Start by marking “Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister” as Want to Read:
Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister

Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  2,455 ratings  ·  180 reviews
Philippa Fisher is just your average eleven-and-a-half-year-old girl—she’s a bit shy and not the most popular girl at school. But all that changes one day when a new girl named Daisy arrives at school and reluctantly confesses that she is Philippa’s very own fairy godsister.

Unfortunately for Philippa, Daisy is one fairy who is not too fond of humans, and so she isn’t pleas
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published June 14th 2011 by Candlewick on Brilliance Audio (first published February 7th 2008)

Miss Clark
Pretty generic tale of an eleven year old girl with low self-esteem and a large amount of dissatisfaction with her life who meets a fairy that will grant her three wishes. Of course, the wishes go awry. Which in turn is an opportunity for Philippa to learn something important. The fairy's life is tied to that of a daisy flower and she too is supposed to learn something from this encounter, namely compassion and empathy.

The good old "Be Careful What You Wish For" and "Discover the power of being
Dominique
Philipia Fisher's fairy godsister is about a eleven year old girl named Philipia and her best friend Chalotte moved away.After making a traditional daisy chain in her backyard Philipia soon finds out that its actually a fairy godmother named Daisy.Daisy explains that she is here to grant philipia 3 wishes,but she soon realizes that theres a twist to every wish.

My opinion was that this book was very good and I wouldn't change one single thing about it.

I recomend this book to anyone who is interes
Luvbooks
Philippa fisher picked a daisy. She knew at midnight that it would turn into a fairy. Soon she started to not believe it. Philippa threw the daisy out of the window. At school there was a knew girl. She said that she had been thrown out of a window to Philippa. At once Philippa knew that this was the fairy.

Soon the two became friends. The fairy told Philippa that she would die soon. Philippa was so sad.
Will they ever see each other again? To know just read the next book.

I love these books. I r
Michelle Wu
I would give this book a 4 star rating - there were some parts of the book I really didn't liked about - but other than that - it's great ! it's got a natural soothing sound like the waves at the beach. My favorite character is Daisy French, even though she seems to be like a short-tempered kind of girl, but later on she opens up her heart to Philippa. I was really angry about Philippa that she threw out Daisy out the window, I mean like if I was Daisy, I would know how it would feel if you're " ...more
Emma
I just finished Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister by Liz Kessler. Its genre is a fairytale because it is about fairies. The main characters are Daisy and Philippa. Daisy is a fairy that grants Philippa 3 wishes, and comes as a girl. Philippa just had her friend Charlotte move away. She was glad to have Daisy as a friend. Daisy was treated meanly by some girls and nicely by others. Philippa was treated badly and nicely, too by the same girls.
This happens in Philippa’s backyard and school when Ph
Meagan Hendershot
This is a terrific book! It is about a fairy named Daisy, who does not like humans that much, coming to a girl named Philippa on a mission to grant her three wishes. When Philippa makes her wishes they do not turn out as good as they sounded. It is also about the friendship between Daisy and Philippa, which has its ups and downs.
Elaine
Oh this is a cute story. Who wouldnt want a fairy assigned to you right? The story is about friendship and being true to each other. We will always have this bestfriend who would be there for us no matter what happens. I like Philippa and Daisy's friendship even if Daisy's assignment is finished i know she'll always be there for Philippa and she'll always be her bestfriend. Fairy stories are sooooo cute!! Cant wait for the next book. :)
Haidyn Huff
It's such a magical book I've read the whole series. Liz Kessler is awesome!!!
toonepersonyoumaybetheworld
This was a very good book. After I read the first five pages I could not out this book down. I was almost positive that I was going to like this book because of the way the back of the book described the story and how it was about a fairy because usually I don't read books about fairy's and noticeable unreal things. This book was very good and I was very surprised I liked it.

One thing I did not like is how the fairy, Daisy, was a real sized human and she could go to school with Phillipa. I thin
Mandie
Philippa does NOT, cannot, believe that faires exist. However, her arguments and explanations can't dispute that fact that a fairy has handed her 3 wish vouchers, redeemable in the next 10 days. Perhpas the strangest thing of all is how much the fairy seems to hate Philippa, just what is going on?!
Lily
Do you like to have a friend that is a fairy? In this book, you will learn more about Philippa and her fairy god sister.
Philippa is having a horrible life, when her fairy god sister appear to the rescue. Daisy, the fairy god sister didn't seem as friendly as she looked. They face many challenges and hope to find friendship at the end. Will Philippa be friends with Daisy? Read to find out.
In my opinion, I rated this book 4 stars. It is a very good book about friendship and is very descriptive. T
Young Mensans
Review by Madeleine L. age 8, Nebraska/Western Iowa Mensa

"Fairy Godsister" is about a girl named Philippa and a fairy named Daisy. Phillipa is a 12 year old girl that thinks she has a lot of problems. Daisy is her fairy Godsister. The two cannot get along, but Daisy has to grant 3 wishes for Philippa within the life span of a picked daisy. My favorite part was when Phillippa made her first wish.

I liked this book because it was a funny, suspenseful story. Kids ages 8 and up will love it. It's in
Mia
This book was about an 11 year old girl who find a daisy but turns out to be a fairy but not any fairy her own fairy god sister. Philippa can now grant wishes but as she grants these wishes which she thought would make her life easier it makes it even harder than it was without the wishes due to her fairy god sister. She and "Daisy" have to come together to clean up there mess.
This was not my type of book only because it was a little to unrealistic for me. I would recommend this book to people w
Evelyn
Cute book! And great moral/meaning!!!
Madeleine
It was a pretty good book
Sandie
I thought this book was very good. I have read a zillion stories with the whole three wishes and fairy godmother idea, but this one was very cute and nicely done.

