The Boy Behind the Gate: How His Dream of Sailing Around the World Became a Six-Year Odyssey of Adventure, Fear, Discovery and Love

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews

FOLLOW THE GLOBAL SAILING ADVENTURES OF JULIA AND HER CREW AS THEY DISCOVER THE WORLD AND THEMSELVES

With his first mate and crew, amateur sailor Larry Jacobson embarked on a lifelong goal to circumnavigate the globe. The namesake boy behind the gate is a passionate romantic who, since childhood, yearned to discover what’s out there….

How do some people overcome fears and in...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Buoy Press

To ask other readers questions about The Boy Behind the Gate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boy Behind the Gate

Greg Frucci
On a personal level, I loved this book because I too am a sailor of the open ocean. It took me back to the sea where I long to be once again. The Challenges he faced in preparation, being "out there" and returning are exactly what I am facing in the moment as I write this review.
On a global level, a level which speaks to all of us Humans, no matter what our race, gender, political views or sexual orientation are...we can relate to the story of a fellow human who is driven by what he or she is Pa...more
Misha
Could not finish... I do not care about somebody's sexual orientation but when it is being promoted on almost every page it becomes very annoying very fast.
Susan
A very interesting book about a six-year journey around the world. It depicts both the highs and the lows of such a trip... Each with a cocktail in their hands. An easy read, but lots of fun.
Lorna
Interesting saga. We met him and Ken at a book club event and they are truly fun people. I will look at boats and marinas in a new light now.
itmfiddler
Fascinating book. If you like travel documentaries and sailing, you'll enjoy this book.
David Jedeikin
Engrossing, epic story of a couple's round-the-world journey.
Dane Cooper
Dane Cooper marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Nancielafferty
Nancielafferty marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Carolyn Cure
Carolyn Cure marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Tom Daly
Tom Daly marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2012
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2011