Start by marking “Judgment in Death - Penghakiman dalam Kematian” as Want to Read:
Judgment in Death - Penghakiman dalam Kematian

Judgment in Death - Penghakiman dalam Kematian (In Death #11)

4.33  ·  Rating Details ·  24,192 Ratings  ·  615 Reviews
Ketika dipanggil ke lokasi pembunuhan di kelab malam kelas atas bernama Purgatory, Letnan Eve Dallas menemukan dua kejutan yang tidak menyenangkan: korbannya ternyata sesama polisi, dan pemilik Purgatory tidak lain dan tidak bukan adalah Roarke. Dari penyelidikan selanjutnya, diketahui bahwa polisi yang tewas itu pernah bergabung dalam gugus tugas yang bertujuan menangkap ...more
Published February 2011 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Judgment in Death - Penghakiman dalam Kematian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judgment in Death - Penghakiman dalam Kematian

Mo
Nov 11, 2016 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

In an uptown strip joint, a cop is found bludgeoned to death. The weapon's a baseball bat. The motive's a mystery. It's a case of serious overkill that pushes Eve Dallas straight into overdrive. Her investigation uncovers a private club that's more than a hot spot.

This series is addictive. Although the number of books in the series is quite daunting!

"I don't know how to do this! I love you, and it makes me crazy."

He had to laugh. She looked so baffled.

"Christ Jesus, Eve, you're a piece of w
Phrynne
Dec 03, 2016 Phrynne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Over the course of this long series I am always amazed at the consistent quality of J.D. Robb's writing, but some of the books do stand out in excellence. This is one of them.
There is everything in this book!
Nearly all of our favourite characters make an appearance. Mavis has a very funny scene with Eve when they try to solve her problems with the aid of alcohol and ice cream. Mira tries to help solve the same problems in a very different way. Summerset only has less than a page but makes a rea
Poonam

What I like about these books are the way the investigation progresses in the futuristic world.

The name of the book exactly suggests why the killings are happening in this one... There is a killer judging and killing remorselessly..

Eve Dallas tries her best to sort out the mess and find the killer as soon as possible. She let's nothing stand in her way, not even the fact that she may be judged for her actions...

There was too much focus on Roarke and Eve's personal life and a lot of it c
Jilly
Jul 28, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
So, there's a cop-killer in this book. But, he's only killing bad cops who were on the take, so really, is that so bad? I mean, it's a lot of work to catch a killer and he is kinda helping clean-up the police department.

Okay, okay. Killing is wrong. blah.blah.blah.

Along with this mystery is the mystery of Eve's stolen candy. She still hasn't caught the thief who is stealing her candy and actually had to resort to eating an apple. Why, God, why? Life can be so cruel. Of course, I have my suspicio
Carolyn
Jan 15, 2017 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, futuristic, 2017
Someone is killing cops on Eve Dallas' watch and she won't stand for that. The first cop was killed in a nightclub owned by her husband Roarke, so he won't stand for it either. Together they make a formidable team, but all is not peaches and cream and they have their first real row over Roarke's over-protectiveness of Eve when she's facing danger on the job.

All my favourite characters feature in this novel and are developing nicely. Peabody is enjoying juggling two lovers and sometimes giving E
♥Sharon♥
Feb 09, 2017 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

LOVED IT. It is as simple as that. This series is crazy good. I’m still baffled as to how she does it. After 11 books I still adore Roarke and Eve.

In Judgement in Death cops are being murdered. One is murdered in a place Roarke owns. Eve is not surprised by this but this particular club connects Roarke to a man he thought he left in his past. Max Ricker would make a mistake that he’d regret.

Listen to me now, and carefully. Touch her, put your hand on what’s mine again, and I’ll follow you to
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Absolutely adore this series and it's characters!
Mei
Jun 22, 2017 Mei rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
"Nonetheless. Both of you reacted as natural for you, engaged in a bout of rough, sweaty sex that no doubt satisfied you."

"You'd have thought so, but we hadn't even cooled off when he picked me up off the floor and carried me into bed and did it all over again."

Mira stared, rather blankly. "Does he have a particular diet? Vitamins?"

