Start by marking “On Monday When It Rained” as Want to Read:
On Monday When It Rained

On Monday When It Rained

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
In simple, straightforward text and marvelously expressive pictures, the author and photographer have captured the thoughts and feelings of one small boy. Whether he is proud or scared, lonely or excited, the boy’s face mirrors his emotion with the wonderful directness of childhood.
Published March 26th 2001 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about On Monday When It Rained, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Monday When It Rained

Falan Miller
I really liked this book. I do not know if a lot of people would like it because it is very different. It is a story of a little boy who does certain things and what his reaction to the situations are. To me it is very creative and I think the little boy is too cute!

I liked the idea of this book because it shows the pictures of the boys emotions. It is plain and black and white but I think this book could really be used in special education.

This book is all about emotions. For a kid with Autism
Natalie
Jan 31, 2016 Natalie rated it liked it
This story is about a little boy and the emotions he goes through in a week. He gets disappointed when it rains and he can not ride his new bike to his friend's house. When he burped out loud at dinner, he got embarrassed. He feels proud when his teacher remarks how the elephant he drew looks just like one his teacher saw. He also goes through feelings of anger, fear, excitement, and wonder. I really enjoyed how the pictures capture the boys emotions and how expressive they are. This would be gr ...more
Danielle Bartelmay
Nov 15, 2015 Danielle Bartelmay rated it liked it
Shelves: social-emotional
This is a story about the emotion a young boy feels throughout the week. Each day a new scenario happens that causes him to feel disappointed, excited, etc. He learns that everyone feels a variety of emotions every week. This is a great introductory book for teaching emotions. It relates common scenarios with emotions that typically correspond with these events. It is a great way to introduce why we feel certain ways to young children (i.e. disappointed because we cannot go outside). It also giv ...more
Teri
Feb 27, 2015 Teri rated it really liked it
I really loved this cute little book. It does a great job of explaining various feelings. It is supposed to be the little boy on the cover telling about various experiences he had one week and the feelings he had with a corresponding picture. Very fun and my daughter loved it. Excitement, Embarrassed, Proud, Scared, Disappointed, are some of the feelings shown.
Cindy
Jan 09, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the photographs that went with the emotion. The idea itself for the book is quite wonderful.
Cheryl
Apr 01, 2015 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Good book for talking about emotions and body language.
The Bougie Twins
Nov 12, 2015 The Bougie Twins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Leanne Krausmann
Apr 10, 2013 Leanne Krausmann rated it really liked it
This book is a simple description of emotions, and it has different pictures of a young boy making the expressions. Good story when introducing emotions to children.
Heather
Sep 09, 2009 Heather rated it really liked it
My 2.5 yo really enjoyed this simple book telling of situations & then showing pictures of each emotion that the child felt in that situation.
Trista
Aug 06, 2008 Trista rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
This is definitely a book for younger readers but I think I can use it to illustrate the writing trait of voice.
Belmont Storytime
good book for emotions with photo illustrations.
Carol Paniagua
Carol Paniagua rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Jesse Avila
Jesse Avila marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Merve
Merve rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Julia Burrs
Julia Burrs rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Tyler
Tyler added it
Feb 10, 2016
Tweedledum
Tweedledum rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jan 24, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Amy Knighton
Amy Knighton rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2015
Bookshelf Study
Bookshelf Study marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Stella Suarez
Stella Suarez marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Caroline Cardwell
Caroline Cardwell rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Taylor Geisler
Taylor Geisler rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015