Start by marking “Stanley's Christmas Adventure” as Want to Read:
Stanley's Christmas Adventure

Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley #5)

Who will save Christmas?Santa Claus is not his usual, jolly self. In fact, he's in a terrible mood. He doesn't believe that children appreciate Christmas anymore. This year, he has decided that he is not going to deliver any Christmas presents!

Luckily, his daughter, Sarah Claus, knows who to call for help. The Lambchop family! But can they convince Santa that there are sti
Published October 26th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Stanley's Christmas Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stanley's Christmas Adventure

Shiori Nishioka
Stanley's Christmas Adventure

Time: 40min + 20 min (Stargirl)
7 word summary: Santa Clause stop working daughter help appreciate
Passage I like:
I like the passage where Santa Clause reads the letters from Stanley and Auther. They wrote that Santa Clause to help people who lost everything because of terrible earthquake. I wonder if there are kinds who wish like them in real life, but I hope those kinds of kids exist.

I enjoyed reading this book but I couldn't understand the word
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
stanley sends a note to santa claus asking for help for the people who were in a hurricane. santa claus gives the people cooking supplies for christmas.
Feb 22, 2016 Mloy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little late for Christmas tales but very entertaining nonetheless and more importantly this book delivers a healthy dose of the Christmas spirit that encourages peace, love and goodwill towards other that should be practiced not only during the holidays but all year round. Like I stated, this book is full of Christmas spirit- maybe not in the beginning but definitely by the end *spoiler alert*. The characters are charming- the whole Lambchop family (and I think their surname's uniquely adorabl ...more
Benjamin Moreno
Oct 21, 2015 Benjamin Moreno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought how could the character be so flat and still is healthy and doesn't have any broken bones or is even dead.
Dec 29, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is a fun Christmas fantasy book in the Flat Stanley series by Jeff Brown. We've heard a lot about Flat Stanley and have participated in a few school projects for both our girls and our niece, taking a "Flat Stanley" to places and photographing him against familiar landmarks. But this is the first book we've read about him. The story was entertaining, but it wasn't a particular favorite. The characters attempt to humanize Santa and his family (he has a daughter in this story.) And the illust ...more
Lisa Burris
Flat Stanley is a long-time favorite, but the Christmas story in this book (Santa cancels Christmas because of the lack of Christmas spirit) is old and played out. Still, the overall theme of the book, that Stanley and his brother would rather have gifts for the unfortunate than for themselves, serves as a good moral for children.
Jan 01, 2016 Mir rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This starts out with a great message... but then Santa goes on a rant about the violence in today's society... Shouldn't kids be allowed to ESCAPE the "real" world when they pick up a book like this? It is a cold smack in the face & is an entirely unnecessary portion of the book.
Nov 09, 2015 Cecelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stanley got called from Sarah, Santa's daughter. She wanted him to make Santa happy again so he could deliver presents in the sleigh, instead of Sarah having to do it. Stanley and his family convince Santa that he should deliver the presents.
I'm a big fan of Flat Stanley and Stanley and the Magic Lamp, but this one didn't do it for me. My five-year-old was mildly entertained, but not enthralled.
Sep 15, 2016 R rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the characters says Drat a LOT. It's getting on my nerves... Interesting story so far though. Ah, useless! Don't like the ending or much of the story...
Paige Fugate
Feb 14, 2014 Paige Fugate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading this when I was in second grade. I read the whole flat stanly series
April Suter
Not a huge fan. Hard to read out loud and for students to follow.
Holly Letson
Stanley and his brother are an inspiration to children everywhere, as they think of others before themselves. I love how they asked Santa to help the children, who were victims of a natural disaster, instead of themselves.
I just didn't care for the ending that reminded me of the guys from *Men in Black* flashing that pen-thing to erase memories. The comment about Stanley's father not having anything to do at work, since some "joker" left a message saying he wouldn't be there, when I know he di
Emmet Miles
Jul 22, 2014 Emmet Miles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
earthquake in south america.
Dean Deters
Apr 14, 2015 Dean Deters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not enjoy this one. I think my 7 year old son liked it just fine, but the writing style annoyed me.
Dec 29, 2008 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I've gotten used to having Stanley around lately, we've been reading so many books about him. In this one, his family goes to the North Pole to visit Santa and save Christmas. In the end, there was a taste of "The Polar Express" with a silver bell from Santa as the item that makes Stanley and his brother remember having visited Santa. I think it could have been a bit more original than that.
Christina Lopez
Dec 04, 2013 Christina Lopez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the flat Stanley books. I know that they are geared towards enjoyment for children, but even as an adult I really enjoy all of these books. I thought that it was funny when Stanley's brother Arthur pumped him back up with an air pump. I believe that students would really get a kick out this series of books and they might even enjoy having to write a book report on it.
Dec 11, 2010 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young readers
A cute enough Christmas book for young readers. I have never read any of the Flat Stanley books before and I was kind of disappointed that he was no longer flat. Also, I was disappointed that the Lambchop family wasn't allowed to remember their visit to the North Pole - how sad! I am glad they made Santa feel better though!
Andd Becker
Apr 09, 2013 Andd Becker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Children will love reading about the adventures of the Lambchop family in this chapter book. They won't mind that Santa is portrayed as a manic-depressive.
The text by Jeff Brown is excellent. The pictures by Scott Nash are outstanding.
For added enjoyment, read Jeff Brown's first Flat Stanley book before reading book #5.
Jul 12, 2012 Ensiform rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, kidfic
The Lambchops visit Santa, who is refusing to make his yearly trip because children are so greedy nowadays. Full of the usual dry humor that characterizes this series, with the Lambchops blithely accepting all sorts of weirdness. Second-graders will get it; it goes over the heads of younger.
Dec 16, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot of times you take a chance with the $1.00 book offers from the Scholastic Book Orders. This book wasn't worth the $1.00. I read it aloud to my 5 year old. I think we were both disappointed to find out Stanley was no longer flat and that Santa is capable of having a bad attitude.
Laura Carby
Mar 21, 2012 Laura Carby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-book, holiday
In this book, Santa is in a terrible mood. He believes that children don't appreciate Christmas anymore. So he has said that no presents will be delivered this year. Stanley is convinced that there are still good children in the world and it's up to Stanley to find them!
Lovato Angela

I thought he would of been mailed to the North Pole and the eves would of opened the mail and he'd come to life. But I guess that's not what happen given it does have a happy ending.
This book is about Santa Claus. I recommend that parents of younger children read it first to decide if it is appropriate for their young kids.
Sep 17, 2011 Perla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good book because it's about mystery about why santa claus is not coming to town.It's a very good book you should read it someday.
Marina Li
Jan 17, 2012 Marina Li rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was wonderful. When i'm reading it, i could feel the christmas sprit. And this book is interesting. And i love it so much.
  • The Flying Chinese Wonders (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #7)
  • The Christmas Party from the Black Lagoon
  • Horrible Harry and the Dungeon
  • Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)
  • Two Times the Fun
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...

Flat Stanley (6 books)
  • Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)

“front of a pretty red-roofed house. All about the square were” 0 likes