Start by marking “Names I Call My Sister: Stories” as Want to Read:
Names I Call My Sister: Stories

Names I Call My Sister: Stories

Four stories of sisterhood—the bonds, the wars, the frustrations, the love—seasoned with hot Latin spice!

Those "Wild Orihuela Girls," Dori and her sister Sela, intend to live up to their reputation—and more!—in order to give their snooty sister-in-law-to-be exactly what she deserves on her wedding day . . . Till Death Do Us Part by Mary Castillo

Anita Suarez is only seeking
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Names I Call My Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Names I Call My Sister

Mary
Aug 03, 2007 Mary added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women with sisters or friends they wish were their sisters!
From Mary:

Thanks for checking out Names I Call My Sister! Many of you have emailed and tweeted if I'd write a sequel to "Till Death Do Us Part." Well, I did!

It's called Lost in the Light and is now available in print or e-book at Lost in the Light

In the mean tine, here are Reader Reviews from HarperCollins' FirstLook program where readers are treated to Advanced Reading Editions of Names I Call My Sister!

» “What's not to love about a book that begins with a story about a gun-toting ‘packed’ gra
Keris
Dec 21, 2007 Keris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Names I Call My Sister had two strikes against it when I picked it up for review. First, it isn't a novel, it's four novellas, and I am notoriously impatient when it comes to short fiction, and secondly, the cover is a little dull. Which is a real shame, because the quick-fire, funny reads inside are anything but.

The novellas are linked by the theme of sisterhood, and cover topics such as sharing secrets, running away from your husband (briefly), and S&M (not as naughty as it sounds, apparen
Meredith
Mar 08, 2008 Meredith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed with this book. From the title and the cover I didn't think it was just going to be sex stories. I don't have anything against this kind of fiction, but it's not my cup of tea.

The writing isn't great, and some of the stories just aren't interesting or are completely predictable (the first two especially). This is just quick read mass-market junk.

I wish I wasn't the type of person who has to finish what they start reading.
Joanne
Jul 18, 2007 Joanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chick or Chica Lit readers
Shelves: chicklitfiction
This was ok. I think part of my problem with the book is that I don't really like short story anthologies because just when I start to get attached to the characters, the story ends. The authors are all gifted writers, I just wish there were more story.
Abby
Mar 29, 2011 Abby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, chicklit
Four very different stories about sisterhood, with much more drama than my sisters and I have. A couple of them have some adult material in them.
Amy
Jul 16, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I only read half of the short stories because although they were interesting, the end of each story was disappointing.
Mary
Jan 10, 2013 Mary added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm the author of this book and I loved the time I spent with Dori, Sela and Grammy. Dori and Grammy continue their adventures in Lost in the Light.
Gina
Oct 07, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining. Just a plain old feel good read. Four stories about different sister relationship with interesting scenarios and story lines. Very enjoyable.
Jenna
Jenna rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2009
Unica Martinez
Unica Martinez rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2011
Wendy
Wendy rated it did not like it
Aug 27, 2010
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2009
Terri
Terri rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2008
Virginia
Virginia rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Juliet
Juliet rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2013
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2012
Unica Martinez
Unica Martinez rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Melissa Fernandez
Lynda Sandoval's story was my favorite.
Sue Kundrath
Sue Kundrath rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Selina
Selina rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2007
Sascha Broich
Sascha Broich rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Ixta
Ixta rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2011
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2008
Carinareyes123
Carinareyes123 rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2009
Velocity6
Velocity6 rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2011
Nicole E
Nicole E rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2011
Adriana
Adriana rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Niki Burnham
Niki Burnham rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2008
Tawana
Tawana rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2008
Mary Castillo's novels have turned romance and mystery readers into dedicated fans. She is the author of The Dori O. Paranormal Mysteries starting with Lost in the Light and Girl in the Mist. Her romantic comedies include Switchcraft, In Between Men and Hot Tamara and novellas featured in the anthologies, Orange County Noir, Names I Call My Sister and Friday Night Chicas.
More about Mary Castillo...