I love the whole moral of this story. The little girl thought she wanted all these things different in her life and when she got her wishes, it turned out that she really did love her life before and missed it after she changed it with the wishes. She discovered that she was liked not for herself but because of the fairy magic and that
Elena
Phillipa Fisher's friend was going from the town and this was the last day she could see her and of course Phillipa was really sad about it. Phillipa invited her friend to come say good-bye to her in her house. They were both having a really good time when they were doing daisy necklaces to each other when, Phillipa knew she saw fairy in the flower. She didn't want to tell her friend because her friend always thought she was crazy. She decided just to keep the flower until her friend went. Phill ...more
Caedy  Eries
Title: Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister (Philipa Fisher #1)
Author: Liz Kessler
Rating: 3/5

Summary: Philippa Fisher is just your average eleven-and-a-half-year-old girl. She's a bit shy and not the most popular girl at school. But all that changes one day when a new girl named Daisy arrives at school and reluctantly confesses that she is Philippa's very own fairy godsister.
Unfortunately for Philippa, Daisy is a fairy who is not too fond of humans, and so she is not pleased about having to help P
Kat  Hooper
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

Philippa Fisher is your average 11 year old — her parents are embarrassing and she wishes she was popular. When her best friend moves away, she is so sad that she comes to the attention of the fairy godmothers. They assign Daisy, who’s never worked with humans before, to Philippa’s case. Daisy must grant Philippa three wishes, but Daisy also has her own lessons to learn about compassion if she wants to advance in fairy society.

I listened to the audiobook v
Missy
Such a great story with an amazing (and sad, in a way) ending! I immediately liked Philippa, and could relate to her story. I was also made fun of and picked on in school (and still am to this day as an adult) just for being fat. I didn't really like Daisy at first, because of how rude she was to Philippa. I soon warmed up to her after she started being nicer. I can definitely understand why Philippa would want to wish herself popular, even though it was an empty popularity. Given the choice, I ...more
Hannah
I loved this book and totally intend to read this series again! I remember first picking it up in Elementary School, excited to be reading a book about fairies, but surprised that it had more than just magic and wishes and all that good stuff. Honestly though, it's a bit of a childish story and is better suited for girls 7-10 in my opinion :) Though it is a fun, light read with a neat story.
Lauren
The title of this book comes from one line in the book – that Daisy, the fairy godmother, is more like a fairy godsister because of her age – and that’s it. For the rest of the book, she’s referred to as a fairy godmother. As a reader, I really hate when a book is sold on a fun, somewhat unique concept that is then discarded for a generic, paint-by-numbers tale. To be fair, the story of Philippa – daughter to artsy, scatter-brained parents and best friend to Charlotte, who recently moved away – ...more
Alyssa Harris
5 stars. I loved this book, it's a typical children's book. Happy ending and joyful character relationships. I'm 17 and Philippa reminds me a lot of my younger self and it was great to see from my older perspective. The writing was great and the language is good for children to learn and to help expand their own vocabulary as well as enjoy.
Bethany
Miracle
Philippa Fisher is an eleven and a half year old girl who lives with her rather embarassing parents. She is shy and she never has been the most popular girl in school . . . no matter how much she had tried.Then a new girl named Daisy come and everything changed. After a few uncomfortable and not so pleasant moments with Philippa, Daisy confess that she is Not a human at all but a fairy godmother who has come to grand Philippa three wishes.Although Daisy is a fairy godmother, she is not one that ...more
Sarah Adamson
A gentle but very topical young adult book. This explores the world of fairies but also the life of a teenage girl who doesn't quite fit in. As a girl like this, I really appreciated a lot of the lessons Philippa learned during the book.
Littlemasher
I like when Trisha Miles suggested the Tamdale Center.An arcade sounds good at a mall.If I went to a clothing store there I would buy a pair of butterfly jellies!And I like how at the end Daisy and Phillipa become best friends!
Emma
This was a really good book! I love Liz Kessler. It was about a girl, Philippa Fisher, who went on a vacation and well she was there she met her fairy godmother/fairy godsister. I loved this book so much, please read it! By the way it is the first book in a series.
Marcela G
Philippa is a very shy girl with almost only one friend and embarrassed by her parents. She is heart broken when she finds out her best friend Charlotte is moving away, that’s when she meets Daisy, her fairy godmother. Even though she hates humans she is put on the assignment. She breaks the ultimate fairy code by telling Phlilppa she is a fairy.
I liked the book because I thought it had a good mix of real life and fantasy. I thought it was good because it had realistic fighting beetween two t
Book 4 19 Nov 29, 2013 09:41PM
  • The Summer of Moonlight Secrets
  • Wings: A Fairy Tale (Fairy Wings #1)
  • Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • 13 Curses (Thirteen Treasures, #2)
  • The Sky Village (Kaimira, #1)
  • Diary of a Fairy Godmother
  • The Wish Stealers
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Darkness Under the Water
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • The Ever Breath
  • A Wizard Named Nell (The Keepers, #1)
  • Erratum
  • The Lightning Catcher (The Lightning Catcher, #1)
  • Beswitched
  • Ivy's Ever After
Liz Kessler is the author of three novels about Philippa Fisher as well as the NEW YORK TIMES best-selling Emily Windsnap series. She lives in Manchester, England.
More about Liz Kessler...

Philippa Fisher (3 books)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher, #2)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)
The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1) Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Emily Windsnap, #3) Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2) Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4) A Year Without Autumn