Start by marking “Fight Back and Win” as Want to Read:
Fight Back and Win

Fight Back and Win

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Voted by her peers as one of the best lawyers in America, and described by Time magazine as "one of the nation's most effective advocates of family rights and feminist causes," Allred has devoted her career to fighting for civil rights and has won hundreds of millions of dollars for victims of abuse. She has taken on countless institutions to promote equality, including th ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published February 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fight Back and Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight Back and Win

J.
3.75 Stars

Gloria Allred is a polarizing figure, to say the least. I personally like her, even if I don't always agree with her methods. Such was the case with this book. I picked it up and read it with the intention of knowing more about her legal battles, but what I got was a bunch of self-aggrandizing passages with some everyday legal know-how. Often she talks about her cases as the opposing counsel being filled with backwoods ignoramuses and her being the brilliant attorney dropping witty qui
Miranda
Gloria Allred is a fucking badass. One of the few remaining honest-to-god unapologetic feminists, and I will love her forever. With that having been said... as a writer, she is one hell of an amazing lawyer. Read it for inspiration, try to choke down the prose, the message it's wrapped around is worth it.
Krista
Really great book! Allred gives examples of cases she fought and won for women, minorities and victims of rape and violent crime. It is shocking to read about some of the rights women take for granted today that were not guaranteed when Allred began her career. I do have one question though - When the hell does this woman sleep???!!! I have great appreciation and respect Allred now after reading this book.
Deb
While many of her cases addressed valid injustices, some infringed on the basic rights of others without regard, such as the Freedom of Religion. One important thing her book emphasized is that if you feel you are being treated unfairly, according to the law, to speak up. Her main clients were women who felt victimized and were in situations where they felt helpless.

Sarah Coker-robinson
This book was a collection of short narratives about Allred's cases. Some of the cases were more interesting to read than others. I especially liked the empowerment lessons at the end of each section. It's worth reading.
Nathan
The book gives her perspective on the major issues she has been involved with, which is nice since all I ever hear are radio commentators bashing on her. I side with them even more so after having read this, but now I have an informed opinion. So that's good.
Solkon
She's as good a writer as she is a speaker. She is one gutsy woman.I thought her book was very good. I probably would never have read it, had I not heard her speak in person.
Jacqueline
I don't always agree with Ms. Allread's pooint of view but reading about her famous cases from someone with legal background and perspective was really interesting.
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Rianna
Rianna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Anniex97
Anniex97 marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Nayelly
Nayelly marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Mamie
Mamie added it
Jul 27, 2014
Shannon Hagen
Shannon Hagen marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Ruby and
Ruby and marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014