Start by marking “The Daily Drucker” as Want to Read:
The Daily Drucker

The Daily Drucker

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  382 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Revered management thinker Peter F. Drucker is our trusted guide in this thoughtful, day-by-day companion that offers his penetrating and practical wisdom. Amid the multiple pressures of our daily work lives, The Daily Drucker provides the inspiration and advice to meet the many challenges we face. With his trademark clarity, vision, and humanity, Drucker sets out his idea ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published October 26th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Daily Drucker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Daily Drucker

Ray Evangelista
supposedly bought for my Ate Milady, but I instead owned for myself, since it will be of far use to my needs now
Bahadir
There are many inspiring ideas.. Strictly recommended
Dave
There isn't really anything bad to say about this book. If you are in business, own a business, think about getting better at your job...or any of the above, this is a must read. Its a daily devotional of business. It covers all of Peter Drucker's career, so you get early thinking and later thinking...really useful!
Raghda
Simply not for anyone to read only for those who are business oriented. It is highly recommended for managers, CEOs, and people who have a managerial position or waiting and preparing for a managerial position. I believe it will be on my to read list after 5 or 10 years from now so I can be fully interested and enjoy it more.
Adam Wiggins
Solid business wisdom, packaged into very brief (~2 page) sections. The format is unfortunate, however, since it prevents the author from going very deep on any topic or providing any concrete examples.

Some quotes:

"Virtually no program or activity will perform effectively for a long time without modification and redesign. Eventually every activity becomes obsolete. [...] The inability to stop doing anything is the central disease of government."

"The task of management is to make people capable o
John
Basically just skimmed through this one. He was brilliant. But only some of it stuck to me.
Hatem
Oct 16, 2014 Hatem marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My favorite reference in Management..
Hojimahmad
This book was awesome.
Ben Wood
I find some of the days entries more insightful than others, but there are a number of provocative thoughts shared all throughout. Well worth the read, a good--albeit light--compendium of Drucker's vast array of articles and books.

See pages p. 16,17, origins of feedback p. 26, 27, 38,39, 43, 44, reinventing govnmt p 54, 58, knowledge worker productivity p. 157, 158, individual dvlpmnt p. 177

stopped on Jun 9th.
Jeff Scott
This is a good combination of Drucker's best books, but they are just snippets. It takes a page from one of his books and puts it in a sound bite. That seems fine if you need an introduction, but not as useful. I read the Effective Executive before this and found it much more useful. Many of the passages from that book go into Daily Drucker. It was a bit redundant for me as a result.
Sean
Brilliant tidbits with interesting examples, suggestions for action, and references to books and articles he wrote. I'm sure his books are more helpful but there's enough content for each day to get the reader thinking and help them find more information (and sell him/her another book!).
Kim
Leadership and Organization Behavior... very interesting course as I never thought there would be an academic study on leadership. Very helpful as things that seem obvious come into a different light with words/sentences that I would not have thought off on my own.
David Lau
A great breakfast table or late night read. Each passage is a short one minute read. Allow plenty of time for reflection and a couple re-reads. Drucker's insights are great for 5-10 minute brainstorming, discussion, and inspiration sessions.
Mujib Burahman
You jot everything down for the rest 365 days (a year) and bonus 1 day :)
Watta write you have sir. Nothing else to say ohter than Magnificant Work form magnificant Modern Management founding father ....
Barry
You need to buy it and use it as intended as a collection of daily readings. It does look like thought provoking collection of reflections on management and leadership.
Dr.  Rae Baum
This masterpiece is being read on a daily basis for inspiration, and motivation to share with clients, colleagues, family, fans, and friends!
Arnie
Good tidbits of Drucker's thoughts. Each small article comes with a short action idea. And each is an invitation to read him in greater depth.
Kristin Hatch
I like that I have a source of thought provoking management ideas. And when I am not in the business mood or mode, this helps.
Joel
Daily bits of Drucker's wisdom and insight. Nice and digestable. Anyone with any interest in biz or management must read Drucker
Lori Grant
A must-read book by Peter Drucker on management for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
denise
I tried, I truly did. Too much work and no play. I don't think I'm ready for that much business.
Mckinley
Skimmed through - is what is sounds like. Short statements to reflect on for every day of the year.
Jayendra
LIKE FABLES ITS ONE PAGE READING AND CONCLUDING WITH MEANINGFUL ADVICE BY LEGENDARY PETER DRUCKER
Mark Polino
Everytime I reread this I find new things I missed.
Keith Diehl
Mar 31, 2008 Keith Diehl rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Business folks
Fun daily.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Ricardo Sevilla
Ricardo Sevilla marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Marc
Marc marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
  • The Future of Management
  • Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It: No Schedules, No Meetings, No Joke--the Simple Change That Can Make Your Job Terrific
  • Jack Welch & The G.E. Way: Management Insights and Leadership Secrets of the Legendary CEO
  • Inside Drucker's Brain
  • The New Leaders: Transforming The Art Of Leadership Into The Science Of Results
  • The Art of Woo: Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Ideas
  • How Did That Happen?: Holding People Accountable for Results the Positive, Principled Way
  • The 100 Simple Secrets of Successful People
  • Good Business: Leadership, Flow, and the Making of Meaning
  • Thriving on Chaos: Handbook for a Management Revolution
  • The Fifth Discipline Fieldbook: Strategies and Tools for Building a Learning Organization
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships, and a Stronger Bottom Line
  • Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
  • How the Way We Talk Can Change the Way We Work: Seven Languages for Transformation
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • Maxwell 3-In1 Special Edition: The Winning Attitude, Developing the Leaders Around You, Becoming a Person of Influence
12008
Peter Ferdinand Drucker was a writer, management consultant and university professor. His writing focused on management-related literature. Peter Drucker made famous the term knowledge worker and is thought to have unknowingly ushered in the knowledge economy, which effectively challenges Karl Marx's world-view of the political economy. George Orwell credits Peter Drucker as one of the only writer ...more
More about Peter F. Drucker...
The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done The Essential Drucker Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Practice and Principles Managing Oneself The Practice of Management

“I consider myself a “social ecologist,” concerned with man’s man-made environment the way the natural ecologist studies the biological environment.....the discipline itself boasts an old and distinguished lineage. Its greatest document is Alexis de Tocqueville’s Democracy in America. But no one is as close to me in temperament, concepts, and approach as the mid-Victorian Englishman Walter Bagehot. Living (as I have) in an age of great social change, Bagehot first saw the emergence of new institutions: civil service and cabinet government, as cores of a functioning democracy, and banking as the center of a functioning economy. A hundred years after Bagehot, I was first to identify management as the new social institution of the emerging society of organizations and, a little later, to spot the emergence of knowledge as the new central resource, and knowledge workers as the new ruling class of a society that is not only “postindustrial” but postsocialist and, increasingly, post-capitalist. As it had been for Bagehot, for me too the tension between the need for continuity and the need for innovation and change was central to society and civilization.” 1 likes
“As a rule, theory does not precede practice. Its role is to structure and codify already proven practice. Its role is to convert the isolated and “atypical” from exception to “rule” and “system,” and therefore into something that can be learned and taught and, above all, into something that can be generally applied.” 0 likes