Start by marking “Il bacio del vampiro” as Want to Read:
Il bacio del vampiro

Il bacio del vampiro (Blood Ties #1)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,548 Ratings  ·  476 Reviews
Quando la sua vita, di punto in bianco, si trasforma in un incubo, Carrie rischia di scivolare nella follia. Aggredita da un vampiro mentre è al lavoro, si ritrova a dover fare i conti con una realtà che non capisce, con pulsioni che la disgustano e che tuttavia non riesce a dominare. Poi il caso mette sulla sua strada Nathan, affascinante, sexy e vampiro. Che la guida all ...more
Kindle Edition, Harlequin, 380 pages
Published January 28th 2011 by Mondadori (first published May 31st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Il bacio del vampiro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il bacio del vampiro

Kathryn
Dec 08, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
First off, this is not a paranormal romance, contrary to what the cover wants you to think. This is a dark urban fantasy with many violent scenes. There is a great deal of pain, blood, and assault.

I loved the first chapter, thought it was perfect and original. I liked the main character, the secondary characters, and set up. Then the blood tie kicked in and was used for all sorts of ridiculous behavior and dialogue. I stopped liking the main character when her actions stopped making sense.

I und
Ugh, that's it. I yield. Carrie's whinging, selfish splooge is like driving an icepick through my temple.

This book was a fail on so many levels. While there are elements of horror, the true focus is the first-person idiocy of Carrie as she rebels against her dead parents by justifying her lust for some obnoxious, sleazeball vampire with floor-length hair & brocade bathrobes. His name is Cyrus (yes, really) & he has an unabashed fondness for the rape-and-murder of teenagers. But he only
Buggy
Opening Line: “I read a poll in the newspaper once that said the number one fear of Americans aged eighteen to sixty-five is public speaking. Spiders are second and death is a distant third.”

Wow, this was a fun. Not quite what I was expecting but as it turned out a great ride. For some reason I went into this thinking paranormal romance which is so not the case here. I would categorize Armintrout’s world as urban fantasy/horror. Its dark, violent, blood spattered and often gory and that would in
Terra
Mar 26, 2008 Terra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood Ties book one: The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout is such a breath of fresh air. Not the typical vampire romance that I'm used to reading and one I'm glad I didn't pass by.

Dr. Carrie Ames is a doctor that shouldn't be. Squeemish, insecure with low self esteem, she is the perfect candidate for this good vs. evil vampire must read. Easily controlled even though she really doesn't want to be, curious as a cat with nine lives you can see why she is the most ripe cherry for this battle.

Nathan i
Willow
Mar 16, 2015 Willow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
I haven’t read a vampire book this entertaining and exciting for a long time. These vampires are mean and they are killers. And now Carrie has found herself turned into one. She not too thrilled about it either. This has ruined her life. To her great misfortune, she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets attacked and left for dead. This starts her new life as the undead.

While I usually love the gothic undertones of most vampire novels, this one has very few. I think Ar
Megan
I didn't have high hopes for The Turning. No offense to Jennifer Armintrout intended, but there is just so much crap flooding UF/PR shelves these days. However, I ended up being pleasantly surprised by this book.

It starts when Dr. Carrie Ames is attacked by a master vamp and unintentionally left behind to become a vampire herself. I had to love Carrie’s initial reservation to drinking blood. As a nurse and a germophobe, I can appreciate her revulsion to the whole thing based on the extreme icki
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
Book Choice - Halloween 2015

Avoid Sunlight - Drink Blood - Hate Yourself - Welcome To Immortality
Gloria Mundi
Ugh. Cutting my losses on this one. I read to about half way and flicked through the rest but it doesn't seem to get any better. None of it makes sense. The heroine is a hospital doctor who gets turned into a vampire and one of the first things she gets told to do and does in pretty short order is quit her job. Because people will start noticing that she doesn't age. Ummmm, yeah, but probably not for at least another 10 years or so. She's only 28, FFS. And wouldn't it make sense for her to stay ...more
Sofia Teixeira
Jul 30, 2010 Sofia Teixeira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Real Rating: 4.5

