Start by marking “First We Quit Our Jobs: How One Work Driven Couple Got on the Road to a New Life” as Want to Read:

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What happens when two executives leave their jobs, friends, and the city behind to hit the road in a twenty-seven foot RV? America the beautiful becomes a place of sights, foods, people, memories, and a little wisdom.

After fifty-two combined years in the corporate fast lane, Marilyn Abraham and her husband, Sandy MacGregor, embarked on an adventure that every work-driven p
Published January 2nd 1997 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about First We Quit Our Jobs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First We Quit Our Jobs

Jeannie
This womans style of writing was highly attractive for me, I felt like I was sitting right there while she was telling her story. Very descriptive, laugh out loud funny through most of it. But what I really liked was her outlook on life, which really got me thinking about my own. When a book does that for me, well that's what reading a book is all about for me! What more can I say other than I really enjoyed this one!
Maria (Ri)
This one was just ok for me. It was a little like a semi boring aunt talking about her extended vacation. There was a few funny bits and a few moments of wisdom, but mostly it dragged along without holding my interest. I felt myself vaguely smiling and nodding without really listening as I read.
Spencer Hill
One of the things I want to do is to drive to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska. This sojourn from Manhattan to Alaska and back provides an insight of what one might encounter on that trip. If you have ever wanted to take an RV and go see America this is a must read for you.
Deb
This book was a real escape when I was overcommitted and ridiculously stressed. The first half is laugh out loud funny. The second is more reflective about life priorities.
Current Resident
viewed from my standpoint as a lower middle class citizen, this book seemed yuppified. nice read, i guess.
Erin
I really wanted to like this book, but the writing just didn't hold my attention.
Donna
Inpsired me. Not that I can do it now but I like thinking abut it!
Saffron
Saffron marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Empower10
Empower10 marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Monica Barber
Monica Barber marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Susanb8564
Susanb8564 marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Feb 14, 2015
Brayden Reiter
Brayden Reiter marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Pamela Stone
Pamela Stone marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Utahbill
Utahbill is currently reading it
Nov 10, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
Feb 19, 2014
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013