Start by marking “The Haunting At Red Feathers” as Want to Read:
The Haunting At Red Feathers

The Haunting At Red Feathers

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  11 reviews
There is nothing more frightening in the world of horror, than a story that is actually true. When Peter takes his new wife Stacy, up to the mountains for a weekend of fishing, hiking and hopefully some intense cuddling, their day starts off great, when they think they find the perfect spot. The seclusion of the little lake seems at first to be a plus, but they soon realiz ...more
Published (first published February 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Haunting At Red Feathers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunting At Red Feathers

The Wide Game by Michael  WestCinema of Shadows by Michael  WestSpook House by Michael  WestPoseidon’s Children by Michael  WestSkull Full of Kisses by Michael  West
Spooky Books No.2
65th out of 95 books — 7 voters
Beyond the Snows of the Andes by Beatrice BrusicSecret of the Sands by Rai ArenTiwaka Goes to Waikiki by Everett PeacockChildren of the Plantation by Faith MortimerThe Burned Tower by Marina Dyachenko
Good eBooks - Bubba Style
91st out of 100 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Becs
This is a collection of short stories and my review is just for the first one - The Haunting at Red Feathers.

Firstly, I must confess to being a wuss. Jurassic Park gave me nightmares for weeks. I can read any amounts of dark, non-consensual erotic fiction and really enjoy it but at just the hint of something paranormal and evil and, most importantly, REAL I am damn near peeing my pants.

This was seriously creepy and very atmospheric - there's something very NASTY in the woods and Peter and Stacy
Peter Meredith
Jul 06, 2012 Peter Meredith rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
True story of me being a great puss! Real life event that occurred while on a camping trip up in Red Feathers Lakes...I won't be going back!
Leah
I bought this after reading the reviews on amazon and first off, I have to agree with the others. CREEPY! When the time goes all wonky I am just glued to my computer. I literally was hooked.
The second story sounds like a truer story than the first. It is simply an eye witness account of a seven year old seeing a ghost with his brothers. There is one line that gave me goosebumps and made me smile at the same time, "Wait for me!" The kid is so terrified at being left behind with the ghost(which h
Celia
I love reading ghost stories and to find one that is local is a bonus. I really enjoyed these short stories.
Naomi
I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased this except I didn't look deep enough into this book. This is a series of short stories and I am not a fan of short stories. I consider them appetizers at dinner~enough to whet your whistle, but not enough to fill you up! Now, with that being said, Peter did a great job writing these stories(note the 3 stars~I have been known to give short stories 1 star). They were incredibly creepy..although a couple had me asking more questions than what I was ...more
Donna
I read this whole thing in one afternoon and had great fun with all three of the stories. The one with him and his brothers was cute but creepy. The one at the lakes was super creepy (much more so for Peter and his wife, no doubt!) I got some great visuals reading that one.
And the final, fictional story. You definitely won that bet - a story CAN be about anything, even if it's just a pen.
I'll be taking a look at more of Peter's work after this read :)
Isadora
I had to stop reading after the first story. I won' t dispute it being a true story, but the author's writing style was far too generic to make it scary, or really entertaining. The characters are constantly speaking and acting in a way that feels less like real life and mord like the average D-movie horror flick. The best I can say is meh.
Anela
It was a good book but a lityle strange...i did not like the character Jenn Kidd....i think she was just a mean person who probsbly deserved to be murdered by the "pen"....yes i said "pen" lol...thats where the story was strange to me but it was a good read...kinda fun... :))
Karl  Rundel
I received this from the author himself and I loved it. I have also been lucky enough to beta read the next short story that he plans to add and it was goood!
Shonda Jefferis
The 3rd story, "Pen", reminded me of a good, old-fashioned campfire tale!
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Linda Diaz
Linda Diaz marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Mesorain
Mesorain marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Wende Masciantoni
Wende Masciantoni marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Gill
Gill marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Kelly Crowe
Kelly Crowe marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Sophie
Sophie added it
Aug 30, 2014
Maren Scheel-nock
Maren Scheel-nock marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Peter Meredith is the multi-genre author of The Trilogy of Void, The Hidden Lands series, The Sacrificial Daughter, A Perfect America and Sprite.
Having tried his hand in real estate, as an emergency room nurse, and a CEO of a national lighting company, he has come to find that his true addiction is as an author.
More about Peter Meredith...
The Apocalypse (The Undead World) The Apocalypse Survivors (The Undead World Novel 2) The Apocalypse Outcasts: The Undead World Novel 3 The Apocalypse Fugitives: The Undead World Novel 4 (The Undead World Series) The Horror Of The Shade (Trilogy of the Void #1)