Este primeiro livro da série Laços de Sangue foi uma boa surpresa. Confesso que andei a evitá-lo durante uns bons dias, pois pensava cá para mim: "Ora boa, mais um livrinho de vampiros...". E apesar de já ter lido bastantes este ano, este mostrou-se diferente. Conceitos diferentes, atitudes diferentes, o que contribuiu para que fosse ganhando entusiasmo ao longo da leitura. Tanto, que acabei por lê-lo em dia e meio.

Carrie, personagem principal e narradora, é uma médica que a cert
Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
I don't have any objections to the plot, it was decent, but the characters . . .

Carrie got on my last friggin' nerve: (view spoiler)

The truth should have come out. The truth needed to come out, but it also needed
Fábio Ventura
Sep 20, 2010 Fábio Ventura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Desde o sucesso da saga Twilight de Stephenie Meyer que a Gailivro tem vindo a apostar cada vez mais nos vampiros. “A Iniciação”, o primeiro volume da trilogia Laços de Sangue, da autoria da americana Jennifer Armintrout, é a sua mais recente aposta.
Carrie Ames é uma médica que recentemente se mudou para o Michigan para trabalhar no Serviço de Urgência de um hospital. Certa noite, é atacada na morgue por um vampiro, supostamente um doente falecido há minutos atrás. Enquanto se debate com a inco
Christine_v
The reason I first picked this book was because it's about vampires and the heroine wasn't a 16 year old waiting for the prince charming. As she says she was 28 years old but she looked barely 21 (whatever!).

So a vampire story with lots of blood, gore and a fascination with eyes. I mean the things this author did with eyes!She took them out, borrowed them, changed them, staked them and all that in detail! Jennifer, what do you have against eyes?!?

Now our heroine, Carrie, is a doctor with daddy-
HJ
Jun 07, 2014 HJ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
6/7/2014
So.

I read this book awhile back. I thought it was 'okay' (as you can see by how I rated this back in 2009). Am now going to go back to do a reread based on author's commendable behavior with regard to despicable trolling/bully sites.

This, on the heels of a certain 'world famous' *rolls eyes here* authoress who's decided that readers/reviewers who post less than sycophantic comments/posts, and less than adoring reviews are 'gangste
Gypsie Holley
Aug 23, 2015 Gypsie Holley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-finsh-series
This is completely different from what I am used to reading. I wasn't sure the first few chapters if I wanted to continue but it sucked me in. Deliciously disturbing so I must be sick in the head. A truly dark look into the not so good side of being a vampire. Violence, gore, blood and torture and teen rape. This is not a "romance" like bonding or mating that is generally read. I appreciate the change and it is very well written.

Best quote from book:

"Every moment I spent with him faded my anger
Kelly
Dec 29, 2007 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is no sweet, humorous vampire romance. Violence abounds from the first pages to the end. The story is unique for the approach to vampires, the changes in their bodies, and the link between sire and fledglings. And the idea that vampires would work to eradicate the "bad" vampires is not new, but that the Movement would strive to destroy all of the vampires was a shock.
Carrie's new nature is hard to resist and with the additional pull of her sire it is almost impossible to control herself. On
Betlehem Fekade
So it's been a while since I have actually reviewed anything and to ease my way back into this I decided to dive into my favourite genre.