This quote is fun, but it's much more fun when you think that's Mira speaking! LOL

In this series the absolute best are the characters! All the characters! Each on
Lisa Kay
Thirty pieces of silver.

description

★★★★★ & a W.O.W! (This is a review of the audiobook.) I feel like a parrot, because I keep saying this, but this series just keeps getting better and better. This is certainly due, in large part, to Susan Ericksen’s excellent narration. She knows these characters so well and is so versatile with the voices. Love the rugged, poetic Irish lilt of Roarke’s voice; the friendly airiness of Mavis’s; the professional, dependable, but decidedly sassy Detective Delia Peabody’s
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read: 27th November-1st december 2014

1st read: 26th February- 13th March 2013

That's me every time I finish a book in this series
This is the first installment in the In death series that I review, and it’s hard! I loved everything, even the fighting, and I don’t have anything to say that the other people who wrote reviews didn’t say before me. It was a pleasure to listen to it, I don’t think I’ve enjoyed another audiobook more.

About the novel: In this book Eve deals with a cop killer and as
Kristen
I'm still completely and unapologetically addicted to the characters in this series - especially Eve and Roarke, but even the supporting characters are so real and relatable they get under my skin.

This time around, Eve's hunting a cop killer. A cop killer who seems to be killing cops who may or may not be on the take. Naturally, cops don't like to be investigated, especially by another cop, so Eve's not too popular - but, being Eve, that makes no difference at all to her doing what she has to do
Lauren
Judgement in Death
4 Stars

Homicide Lieutenant Eve Dallas faces one of her most challenging cases when an off duty police officer is killed in a deliberate and vicious attack. As Eve unravels the clues, she is forced to confront the harsh realities of corruption within the force as well as cope with her husband's protective instincts.

The storyline revolving around the murders of several apparently corrupt police officers and their connection to a career criminal and former associate of Roarke's i
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
RTC!
Tina
Nov 18, 2007 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
This is the 11th book in the In Death series.

It is early Spring 2059 and Eve is called to the scene of a bludgeoning death in a classy, upscale strip club called Purgatory. The condition of the body is a testament to a rage kill and scattered amongst the remains are 30 pieces of silver.

Eve learns that the dead man was a cop and had once been a part of a police task force formed to put away a notorious criminal. But evidence was compromised, the case disintegrated and the criminal got away.

There
Andree
Jul 07, 2013 Andree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Oh, I have mixed feelings about this one...

(view spoiler)
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
This is my third time reading straight through the In Death series (have read certain books many times more), and I have to say it is pure pleasure each time. I first read the paperbacks, then had the pleasure of listening to Susan Ericksen's interpretation in the audiobooks, and now - this time, I'm reading them on Kindle. Never gets old. Judgement is a favorite for all the Roarke and Eve scenes as I'm a big fan of the character relationship development in the series. The supporting cast is awe ...more
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read - really do like Judgment in Death - all the angst, bodies piling up, wrong cops - real bad guy introduced! I can even overlook the Lieutenant being called a Detective! One of my favourite books in this series. Eve has lots of nasty characters to deal with and she does deal with them!

It's all a matter of who has the biggest balls - hmmmm, I would have to say Roarke does! :)

Two thumbs up and 5 stars!
Kjen
So, I was re-reading this for the umpteenth time...love the drama that comes from a newly married relationship between two people with 'rock hard heads bashing against each other'...Mavis' words, not mine;) The whole Webster-Roarke fight and the resulting scene afterwards are vintage Robb...two of the most famous scenes in the series. A great read to get me in the mindset for the new In Death release coming soon!
Yuli Pritania
Novel JD Robb favorit saya. Semua novel JD Robb itu bagus dan tanpa cela, di mata saya, tp saya plg suka yg ini. Karena disinilah pertama kalinya Eve dan Roarke bertengkar hebat cuma gr2 ego Roarke yg tercoreng sebagai laki-laki yg teritorinya diganggu. Novel ini penuh emosi, lbh intim, dengan plot yg luar biasa.

Kayaknya g ada lg yg bs saya komentarin. JD Robb will always be awesome.
Ann Lou
Jun 29, 2017 Ann Lou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good one. A cop killer who is getting rid of bad and corrupt cops in gruesome ways. I feel bad because the killer is a good man but because of a great loss he had to avenge the loved one.

Eve and I have a like/dislike relationship. In this one, I like her. And I cried in the cemetery scene. I thought Eve was great there.

Eve and Roarke together is awesome plus the secondary characters whom I also love but in my opinion Roarke is the best character in this series. Perfect. Perfect. Perfecto
Reen
I really enjoyed this one. Eve gets to show her loyalty to her profession when she gives Clooney a break and yet still does her job. This book has the first real fight between Roarke and Eve and when Eve talks to Mira about how they made up, it was priceless! Mira says "Both of you reacted as natural for you, engaged in a bout of rough, sweaty sex that no doubt satisfied you."
'You'd have thought so, but we hadn't even cooled off when he picked me up off the floor and carried me into bed and did
Shari Kay
Sep 03, 2015 Shari Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
This was pretty good!

