruitfulmomma
Fruitfulmomma marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2009
Richard Sobol, an author and award-winning photographer, is the creator of the Traveling Photographer series of children’s books. When not traveling, he is home in Massachusetts with his family.
"Though my fashion choices usually center around denim, I was intrigued by the process of silk-making. I was fascinated when I learned that some of the world’s most expensive clothing comes from a worm!" —
More about Richard Sobol...
The Story of Silk: From Worm Spit to Woven Scarves The Mysteries of Angkor Wat The Life of Rice: From Seedling to Supper An Elephant in the Backyard Breakfast in the Rainforest: A Visit with Mountain Gorillas