This book had a promising beginning. I liked the way vampires were re-imagined to be more monstrous, very Buffy-esk which I really liked. I loved the writing style too, it's very quick and witty. Heck I even actually really liked Ziggy as a character but my problem begins the moment Carrie meets Cyrus. It's like all the charm and smart drains out of her and she
Apatricia
Mar 30, 2016 Apatricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este livro foi tudo!
Acabei-o num ápice e não sei muito bem como digerir toda esta informação, tudo o que consigo pensar é deitar as mãos no próximo.
Quando peguei nele as minhas expectativas eram incrivelmente baixas (como o preço dele, a sério foi uma pechincha), mas não, foi o tipo de livro que não conseguimos largar e ficamos sempre à espera de mais!
Este livro consegue-nos fazer pensar nas personagens quando não o estamos a ler, era tudo o que precisava neste momento, quem é fã de fantasia,
Christiana
Mar 13, 2016 Christiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Opinião aqui: http://www.diariodachris.com/2014/08/...

Não sou pessoa de muita fantasia. Vampiros também não são a minha leitura habitual. Mas a sinopse deste livro captou a minha atenção e devo confessar que foi uma agradável surpresa.

Carrie Ames é médica há apenas oito meses, quando uma noite é atacada por um vampiro na morgue do hospital e acaba ela também por se tornar um vampiro. O que ela não sabe é que ao se transformar em vampiro ela acaba por criar um laço de sangue com quem a criou, o
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
The Turning' is the first book in the 'Blood Ties' series by Jennifer Armintrout. It's a solid start to a series if a little uneven. It also doesn't really sit within the urban fantasy genre or the paranormal romance genre but somewhere in between in my opinion. Although there are a few gruesome scenes that may be too explicit for PNR fans, especially if they are just after a romance and nothing else.

Carrie Ames is a doctor working in a hospital when a John Doe is pushed through the hospital doo
Red Lace
Sep 21, 2014 Red Lace rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban fantasy fans
Dr Carrie Ames’ life changes dramatically when she is attacked in the hospital morgue. Thankfully found and saved in time, she undergoes her long and life threatening recovery. Her body then experiences some strange changes, such as a big increase in appetite and sensitivity to sunlight; things that can be explained medically, but Carrie knows the truth. She is a vampire and she needs help. She meets Ziggy and the ‘sex walking’ good vampire, Nathan, who educates Carrie on her new life. But soon ...more
Ne
Jun 08, 2012 Ne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Desde que a capa me cativou, e o mesmo não posso afirmar quanto à sinopse, que queria ler o livro. Tanto que o comprei a ele e aos dois seguintes. Finalmente consegui pegar nele!
Ora bem, no geral achei o livro bastante cómico e cheio de acção. Do inicio ao fim, acontece quase tudo à protagonista, desde tentar sobreviver e afirmar-se no meio de internos sedentos de atenção, a ser desmoralizada pelo chefe, atacada por um vampiro, morrer no bloco operatório, sobreviver, encontrar outro vampiro, enc
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Just in case you, like me, got this book confused with paranormal romance: it's not romance. That should hopefully dispel any expectations on that score which will only be disappointed.

Carrie is a doctor who has a bit of a breakdown when she sees the horrific injuries of a patient brought in one night. Trying to overcome her fear, she goes to the morgue to view the corpse only to have it attack her.

After spending some time in hospital herself, recovering, she struggles to return to her job. The
Chloe Friend
So fucked up... And not necessarily in a good way... I wouldn't say I hated it but the heroine annoyed me... A lot!!! (view spoiler) Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think I may hate the heroine! Not love hate... Just a seriously strong dislike hate!
Lydia
Jan 22, 2009 Lydia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like it pretty well so far, but one of the sexy vampires just walked in wearing leather pants and a billowy white shirt.
Really?!
I'm still laughing at that one.
So I'm finished. It was like this: poorly developed characters? rambling, stupid plot? Hot, emotionally-retarded, Throbbing vampire love? Done. Sign Me UP!
It only took me a couple of hours to read, so I'll read the others because I'm a glutton for punishment, but it really was kind of like reading a book by the offspring of Bram Stoke
Barbara
Jan 14, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The Turning" has everything a great book should have; action, undeniable chemistry between characters, anticipation and vibrant with just enough description of what (or who)their doing =) It really mirrored Karen Marie Monings "Fever" series a whole lot for me. From everything from the book shop to the witchcraft and the mystery of the male characters. I do know that most novels favor each other, but I personally can't wait to see who's "take" on this story turns out a better read in the end.
Victoria (nocturnalintimacy)
I actively disliked this one. I thought the main character had such potential and instead became revolting.

