Start by marking “Drawing for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Drawing for Dummies

Drawing for Dummies

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The fast and easy way to learn to drawDrawing can enrich your life in extraordinary and unexpected ways. Drawing your everyday experiences can change how you and others see the world, while drawing from your imagination can give rise to fantastic new worlds. And, despite what you may believe, it's something just about anyone can learn to do.

"Drawing For Dummies" offers you
Published January 25th 2011 by For Dummies (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Drawing for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drawing for Dummies

Autumn
Not Very Helpful or Inspiring. If you have average drawing ability and are ready to see dramatic improvement in your drawing, or if you are at a point in your life where you feel driven to create and dedicate yourself to learning how to draw, put this book down and read Betty Edward’s "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain” instead. If you're just looking for an overview of drawing portraits or caricatures, or if you want to learn how to shade with hatching or crosshatching, "Drawing for Dummi ...more
Apryl Anderson
The exercises were a bit remedial, but that's obviously what I needed. This was excellent for self-teaching; no instructor required. She comes with the purchase--AND she keeps her website current for further study!
Shiloh
It's a good book if you are looking to improve or begin drawing skills, however I wasn't impressed with the constant style setting. There was no mix up of drawing styles it kept to the basic realistic, still life, ect.. Over all it was fun to do the activities however I wouldn't recommend to someone who is looking to expand there drawing styles.
Kay
I was looking for a basic good introduction to drawing. I think this book did that.
Chris Bridges
Great book for anyone wanting to learn to draw. It takes you through step by step. I borrowed this from the library and will now be buying it
Saxie5
This book should be called Drawing for People Who Have Somewhat of a Clue. This book is not for beginners.
Although the author made some good points and gave some good advice, she seems to forget that not everyone has been drawing for years. For example, the section on shading needs to be "dumbed down" a bit.
Brenda Hoddinott
This is my very first book and I really enjoyed both writing and creating the over 400 illustrations.
Natashya KitchenPuppies
A decent book on drawing, a little less exciting than some of the other intro to arts books.
R. Geivett
With the many excellent alternatives within reach, there's little reason to turn to this guidebook.
Anita
Great book for anyone who wants to learn how to draw.
Fostergrants
Jan 17, 2009 Fostergrants marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
i know I KNOW! but the library had slim pickings today!
Patricia
Now I just need to finish my Peacock drawing :-P
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Skylar
Skylar marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Alaska
Alaska marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Evie J
Evie J marked it as to-read
Ceshia
Ceshia marked it as to-read
John F.
John F. marked it as to-read
Hermel
Hermel added it
Jun 22, 2015
Fran Barreto
Fran Barreto marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Mohd Ayan
Mohd Ayan marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Rae Massey
Rae Massey marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
James Root
James Root marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Irokat
Irokat marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Fatemeh Pirqadam
Fatemeh Pirqadam is currently reading it
May 29, 2015
Courtney Ireland
Courtney Ireland marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
  • Copyediting & Proofreading for Dummies
  • Genealogy Online for Dummies
  • Genetics For Dummies
  • Spanish for Dummies
  • Stress Management for Dummies.
  • Borderline Personality Disorder for Dummies
  • Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies
  • Guitar For Dummies
  • Gardening For Dummies
  • Logic For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science))
  • Shakespeare for Dummies
  • Cooking For Dummies
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Drawing People Illustrated Squirkle Value Scales: drawspace module 3.1.A5 Transfer an Image to Drawing Paper: drawspace module 1.2.A5 Eye on Melissa: drawspace module 6.1.A22 Photorealistic Portrait of Karin: drawspace module 6.3.R3