Start by marking “Fight Back and Win: My Thirty-Year Fight Against Injustice--And How You Can Win Your Own Battles” as Want to Read:

Voted by her peers as one of the best lawyers in America, and described by Time magazine as "one of the nation's most effective advocates of family rights and feminist causes," Allred has devoted her career to fighting for civil rights and has won hundreds of millions of dollars for victims of abuse. She has taken on countless institutions to promote equality, including th ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by William Morrow (first published February 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fight Back and Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight Back and Win

Darth J
Feb 07, 2014 Darth J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
3.75 Stars

Gloria Allred is a polarizing figure, to say the least. I personally like her, even if I don't always agree with her methods. Such was the case with this book. I picked it up and read it with the intention of knowing more about her legal battles, but what I got was a bunch of self-aggrandizing passages with some everyday legal know-how. Often she talks about her cases as the opposing counsel being filled with backwoods ignoramuses and her being the brilliant attorney dropping witty qui
Miranda
Gloria Allred is a fucking badass. One of the few remaining honest-to-god unapologetic feminists, and I will love her forever. With that having been said... as a writer, she is one hell of an amazing lawyer. Read it for inspiration, try to choke down the prose, the message it's wrapped around is worth it.
Krista
Apr 22, 2012 Krista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great book! Allred gives examples of cases she fought and won for women, minorities and victims of rape and violent crime. It is shocking to read about some of the rights women take for granted today that were not guaranteed when Allred began her career. I do have one question though - When the hell does this woman sleep???!!! I have great appreciation and respect Allred now after reading this book.
Deb
Apr 24, 2009 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While many of her cases addressed valid injustices, some infringed on the basic rights of others without regard, such as the Freedom of Religion. One important thing her book emphasized is that if you feel you are being treated unfairly, according to the law, to speak up. Her main clients were women who felt victimized and were in situations where they felt helpless.

Sarah Coker-robinson
This book was a collection of short narratives about Allred's cases. Some of the cases were more interesting to read than others. I especially liked the empowerment lessons at the end of each section. It's worth reading.
Nathan
Feb 22, 2011 Nathan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book gives her perspective on the major issues she has been involved with, which is nice since all I ever hear are radio commentators bashing on her. I side with them even more so after having read this, but now I have an informed opinion. So that's good.
Solkon
Oct 22, 2008 Solkon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She's as good a writer as she is a speaker. She is one gutsy woman.I thought her book was very good. I probably would never have read it, had I not heard her speak in person.
Jacqueline
I don't always agree with Ms. Allread's pooint of view but reading about her famous cases from someone with legal background and perspective was really interesting.
Lyn Jensen
My copy is autographed by the author.
Kim Newman
Kim Newman rated it did not like it
Dec 10, 2011
Bree O'kane
Bree O'kane rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2014
Elizabeth Kennedy
Elizabeth Kennedy rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2017
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2011
Mandee
Mandee rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Karyn M. Washington
Karyn M. Washington rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Bethanie Butler
Bethanie Butler rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
Marisa
Marisa rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2012
Tim McCarthy
Tim McCarthy rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2017
Eileen Paskert
Eileen Paskert rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2016
Katie Whichard
Katie Whichard rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2016
Parviz
Parviz rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2007
Dominique
Dominique rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2011
Luba
Luba rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Karrie
Karrie rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Anne Meyer
Anne Meyer rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2010
Jamie Etkind
Jamie Etkind rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2011
Georgine Pion
Georgine Pion rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2014
Jeff
Jeff rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Aimee Warrington
Aimee Warrington rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2011