Start by marking “The Daily Drucker” as Want to Read:
The Daily Drucker

The Daily Drucker

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  462 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Revered management thinker Peter F. Drucker is our trusted guide in this thoughtful, day-by-day companion that offers his penetrating and practical wisdom. Amid the multiple pressures of our daily work lives, The Daily Drucker provides the inspiration and advice to meet the many challenges we face. With his trademark clarity, vision, and humanity, Drucker sets out his idea ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published October 26th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Daily Drucker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Daily Drucker

Ray Evangelista
Jul 21, 2012 Ray Evangelista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
supposedly bought for my Ate Milady, but I instead owned for myself, since it will be of far use to my needs now
Bahadir
Mar 17, 2014 Bahadir rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are many inspiring ideas.. Strictly recommended
Raghda
Feb 28, 2014 Raghda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply not for anyone to read only for those who are business oriented. It is highly recommended for managers, CEOs, and people who have a managerial position or waiting and preparing for a managerial position. I believe it will be on my to read list after 5 or 10 years from now so I can be fully interested and enjoy it more.
Dave
Feb 28, 2014 Dave rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There isn't really anything bad to say about this book. If you are in business, own a business, think about getting better at your job...or any of the above, this is a must read. Its a daily devotional of business. It covers all of Peter Drucker's career, so you get early thinking and later thinking...really useful!
Adam Wiggins
May 12, 2012 Adam Wiggins rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up
Solid business wisdom, packaged into very brief (~2 page) sections. The format is unfortunate, however, since it prevents the author from going very deep on any topic or providing any concrete examples.

Some quotes:

"Virtually no program or activity will perform effectively for a long time without modification and redesign. Eventually every activity becomes obsolete. [...] The inability to stop doing anything is the central disease of government."

"The task of management is to make people capable o
John
Mar 15, 2014 John rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Basically just skimmed through this one. He was brilliant. But only some of it stuck to me.
Hatem
Oct 16, 2014 Hatem marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My favorite reference in Management..
Hojimahmad
Oct 01, 2014 Hojimahmad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome.
Ben Wood
May 30, 2011 Ben Wood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work
I find some of the days entries more insightful than others, but there are a number of provocative thoughts shared all throughout. Well worth the read, a good--albeit light--compendium of Drucker's vast array of articles and books.

See pages p. 16,17, origins of feedback p. 26, 27, 38,39, 43, 44, reinventing govnmt p 54, 58, knowledge worker productivity p. 157, 158, individual dvlpmnt p. 177

stopped on Jun 9th.
Jeff Scott
This is a good combination of Drucker's best books, but they are just snippets. It takes a page from one of his books and puts it in a sound bite. That seems fine if you need an introduction, but not as useful. I read the Effective Executive before this and found it much more useful. Many of the passages from that book go into Daily Drucker. It was a bit redundant for me as a result.
Sean
Sep 14, 2010 Sean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant tidbits with interesting examples, suggestions for action, and references to books and articles he wrote. I'm sure his books are more helpful but there's enough content for each day to get the reader thinking and help them find more information (and sell him/her another book!).
Kim
Jan 29, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, academic
Leadership and Organization Behavior... very interesting course as I never thought there would be an academic study on leadership. Very helpful as things that seem obvious come into a different light with words/sentences that I would not have thought off on my own.
David Lau
Aug 05, 2009 David Lau rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great breakfast table or late night read. Each passage is a short one minute read. Allow plenty of time for reflection and a couple re-reads. Drucker's insights are great for 5-10 minute brainstorming, discussion, and inspiration sessions.
Mujib Burahman
Nov 26, 2008 Mujib Burahman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You jot everything down for the rest 365 days (a year) and bonus 1 day :)
Watta write you have sir. Nothing else to say ohter than Magnificant Work form magnificant Modern Management founding father ....
Barry
Oct 02, 2008 Barry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
You need to buy it and use it as intended as a collection of daily readings. It does look like thought provoking collection of reflections on management and leadership.
Dr.  Rae Baum
Jul 20, 2012 Dr. Rae Baum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This masterpiece is being read on a daily basis for inspiration, and motivation to share with clients, colleagues, family, fans, and friends!
Arnie
Aug 04, 2013 Arnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good tidbits of Drucker's thoughts. Each small article comes with a short action idea. And each is an invitation to read him in greater depth.
Kristin Hatch
Feb 23, 2010 Kristin Hatch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like that I have a source of thought provoking management ideas. And when I am not in the business mood or mode, this helps.
Joel
Aug 20, 2007 Joel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Daily bits of Drucker's wisdom and insight. Nice and digestable. Anyone with any interest in biz or management must read Drucker
Lori Grant
A must-read book by Peter Drucker on management for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
denise
Nov 23, 2010 denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up
I tried, I truly did. Too much work and no play. I don't think I'm ready for that much business.
Mckinley
Skimmed through - is what is sounds like. Short statements to reflect on for every day of the year.
Jayendra
Oct 31, 2013 Jayendra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LIKE FABLES ITS ONE PAGE READING AND CONCLUDING WITH MEANINGFUL ADVICE BY LEGENDARY PETER DRUCKER
Mark Polino
Nov 19, 2011 Mark Polino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2011
Everytime I reread this I find new things I missed.
Rosemel
Mar 31, 2008 Keith Diehl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Business folks
Fun daily.
Zibusiso Masuku
Zibusiso Masuku marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Jim McMicken
Jim McMicken rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Mimi Svedova
Mimi Svedova rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
  • The Art of Woo: Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Ideas
  • The 100 Simple Secrets of Successful People
  • The Future of Management
  • Jack Welch & The G.E. Way: Management Insights and Leadership Secrets of the Legendary CEO
  • The New Leaders: Transforming The Art Of Leadership Into The Science Of Results
  • Resonant Leadership: Renewing Yourself and Connecting with Others Through Mindfulness, Hope and Compassion
  • Inside Drucker's Brain
  • Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It: No Schedules, No Meetings, No Joke--the Simple Change That Can Make Your Job Terrific
  • Good Business: Leadership, Flow, and the Making of Meaning
  • The Leader's Handbook
  • How Did That Happen?: Holding People Accountable for Results the Positive, Principled Way
  • Thriving on Chaos: Handbook for a Management Revolution
  • The Fifth Discipline Fieldbook: Strategies and Tools for Building a Learning Organization
  • The 8th Habit Personal Workbook: Strategies to Take You from Effectiveness to Greatness
  • Becoming a Resonant Leader: Develop Your Emotional Intelligence, Renew Your Relationships, Sustain Your Effectiveness
  • Executive Toughness: The Mental-Training Program to Increase Your Leadership Performance
  • The Heart of a Leader
  • Winning: The Answers: Confronting 74 of the Toughest Questions in Business Today
12008
Peter Ferdinand Drucker was a writer, management consultant and university professor. His writing focused on management-related literature. Peter Drucker made famous the term knowledge worker and is thought to have unknowingly ushered in the knowledge economy, which effectively challenges Karl Marx's world-view of the political economy. George Orwell credits Peter Drucker as one of the only writer ...more
More about Peter F. Drucker...

“As a rule, theory does not precede practice. Its role is to structure and codify already proven practice. Its role is to convert the isolated and “atypical” from exception to “rule” and “system,” and therefore into something that can be learned and taught and, above all, into something that can be generally applied.” 1 likes
“In the Next Society’s corporation, top management will be the company. Everything else can be outsourced.” 1 likes