Start by marking “Orphan of the Shadows: The Light and Dark Chronicles” as Want to Read:
Orphan of the Shadows: The Light and Dark Chronicles

Orphan of the Shadows: The Light and Dark Chronicles

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  7 reviews
I didn't exactly dream of you, but I was told in my dream that during a time of great pain I would meet a young lady with grand power. I was told that power would save me from death and bring peace to my world... Somehow I know it is you...

In the faraway kingdom of Mádárèn, Elon Amæloriey, a young orphan girl, lived a life of pain and struggle from the day her parents pass
Published April 26th 2011 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Orphan of the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orphan of the Shadows

J.S. Bailey
"Orphan of the Shadows" by Abby Ryan is an exciting tale of a young orphan girl named Elon who lives in a magical world called Bratched. Queen hAmari knows she is dying and must find her successor before the powers of Darkness can capture the new queen and make her one of their own. This book explores the themes of friendship and faith, and how both can be used to combat any evil that threatens us.

I really enjoyed this book, and I look forward to reading "The Black Trinity," which is the next bo
Anila
Jul 17, 2011 Anila marked it as to-read
The cover is gorgeous, but I'm wary. I mean, the author is about nine months older than I am. And she started this novel as a sophomore in high school. Having been a sophomore in high school, and having looked back on what I wrote then, I don't have high hopes. We'll see, though. Hopefully it will surprise me.
Sheila
I'm really not sure how to review this book. I could do the usual and explain what it's about, but I feel like there's to much to be said about it. All I know is that it's truly a work of art and I can't wait for the next book to come out.
Beccie
Abby sent me “Orphan of the Shadows” for review. I would really like to just say “GREAT STORY” and have that be that, but let’s face it I like to elaborate. This book was surprisingly different than I thought it would be. It wasn’t simply a generic fantasy with a slight Christian undertone of what’s right and wrong. I loved that I could so easily connect the dots between this fantasy world Abby created and the Bible stories I’ve grown up with. The characters are nicely developed in a way that re ...more
Nikki Lutz
For a first time author, I loved this book. The story arc was good, the plot was enticing, the character's were incredibly developed. It was really good. I really grew attached to the characters and that's what I think makes this book so good.

The dialogue was stiff at points and sometimes it was a bit wordy, but even those didn't impact the overall quality of the book.

Can't wait to read more.
Robyn Ryan
This book was awesome. I started reading this and didn't want to put it down. I just had to find out what was going on with Elon. She is my favorite character in this book. Can't wait for the next one to come out.

Keep up the good work. Waiting for more.
Dakota Johannsen
this book is different than what i uselly read and i loved it.
Ally
Ally marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Allen Schutte
Allen Schutte marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Oda
Oda marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Megann
Megann marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Veronika
Veronika marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Becky Wiers
Becky Wiers marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Laura Crean
Laura Crean marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Dustin
Dustin marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Stephanie Shockley
Stephanie Shockley marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Elaina
Elaina added it
Oct 06, 2012
Giu Molina
Giu Molina marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2012
Kaitlynne
Kaitlynne marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Shanese La'tia M
Shanese La'tia M marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Denise Madagan
Denise Madagan is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Abby Ryan started the Light and Dark Chronicles when she was eight-years-old and finally wrote Orphan of the Shadowsas a sophomore in high school. Abby resides in Sumner, Iowa.

In the future she wants to learn Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and French, go on missions, become a movie producer, a music video director, and an illustrator. Time will only tell, and God can only guide.

More about Abby Ryan...
The Black Trinity Orphan of the Shadows (The Light and Dark Chronicles)