Start by marking “Tattooed Girl” as Want to Read:
Tattooed Girl

Tattooed Girl

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  13 reviews

The fascinating stories behind what have been rightly called the “hottest books on the planet”: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest

Through insightful commentary and revealing interviews, you will enter the unique world of Lisbeth Salander, Mikael Blomkvist---and of Stieg Larsson himself---discovering

Published May 10th 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tattooed Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tattooed Girl

Tony
THE TATTOOED GIRL: The Enigma of Stieg Larsson and the Secrets Behind the Most Compelling Thrillers of our Time. (2011). Dan Burstein, Arne De Keijzer, and John-Henri Holmberg. ****.
Well, the title says it all. For those of you who, like me, were riveted to Larsson’s three novels featuring a tattooed girl, this collection of articles will let you know more about Larsson himself, his books, his characters, his settings, and his politics. I didn’t know that this was an anthology when I grabbed it
ceeeeg
this was such a good book...and not the sort of thing i would usually pick up...i only did because i found it on the shelf in the dollar store for a buck and it was about the The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, which i reallyreally loved...

this book gave that series so much additional depth for me, provided a new backdrop, extra context and texture to the books...

it presents as a collection of essays and interviews with people that have some contextual connection to either Larsson or his wor
Vicky
For hard core Stieg Larsson fans, this is must; for anyone who enjoyed the Millennium Books, this anthology provides lots of interesting insights into the writing, editing, translating and publishing rights of the books as well as quite a bit of biographical material on Larsson and his early interests in science fiction and crime writing. John-Henri Holmberg, one of the coauthors , recently published, A Darker Shade of Sweden, an intriguing history and analysis of Swedish crime fiction, and knew ...more
Kat
Jul 20, 2011 Kat added it
While some of the anthology was slow-moving, I enjoyed reading about Stieg and the series. Definitely recommend to anyone interested in the Millennium series!
Avi
If you cut out all the filler material, this book would be interesting, informative and about half its size.
Kent
Oct 10, 2012 Kent rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No-one
This was an extremely boring book.
Richard
I just saw the Swedish DVD movie version of the book and was reminded why I didn't like the books so much. They are too slow and take too long to get there. It isn't that we are watching character development; we are not. It is just slow. The only time I think this works is when we are seeing the obviously dangerous brother who enjoys killing people. He is menacing, and the only person who builds tension in the film. All the other characters hear they could possibly be killed, but other than som ...more
Lesley
I picked up this book on a whim and at first struggled to get into it as it talks about Larsson the person and his unusual life as well as his inspiration for the books.

I enjoyed reading about the Swedish laws and court cases that inspired him and talking about Nordic Noir has made me make out a list of books that I want to explore at a later time.

I am disappointed that according to articles in this book that the Hollywood films are not going to stay as true to the books as the Swedish films did
Ellen Keim
This book was interesting but there were a lot of parts that were repetitive. It's worth reading if you're interested in the books and the author, but it doesn't quite live up to the hype. It's pretty much a hodge podge of articles about everything from Stieg Larsson's background to other Nordic noir authors. Some of the articles are more interesting than others and you kind of have to slog through it all to get to the good parts.
E
I don't often read abut authors, but Larsson seems to be as controversial as his main characters. The most interesting (and disappointing) part was learning about the clumsy translation from Swedish to English and how it affected everything from the size of Lizbeth's tattoos to those long stretches when even I considered the text boring (it probably isn't so much in the original Swedish). All around, very interesting.
Sam
Zajímavý dokument o sérii Milénium od Stiega Larssona. Dozvíme se tam všemožně zajímavé informace a detaily o této veleúspěšné sérii. Také nám tato kniha přibližuje autora, jeho život a inspiraci k těmto románům a jejich postavám. Rozhodně zajímavé čtení pro ty, kteří se chtějí dozvědět něco víc o celé této sérii.
Ratforce
Since you are interested in some nonfiction, here is a book about author Stieg Larsson (author of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ). You might enjoy reading the details behind this mysterious author.
John
....interesting read on the varied "behind the scene(s)of Mr. Larsson's complex life.....
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
May 04, 2015
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sarah Catherine
Sarah Catherine marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Gabby winegardner
Gabby winegardner marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Diane Railton
Diane Railton marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
  • Star Wars:  The Essential Guide to Droids
  • The Star Trek Chronology: A History of the Future
  • The Twitter Book
  • Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia
  • Confessions of a Part-time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the D&D Game (Dungeons & Dragons)
  • Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Characters
  • Fail Nation: A Visual Romp Through the World of Epic Fails
  • Camus, a Romance
  • AmalgaNations
  • Star Wars:  The Essential Chronology
  • The Book of Three, Volume 2 (Charmed)
Secrets of the Code Secrets of Mary Magdalene: The Untold Story of History's Most Misunderstood Woman Secrets of the Lost Symbol: The Unauthorized Guide to the Mysteries Behind The Da Vinci Code Sequel Secrets of Angels & Demons Secrets of Inferno: In the Footsteps of Dante and Dan Brown