I figured out the who-dun-it fairly quickly but wasn't sure of the why or how it would pan out and shed a few tears with the way it did unfold.

Liked Webster and hope we see him again.

Roarke, of course, was awesome sauce with an extra side of yummy alpha thrown in. He played an active role in the secondary storyline and was very badass.

Eve continues to learn how to be in a relationship and did not get on my nerves too much this time with her double standards.

A few ends wer
Cyndi
Oct 11, 2015 Cyndi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Of course I love this book. There is no one hotter than Roarke, and Eve is really cool, so...good team. But, my only draw back is something that shows itself in tons of books and real life. It's the private art collection of famous artists. Share them with the world. Art is not meant to be hoarded. I mean, books are art. What if those were hoarded? How terrible would it be if only one person could read Austen or Robb?
Audrey
Mar 08, 2017 Audrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New releases came out yesterday that I really want to read, but I can't pull myself away from this series. Must....keeep.....reading....
Ren
May 01, 2010 Ren rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: J.D.Robb fans, thriller suspense fans.
Seperti biasa 5 bintang buat In Death seriesnya J.D.Robb.

Untuk genre thriller suspense, memang tidak ada yang bisa mengalahkan J.D.Robb dalam urusan membuat hero yang to-die-for, drop-dead-dangerous, sexy-as-hell, I-wanna-lick-him-from-head-to-toe (haiss apa lagi coba), hero yang nama aslinya tetep jadi misteri bahkan sampai installment terbarunya, Roarke *fansgirl berbicara :)) *

Terjemahan buku ini sudah oke, cuma typonya lumayan banyak [hammer]..=> GPU gimana nih? ==a

Adegan favorit adalah s
Eve
Jan 15, 2017 Eve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb
Series: In Death, #11
Suspense > futuristic > romance > mystery

In Judgement in Death the victim is another cop, Taj Kohli. He was killed while working undercover in an exclusive nightclub, that belongs to no other than Eve's husband, Roarke. Matters complicate further when it appears that a shady and powerful character, Max Ricker, may be somehow involved in victim's death. Max Ricker is a former associate of Roarke that still nurses a grudge against him, an
Kirsten *Make Margaret Atwood Fiction Again!"
One of the best In Death books EVER!

I love all of them, but this one has some of the best scenes out of them all. I do prefer many of the early books. There's a lot more drama and conflict between Eve & Roarke.

This one also has one of the more sympathetic murderers in all of them. I just love it! I've read it before but somehow it never got reviewed.

Eve, Roarke, Webster, the evil Ricker... all make for a great read. Added to that, Susan Ericksen's incredible performance just takes it over
Glamdring
Aug 25, 2014 Glamdring rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4,5 stars*
Nameeta Rao
I usually enjoy the In Death series as it keeps me guessing who the killer is but I managed to figure this one out like 20% into the book and hence the three stars. But as I was reading a really heavy book in parallel this was exactly what I needed to balance it out.
The book follows Eve and her band of people trying to catch a cop killer. As its one of their own emotions run high in the department. But all is not what it seems. Eve has to find her way through the bodies, the grieving family and
LibraryLass
J.D. Robb : Judgment in Death (Spoiler Zone) 33 134 Nov 26, 2016 05:26PM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Judgment In Death (Mar. 2014) SPOILER ZONE 85 52 Jan 07, 2015 12:46PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #62 - Judgement in Death 1 1 Oct 28, 2014 12:40PM
Readers of Kindle...: Judgement in Death #11 4 14 Mar 14, 2012 06:25PM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.5)
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Obsidian Prey (Ghost Hunters, #6)
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
  • The Dark Tide (The Adrien English Mysteries, #5)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Secrets in Death, on sale September 2017, is the 45th e ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)

“Into the night, in the dark, he lay beside her, listening to her breathe. He knew the varied and sundry reasons a man would kill. But none were more fierce, none were more vital than to hold safe what he loved.” 32 likes
“Who's with her?" Roarke asked, though he already knew. It was just like her.

"With her? Oh, ah, hmmm. Webster."

Silence fell, a clatter of broken bricks. Peabody folded her hands in her pockets and prepared for the explosion to follow.

"I see." When Roarke simply turned back to the screen and continued, she didn't know whether to be relieved or scared to death.”
29 likes