Carrie is a doctor, so I accept that she wasn't squeamish when Cyrus' dinner is a dead body, and then he plucks the corpse's eyeball and drops it into his drinking glass. But since Carrie is a doctor and sworn to help people, I DON'T forgive her for seeing a girl being attacked and closing the shades on her window so she wouldn't have to hear it. I don't forgive her for letting Cyrus have Z
Misa
I wasn't even able to finish this book. It's awfull, awfull, awfull. The crappy translation to Portuguese didn't help aswel.

I do not recommend it.
Melissa
May 18, 2016 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The things that go bump in the night are often the things that fascinate us the most. There is a sort of unknown taboo feeling about them that seem to draw us in. No matter how dangerous these things can be, we humans find them darkly fascinating.

Dr. Carrie Ames is a new resident at her local ER. When a John Doe comes through the doors and subsequently dies from his injuries, it sets Carrie on a path that changes her life forever. Because she ran from the ER originally, Carrie looks to confront
Alexandra Rolo
Oct 15, 2015 Alexandra Rolo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este foi um dos que veio parar cá a casa durante a Feira do Livro deste ano.

Já o tinha andado a namorar e finalmente decidi trazê-lo. A sua leitura foi rápida (bastou-me duas viagens :p) e nada aborrecida.

Já há algum tempo que não lia um livro de vampiros que me agradasse e foi também a minha estreia com esta autora.

Neste primeiro livro de uma série de quatro, temos uma médica que após ser atacada na morgue por um paciente, que tinha perdido (supostamente), começa a mudar. Sem acreditar completa
Dec 06, 2014 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Full Review - http://yabookaholic123.blogspot.ie/20...

I DNF'ED THIS BOOK AT 54% - PAGE 214

This is only the second book that I did not finish this whole year. The second book, which says something really. I usually try to finish a book as best as I can but, sometimes I just can't deal.

The blurb of The Turning suggested to me a book with a courageous heroine, who wasn't a coward and fought for what she wanted and what was right ok. It also suggests that this vampire book was going to be dark with
Is This a Romance?! 3 52 Oct 02, 2011 06:10PM
  • Touch of Evil (Thrall, #1)
  • Rises The Night (The Gardella Vampire Hunters, #2)
  • Crimson Kiss (Crimson, #1)
  • Night's Cold Kiss (Dark Brethren, #1)
  • Shadow of the Vampire
  • Eternal Seduction (A Darkness Within, #1)
  • The Becoming (Anna Strong Chronicles, #1)
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • Ravenous (The Dark Forgotten, #1)
  • Night Rising (Vampire Babylon, #1)
  • The Vampire Shrink  (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #1)
  • Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles, #1)
  • Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)
  • Blood Law (Alexandra Sabian, #1)
  • A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, #1)
  • Be Mine Forever (Forever Vampires #3)
  • Beyond the Pale (Darkwing Chronicles, #1)
  • Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian #2)
Jennifer Armintrout is a pseudonym for Jenny Trout.
More about Jennifer Armintrout...

Blood Ties (4 books)
  • Possession (Blood Ties, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Blood Ties, #3)
  • All Souls' Night (Blood Ties, #4)

“If you're afraid of something, face it. Fear is irrational. The only way to conquer your fear is to stand next to it.” 25 likes
“Near mint my ass! Bluebird45 is getting some seriously bad feedback."
"You bought this on eBay?" I flipped to a random page and started reading. "Man, you really can get anything on there.”
6 likes