Start by marking “Lo sguardo della tigre” as Want to Read:
Lo sguardo della tigre

Lo sguardo della tigre

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  885 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
In viaggio verso Londra, lady Isabella St. Just, contessa di Blakely, viene proditoriamente rapita. Rinchiusa in una baracca nella brughiera, Isabella non tarda a rendersi conto che i malviventi, una volta ottenuto il riscatto, non hanno affatto intenzione di liberarla. Il suo tentativo di fuga la porta però fra le braccia di un personaggio ancora più pericoloso: Alec Tyro ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Mondadori, I Romanzi (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Lo sguardo della tigre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lo sguardo della tigre

Aug 09, 2010 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ana T.
Apr 08, 2009 Ana T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a deliciously fun romp! I had no idea what to expect when I started this book, in fact I have no idea still why I added it to my TBR pile since it was so long ago that I did.

The story opens with Lady Isabella being kidnapped and later victim of a murder attempt at the orders of her husband.

Isabella is a sort of innocent and naïve heroine, one of those girls who are usually very annoying but that here I think worked rather well. She and Alex are soon attracted to each other, besides her bei
Yolanda
Jul 25, 2015 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
precioso, me ha encantado!!!
Karina Garcia
Jan 22, 2016 Karina Garcia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La historia es preciosa, sus protagonistas distintos y decididos. En algún momento del libro me ha parecido que sobraban algunos detalles, pero luego al finalizar con su lectura la sensación que me ha dejado es de gusto, una lectura muy entretenida, un buen relato, bastante suspenso y una historia de amor que te hace suspirar la mayor parte del libro.
liz
You know the drill, "upper-class woman falls for the wrong man." Except, in this case her husband is trying to kill her. Awesome! Of course he teaches her what true love (in all of its glorious physicality) really is.

She could refuse him, and he would stop. He had said he did not force unwilling women, and she believed him.
But she was not unwilling. And he was not Bernard.
(dun-dun DUNNNNNN)
Manuela
Feb 17, 2011 Manuela rated it it was ok
Shelves: venduto, storico
Ingrid Spera
Cute. I love that he was the ruffian "bad" guy (and mostly believable!!) and she was the good one.
Natward1yahoo.com
Did not finish about halfway through. This book is written okay and it's an alright story. The plot and characters aren't overly cliche which i always appreciate. It did start to drag a bit though. But then there was a great scene in which the lead female Isabella and the lead male Alec finally start a getting to know you conversation that turns into him teaching her a card game and they both let loose and start flirting and laughing and I thought oh good finally the book is taking a good turnin ...more
~Sara~
I don't like books where the heroine has to choose between her abusive husband and her lover but the final scene between the H/h almost made it worthwhile for me.
Megan Keehan
Jun 10, 2011 Megan Keehan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of favorites....
Madara
Sep 30, 2012 Madara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Karen Robard's "Irresistible" a while ago and barely managed to read it through. However, I dared to give her second opportunity based on suggestion from a friend by reading another book of hers - "Tiger's Eye". Well, it was better, but I don't think I read any other book of hers.

After the first pages I stared to the book with disbelief - lady, wed by her father to a cold man, is getting kidnapped because her husband wants her dead? AGAIN? What is it with Robards and this storyline?

To my
BRNTerri
Merrin
Jan 18, 2016 Merrin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uhhhhh no thanks. I'm kinda tired of the trope where the lady protests and the man persists because she obviously WANTS to be kissed. Over it.

The female protagonist has no agency, the only other significant female characters are heinously jealous of her for various reasons and completely f her over in various circumstances, and the love declarations come out of literally nowhere. If I hadn't been trapped on a plane I would never have bothered finishing this book.
Amy
Nov 13, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much...what a fun read! The heroine, Isabela,is about weak and timid for my personal taste but it seemed to fit the book so it was fine and it matched the hero, Tiger,just fine. I thought this book had about the right mix of romance and plot...I don't care for it when the romance part of the book overwhelms and takes over. The plot and characters kept my interest and I even had a few good laughs. Great job Koren!
Liz Stevens
Feb 07, 2016 Liz Stevens rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Good story. Disappointing ending. Just a self-sacrificing load of tripe wrapped up as a happy ending. OK, the heroine has moments you want to smack her, but they are surprisingly few, until that ending, when you want to go WWE and whack her with a folding chair. I might be on a rant, but the ending requires a rant from anyone with ovaries!!
Susan
Dec 06, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite romance as a kid. I read it so many times to my dying day I'll probably still remember the plot. I'd never read it again because the reality could never live up to a 12 or 13 year old's memory of it and I'd probably find it silly and poorly written, but still.... Alec and Isabella, I loved you once!
navila
Aug 15, 2015 navila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a nice romantic tale but some things looked kinda forced like the ruthless hero who so easily and quickly (instead of gradually) fell in love with the heroine and how easily the heroine committed adultery despite being prude and all. And the ending felt rushed too.
Anna Mcfadden
Sep 27, 2014 Anna Mcfadden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lady Isabela is kidnapped and at the time she tries to escape she runs to into Alec Tyrone (The Tiger) king of the underworld and he rescues. they discover someone hire the guys to kidnapped her then when ransom was paid to killed her only she escape first. Isabel la knows only Alec is save her from her husband. Their love should not be with her being a Lady on the ton and him a lowlife criminal but their love proves the world wrong.
Diane Madison
Aug 24, 2015 Diane Madison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. I would highly recommend it. Wonderful characters and a great plot. No one can write like Karen Robards.
Kimberly Sturtevant
Made my heart warm

