Stanley's Christmas Adventure

Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  430 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Who will save Christmas?Santa Claus is not his usual, jolly self. In fact, he's in a terrible mood. He doesn't believe that children appreciate Christmas anymore. This year, he has decided that he is not going to deliver any Christmas presents!

Luckily, his daughter, Sarah Claus, knows who to call for help. The Lambchop family! But can they convince Santa that there are sti...more
Published October 26th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published September 5th 2003)

Dolly
Dec 29, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is a fun Christmas fantasy book in the Flat Stanley series by Jeff Brown. We've heard a lot about Flat Stanley and have participated in a few school projects for both our girls and our niece, taking a "Flat Stanley" to places and photographing him against familiar landmarks. But this is the first book we've read about him. The story was entertaining, but it wasn't a particular favorite. The characters attempt to humanize Santa and his family (he has a daughter in this story.) And the illust...more
Paige Fugate
I remember reading this when I was in second grade. I read the whole flat stanly series
Holly Letson
Stanley and his brother are an inspiration to children everywhere, as they think of others before themselves. I love how they asked Santa to help the children, who were victims of a natural disaster, instead of themselves.
I just didn't care for the ending that reminded me of the guys from *Men in Black* flashing that pen-thing to erase memories. The comment about Stanley's father not having anything to do at work, since some "joker" left a message saying he wouldn't be there, when I know he di...more
Rebecca
I've gotten used to having Stanley around lately, we've been reading so many books about him. In this one, his family goes to the North Pole to visit Santa and save Christmas. In the end, there was a taste of "The Polar Express" with a silver bell from Santa as the item that makes Stanley and his brother remember having visited Santa. I think it could have been a bit more original than that.
Christina Lopez
I love the flat Stanley books. I know that they are geared towards enjoyment for children, but even as an adult I really enjoy all of these books. I thought that it was funny when Stanley's brother Arthur pumped him back up with an air pump. I believe that students would really get a kick out this series of books and they might even enjoy having to write a book report on it.
Jodi
A cute enough Christmas book for young readers. I have never read any of the Flat Stanley books before and I was kind of disappointed that he was no longer flat. Also, I was disappointed that the Lambchop family wasn't allowed to remember their visit to the North Pole - how sad! I am glad they made Santa feel better though!
Andd Becker
Children will love reading about the adventures of the Lambchop family in this chapter book. They won't mind that Santa is portrayed as a manic-depressive.
The text by Jeff Brown is excellent. The pictures by Scott Nash are outstanding.
For added enjoyment, read Jeff Brown's first Flat Stanley book before reading book #5.
Ensiform
The Lambchops visit Santa, who is refusing to make his yearly trip because children are so greedy nowadays. Full of the usual dry humor that characterizes this series, with the Lambchops blithely accepting all sorts of weirdness. Second-graders will get it; it goes over the heads of younger.
Emily
A lot of times you take a chance with the $1.00 book offers from the Scholastic Book Orders. This book wasn't worth the $1.00. I read it aloud to my 5 year old. I think we were both disappointed to find out Stanley was no longer flat and that Santa is capable of having a bad attitude.
Laura Carby
In this book, Santa is in a terrible mood. He believes that children don't appreciate Christmas anymore. So he has said that no presents will be delivered this year. Stanley is convinced that there are still good children in the world and it's up to Stanley to find them!
Lovato Angela

I thought he would of been mailed to the North Pole and the eves would of opened the mail and he'd come to life. But I guess that's not what happen given it does have a happy ending.
Sydney
stanley sends a note to santa claus asking for help for the people who were in a hurricane. santa claus gives the people cooking supplies for christmas.
Perla
It's a good book because it's about mystery about why santa claus is not coming to town.It's a very good book you should read it someday.
Marina Li
This book was wonderful. When i'm reading it, i could feel the christmas sprit. And this book is interesting. And i love it so much.
Tremayne
i thought it had a lot of magic and holiday spirit in it and that santa was lkind of lazy to have a bag of chips and coke on his desk.
Summer
I didn't really enjoy this book, and my kids didn't seem to either. They were sad about the family losing their memory.
B
Very simple story of how Flat Stanley helps Santa get over his funk about people being too greedy.
Amber
Perfect for the Christmas season. not as good as the 1st book, but still great for kids to read.
Kellie
My child was "meh" about this one. He seems to prefer the classic Christmas tales.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Stanley goes on a ride in Santa's sleigh and I like the village where Santa lived. LK.
Geisha Cielos (loquaciousreaders)
I love this book can't wait to read the original adventure. :P
Gabe Poll
Apr 08, 2012 Gabe Poll rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: kids 4-8
I thought it was more on the boring side ( of rating books ) .
Sheri R
Cute chapter book I shared with my son before Christmas.
Johnathon Hassler
It was exciting when they were flying in the slay.
Denise
Ok series- my 5 yr old really loves it though!
Katherine
An enjoyable read about saving Christmas.
Jimster
Also read this a long time ago.
Lu Ann Brobst
Nice story about giving.
It was fun and I like Santa.
  • Horrible Harry Moves up to the Third Grade
  • Two Times the Fun
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • Holly the Christmas Fairy
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Chalk Box Kid (Stepping Stone Books)
  • Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt
  • Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping
Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, Flat Again!," was published the year he died. All together, Stanley's tales have sold ne...more
More about Jeff Brown...
Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1) Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6) Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4) Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2) Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)