Start by marking “Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister” as Want to Read:
Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister

Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher #1)

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  3,098 Ratings  ·  226 Reviews
Philippa Fisher is just your average eleven-and-a-half-year-old girl—she’s a bit shy and not the most popular girl at school. But all that changes one day when a new girl named Daisy arrives at school and reluctantly confesses that she is Philippa’s very own fairy godsister.

Unfortunately for Philippa, Daisy is one fairy who is not too fond of humans, and so she isn’t pleas
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published June 14th 2011 by Candlewick on Brilliance Audio (first published February 7th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister, please sign up.

Hallie 274 pages. You can find out by looking on the book's goodreads page.

Miss Clark
Dec 07, 2008 Miss Clark rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grade-Middle School
Pretty generic tale of an eleven year old girl with low self-esteem and a large amount of dissatisfaction with her life who meets a fairy that will grant her three wishes. Of course, the wishes go awry. Which in turn is an opportunity for Philippa to learn something important. The fairy's life is tied to that of a daisy flower and she too is supposed to learn something from this encounter, namely compassion and empathy.

The good old "Be Careful What You Wish For" and "Discover the power of being
Dominique
Nov 05, 2009 Dominique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Philipia Fisher's fairy godsister is about a eleven year old girl named Philipia and her best friend Chalotte moved away.After making a traditional daisy chain in her backyard Philipia soon finds out that its actually a fairy godmother named Daisy.Daisy explains that she is here to grant philipia 3 wishes,but she soon realizes that theres a twist to every wish.

My opinion was that this book was very good and I wouldn't change one single thing about it.

I recomend this book to anyone who is interes
Reagan
May 26, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Philippa fisher picked a daisy. She knew at midnight that it would turn into a fairy. Soon she started to not believe it. Philippa threw the daisy out of the window. At school there was a knew girl. She said that she had been thrown out of a window to Philippa. At once Philippa knew that this was the fairy.

Soon the two became friends. The fairy told Philippa that she would die soon. Philippa was so sad.
Will they ever see each other again? To know just read the next book.

I love these books. I r
Emma
Mar 24, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I just finished Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister by Liz Kessler. Its genre is a fairytale because it is about fairies. The main characters are Daisy and Philippa. Daisy is a fairy that grants Philippa 3 wishes, and comes as a girl. Philippa just had her friend Charlotte move away. She was glad to have Daisy as a friend. Daisy was treated meanly by some girls and nicely by others. Philippa was treated badly and nicely, too by the same girls.
This happens in Philippa’s backyard and school when Ph
Saige Holcomb
I think "Philippa Fisher's and the Fairy Godsister" is a great book. One thing that I still wonder about in this book is how did Philippa's enemy Trisha Miles find out about Philippa having a fairy granting her wishes. I like the part where Daisy and Philippa officially become friends. The sad part was that The fairy who was granting her wishes had to leave at the end.

"Philippa Fisher's and the Fairy Godsister" is about a girl named Philippa whose best friend just moved away, but a fairy is assi
Michelle Wu
Apr 06, 2011 Michelle Wu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book a 4 star rating - there were some parts of the book I really didn't liked about - but other than that - it's great ! it's got a natural soothing sound like the waves at the beach. My favorite character is Daisy French, even though she seems to be like a short-tempered kind of girl, but later on she opens up her heart to Philippa. I was really angry about Philippa that she threw out Daisy out the window, I mean like if I was Daisy, I would know how it would feel if you're " ...more
Hannah S.
Feb 13, 2017 Hannah S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing! It's in the fantasy genre, but the characters are relatable.
Binibining `E (Maria Eleynita)
Oh this is a cute story. Who wouldnt want a fairy assigned to you right? The story is about friendship and being true to each other. We will always have this bestfriend who would be there for us no matter what happens. I like Philippa and Daisy's friendship even if Daisy's assignment is finished i know she'll always be there for Philippa and she'll always be her bestfriend. Fairy stories are sooooo cute!! Cant wait for the next book. :)
Meagan Hendershot
This is a terrific book! It is about a fairy named Daisy, who does not like humans that much, coming to a girl named Philippa on a mission to grant her three wishes. When Philippa makes her wishes they do not turn out as good as they sounded. It is also about the friendship between Daisy and Philippa, which has its ups and downs.
Mandie
Jun 01, 2008 Mandie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Philippa does NOT, cannot, believe that faires exist. However, her arguments and explanations can't dispute that fact that a fairy has handed her 3 wish vouchers, redeemable in the next 10 days. Perhpas the strangest thing of all is how much the fairy seems to hate Philippa, just what is going on?!
Christina
Feb 11, 2009 Christina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2009
Cute story about a girl who is unhappy with her life and wants to change it only to realize it's that way for a reason. Not the world's greatest writing but I had to pick it up after one of my fifth graders raved about it. Great for that age.
Haidyn Huff
May 22, 2015 Haidyn Huff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's such a magical book I've read the whole series. Liz Kessler is awesome!!!
Evelyn
Jul 10, 2009 Evelyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book! And great moral/meaning!!!
Madeleine
It was a pretty good book
Maggie Ignasiak
I hate to give this one such a low rating, because if I really could, I'd give it a 2.5, but if I mark it as a three, and I reference it later, I'll imagine it was on the better side of okay. A lot of the character growth seemed superficial. It's a children's book, but I think especially compared to Emily Windsnap, this one just falls short. I also wanted more fairy background information, but it was pretty 2D.
Stacy
Mar 16, 2017 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i did't mind this book but i it's because i'm not really a girly girl but if you are a girly girl and love fairy tails than i think that this would be a good book for you!!!
Jimena Pablo
Mar 07, 2017 Jimena Pablo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was great i love it FRIENDSHIP
Tabatha B
Feb 26, 2017 Tabatha B rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
February
Philippa Fisher's Fairy God sister
By: Liz Kessler