I loved this book! The chemistry between the two leads kept me from putting down this book! There was also suspense that was unexpected.
Cristina Contilli
"Isabella non riusciva a togliersi dalla mente l'idea che qualcosa fosse accaduto tra lei e Alec, qualcosa che andava al di là di ogni sua esperienza precedente. Qualcosa di ardente e segreto che aveva fatto irradiare il calore provato alle guance...
a tutto il corpo, fino alla punta dei piedi."

"Sì, maledizione! Ti sposerò domani se sarà possibile e il giorno dopo se la cosa non si dovesse concretizzare! E che il resto del mondo si impicchi!"

Una giusta conclusione vista l'enorme differenza soci
Wyldrabbit
Feb 06, 2016 Wyldrabbit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. The characters were interesting. It was easily read in one day.
Felicia
One of Karen Robards older books. Slow at first but it picked up a little and was pretty good.
Kazia Gemmill
Well that was a fun romp. It's been a while since I've indulged in a true 80s bodice ripper.
Macarena Albendiz
Más de 400 páginas sin acción apenas y sin conocer a los protagonistas a fondo. Decepción tremenda, la autora se afana en describir situaciones una y otra vez, y en cambio no se para en otros aspectos como conocer por dentro a los personajes. Los capítulos son demasiados cortos (algunos apenas de 3 páginas) y eso hace que la lectura sea lenta porque no te enganchas nada y quieres dejar la toalla cada vez que pasas de página. Resumiendo: no me gusta Karen Robards en este género de romántica histó ...more
Darlene A. Ford
Sep 01, 2015 Darlene A. Ford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice romance. Karen Robards does it again.
Nancy
Jun 24, 2015 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading
Once again, Karen Robards does not disappoint. So good!
Elle
Aug 25, 2010 Elle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kidnapped for ransom, Lady Isabella St. Just initially cooperates with her captors - until she realizes they mean to kill her. Then she escapes them and runs right into the arms of the Tiger, lord of the London underworld. It seems they both have something in common - someone in their lives wants to kill them. A pretty good read, but not a keeper.
Lady Claire, Marchioness of Fancy Pants
I would really give this book 2.5 stars. I liked it okay. The story was different, but I didn't necessarily like either of the characters. The story could have been a lot cooler with the hero being the "lord of London's underworld." But once again, I was sadly disappointed. There was no coolness. I did finish the book, which has to mean it was okay.
penelopewanders
A rather improbable but nonetheless very fun tale of two totally mismatched people falling in love. Nice characters, a very entertaining read.
Unfortunately my copy was edited throughout by pencil so that was a bit irritating at times.
  • The Spanish Rose
  • No Gentle Love
  • No Choice But Surrender
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
  • Dream Fever
  • Tempted
  • Desert Hostage
  • A Rose at Midnight
  • Royal Seduction (Royal, #1)
  • The Copeland Bride
  • Lily
  • First Love Wild Love
  • Bonds of Love
  • Lie Down In Roses
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • The Rainbow Season (Turner's Rainbows Saga, #1)
  • Dreaming
Karen was born in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. She has been writing since she was very young, and was first published nationally in the December 1973 Reader's Digest. She sold her first romance novel, ISLAND FLAME, when she was 24. It was published by Leisure Books in 1981 and is still in print. After that, she dropped out of law school to pursue her writing career. Today she is a regular on the New ...more
More about Karen Robards...

“whoreson husband of yours and, to her credit, to your father, thinking that” 0 likes