Start by marking “Lo sguardo della tigre” as Want to Read:
Lo sguardo della tigre

Lo sguardo della tigre

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  804 ratings  ·  31 reviews
In viaggio verso Londra, lady Isabella St. Just, contessa di Blakely, viene proditoriamente rapita. Rinchiusa in una baracca nella brughiera, Isabella non tarda a rendersi conto che i malviventi, una volta ottenuto il riscatto, non hanno affatto intenzione di liberarla. Il suo tentativo di fuga la porta però fra le braccia di un personaggio ancora più pericoloso: Alec Tyro ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Mondadori, I Romanzi (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Lo sguardo della tigre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lo sguardo della tigre

Ana T.
What a deliciously fun romp! I had no idea what to expect when I started this book, in fact I have no idea still why I added it to my TBR pile since it was so long ago that I did.

The story opens with Lady Isabella being kidnapped and later victim of a murder attempt at the orders of her husband.

Isabella is a sort of innocent and naïve heroine, one of those girls who are usually very annoying but that here I think worked rather well. She and Alex are soon attracted to each other, besides her bei
precioso, me ha encantado!!!
You know the drill, "upper-class woman falls for the wrong man." Except, in this case her husband is trying to kill her. Awesome! Of course he teaches her what true love (in all of its glorious physicality) really is.

She could refuse him, and he would stop. He had said he did not force unwilling women, and she believed him.
But she was not unwilling. And he was not Bernard.
(dun-dun DUNNNNNN)
Ingrid Spera
Cute. I love that he was the ruffian "bad" guy (and mostly believable!!) and she was the good one.
I don't like books where the heroine has to choose between her abusive husband and her lover but the final scene between the H/h almost made it worthwhile for me.
I read Karen Robard's "Irresistible" a while ago and barely managed to read it through. However, I dared to give her second opportunity based on suggestion from a friend by reading another book of hers - "Tiger's Eye". Well, it was better, but I don't think I read any other book of hers.

After the first pages I stared to the book with disbelief - lady, wed by her father to a cold man, is getting kidnapped because her husband wants her dead? AGAIN? What is it with Robards and this storyline?

To my
I enjoyed this book very much...what a fun read! The heroine, Isabela,is about weak and timid for my personal taste but it seemed to fit the book so it was fine and it matched the hero, Tiger,just fine. I thought this book had about the right mix of romance and plot...I don't care for it when the romance part of the book overwhelms and takes over. The plot and characters kept my interest and I even had a few good laughs. Great job Koren!
It's a nice romantic tale but some things looked kinda forced like the ruthless hero who so easily and quickly (instead of gradually) fell in love with the heroine and how easily the heroine committed adultery despite being prude and all. And the ending felt rushed too.
Anna Mcfadden
Lady Isabela is kidnapped and at the time she tries to escape she runs to into Alec Tyrone (The Tiger) king of the underworld and he rescues. they discover someone hire the guys to kidnapped her then when ransom was paid to killed her only she escape first. Isabel la knows only Alec is save her from her husband. Their love should not be with her being a Lady on the ton and him a lowlife criminal but their love proves the world wrong.
Diane Madison
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. I would highly recommend it. Wonderful characters and a great plot. No one can write like Karen Robards.
Kimberly Sturtevant
Made my heart warm

I loved this book! The chemistry between the two leads kept me from putting down this book! There was also suspense that was unexpected.
Cristina Contilli
"Isabella non riusciva a togliersi dalla mente l'idea che qualcosa fosse accaduto tra lei e Alec, qualcosa che andava al di là di ogni sua esperienza precedente. Qualcosa di ardente e segreto che aveva fatto irradiare il calore provato alle guance...
a tutto il corpo, fino alla punta dei piedi."

"Sì, maledizione! Ti sposerò domani se sarà possibile e il giorno dopo se la cosa non si dovesse concretizzare! E che il resto del mondo si impicchi!"

Una giusta conclusione vista l'enorme differenza soci
One of Karen Robards older books. Slow at first but it picked up a little and was pretty good.
Macarena Albendiz
Más de 400 páginas sin acción apenas y sin conocer a los protagonistas a fondo. Decepción tremenda, la autora se afana en describir situaciones una y otra vez, y en cambio no se para en otros aspectos como conocer por dentro a los personajes. Los capítulos son demasiados cortos (algunos apenas de 3 páginas) y eso hace que la lectura sea lenta porque no te enganchas nada y quieres dejar la toalla cada vez que pasas de página. Resumiendo: no me gusta Karen Robards en este género de romántica histó ...more
Darlene A. Ford
A nice romance. Karen Robards does it again.
Once again, Karen Robards does not disappoint. So good!
Kidnapped for ransom, Lady Isabella St. Just initially cooperates with her captors - until she realizes they mean to kill her. Then she escapes them and runs right into the arms of the Tiger, lord of the London underworld. It seems they both have something in common - someone in their lives wants to kill them. A pretty good read, but not a keeper.
Lady Claire, Marchioness of Fancy Pants
I would really give this book 2.5 stars. I liked it okay. The story was different, but I didn't necessarily like either of the characters. The story could have been a lot cooler with the hero being the "lord of London's underworld." But once again, I was sadly disappointed. There was no coolness. I did finish the book, which has to mean it was okay.
A rather improbable but nonetheless very fun tale of two totally mismatched people falling in love. Nice characters, a very entertaining read.
Unfortunately my copy was edited throughout by pencil so that was a bit irritating at times.
A good start but fails to stay realistic. Lady Isabella is believable at first but then becomes more fickle female and adulteress as the story progresses. Alec as King of London's outlaws stays more true to his character.
Jan 15, 2011 Liz marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Really cliche. I've read almost the exact same plot, but done better by a different author. I almost didn't finish it. It gets two starts because I did finish it.
Apr 12, 2013 Gina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at!
Jul 25, 2014 Manupriya rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: None
Recommended to Manupriya by: Our stupid College
Shannon C Miles
This was one of the first romance novels I read- I still love it.
A nice light fluffy read. Enjoy the "magical" aspects.
Good read, but not my favorite from this author.
  • The Spanish Rose
  • No Choice But Surrender
  • No Gentle Love
  • Dream Fever
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Lie Down In Roses
  • First Love Wild Love
  • The Copeland Bride
  • Keeper of the Dream
Karen was born on 24 August 1954 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. She has been writing since she was a teenager. She sold her first short story, when was very young, and was published in the December 1973 Reader's Digest, but she cannot sold her first romance novel until 1981, when she was 24. After it, she dropped out of law school to pursue her writing career. Today, a regular on the New York Times ...more
More about Karen Robards...

“whoreson husband of yours and, to her credit, to your father, thinking that” 0 likes