Philippa doesn't live a normal life. All she wants is a fairy godmother. Instead she gets Daisy. Daisy is her fairy god sister. Now she can wish for anything she wants. In the process of making these wishes, she wished for something she regretted. Her and Daisy don't get along at all, they always get on each others nerves. The thing is that these wishes have made a big mess. The two girls need to come to a conclusion to help fix the mess.
Corina
Mar 04, 2017 Corina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good
Caedy  Eries
Title: Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister (Philipa Fisher #1)
Author: Liz Kessler
Rating: 3/5

Summary: Philippa Fisher is just your average eleven-and-a-half-year-old girl. She's a bit shy and not the most popular girl at school. But all that changes one day when a new girl named Daisy arrives at school and reluctantly confesses that she is Philippa's very own fairy godsister.
Unfortunately for Philippa, Daisy is a fairy who is not too fond of humans, and so she is not pleased about having to help P
Catherine
Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister by Liz Kessler
Fantasy
✯✯✯✯✯ out of 5 stars

“The daisy was going to turn into a fairy at midnight!" Philippa Fisher is the main character of the book. She is extremely sad when her best friend Charlotte moves away. She then tries to summon a fairy, but does not have any luck because she fails. Then, there is a new girl in class, Daisy. Daisy announces one day that she is Philippa’s fairy godsister and that she is there to grant Philippa three wishes. Philippa is ta
Kat  Hooper
Aug 09, 2011 Kat Hooper rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

Philippa Fisher is your average 11 year old — her parents are embarrassing and she wishes she was popular. When her best friend moves away, she is so sad that she comes to the attention of the fairy godmothers. They assign Daisy, who’s never worked with humans before, to Philippa’s case. Daisy must grant Philippa three wishes, but Daisy also has her own lessons to learn about compassion if she wants to advance in fairy society.

I listened to the audiobook v
Elena
Feb 10, 2012 Elena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Phillipa Fisher's friend was going from the town and this was the last day she could see her and of course Phillipa was really sad about it. Phillipa invited her friend to come say good-bye to her in her house. They were both having a really good time when they were doing daisy necklaces to each other when, Phillipa knew she saw fairy in the flower. She didn't want to tell her friend because her friend always thought she was crazy. She decided just to keep the flower until her friend went. Phill ...more
toonepersonyoumaybetheworld
This was a very good book. After I read the first five pages I could not out this book down. I was almost positive that I was going to like this book because of the way the back of the book described the story and how it was about a fairy because usually I don't read books about fairy's and noticeable unreal things. This book was very good and I was very surprised I liked it.

One thing I did not like is how the fairy, Daisy, was a real sized human and she could go to school with Phillipa. I thin
Missy
Jun 12, 2009 Missy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandie
Jan 11, 2010 Sandie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: liz-kessler
I thought this book was very good. I have read a zillion stories with the whole three wishes and fairy godmother idea, but this one was very cute and nicely done.

I love the whole moral of this story. The little girl thought she wanted all these things different in her life and when she got her wishes, it turned out that she really did love her life before and missed it after she changed it with the wishes. She discovered that she was liked not for herself but because of the fairy magic and that
Sarah McConnaughey
Such a great story with an amazing (and sad, in a way) ending! I immediately liked Philippa, and could relate to her story. I was also made fun of and picked on in school (and still am to this day as an adult) just for being fat. I didn't really like Daisy at first, because of how rude she was to Philippa. I soon warmed up to her after she started being nicer. I can definitely understand why Philippa would want to wish herself popular, even though it was an empty popularity. Given the choice, I ...more
Fantasy Literature
Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter is the second book in Liz Kessler’s trilogy about Philippa Fisher, a lonely 11 year old girl with eccentric hippie parents. When we met her in the first book, Philippa Fisher and the Fairy Godsister, she had come to the attention of the fairy godmothers because her best friend had recently moved away and she was sad. A young inexperienced fairy named Daisy was assigned to grant Philippa three wishes. Both Philippa and Daisy learned a lot and became ...more
Lauren
Jun 10, 2011 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book comes from one line in the book – that Daisy, the fairy godmother, is more like a fairy godsister because of her age – and that’s it. For the rest of the book, she’s referred to as a fairy godmother. As a reader, I really hate when a book is sold on a fun, somewhat unique concept that is then discarded for a generic, paint-by-numbers tale. To be fair, the story of Philippa – daughter to artsy, scatter-brained parents and best friend to Charlotte, who recently moved away – ...more
Book 4 19 Nov 29, 2013 09:41PM
  • The Summer of Moonlight Secrets
  • Fairy Lies (Fairy Wings #2)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • The Sky Village (Kaimira, #1)
  • 13 Curses (Thirteen Treasures, #2)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Diary of a Fairy Godmother
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)
  • Darkness Under the Water
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Scaredy Kat (Suddenly Supernatural #2)
  • Beswitched
  • Erratum
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • The Ever Breath
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • The Revolution of Sabine
Liz Kessler is the author of three novels about Philippa Fisher as well as the NEW YORK TIMES best-selling Emily Windsnap series. She lives in Manchester, England.
More about Liz Kessler...

Philippa Fisher (3 books)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher, #2)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)