Start by marking “Promoted to Wife?” as Want to Read:
Promoted to Wife?

Promoted to Wife?

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  18 reviews

Running a multibillion-dollar company meant long hours for Zac Prescott. Thankfully, his efficient assistant made the workload almost bearable. Theirs was a strictly professional relationship...until the night Emily Reynolds finally let her hair down. And the tycoon took full advantage by stealing a kiss.
Suddenly, all Zac could concentrate on was his once plain-Jane secre
Published March 1st 2011 by Silhouette Desire

To ask other readers questions about Promoted to Wife?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promoted to Wife?

karen
to whom it may concern:

please excuse emily from work today. she has so many physical ailments, i felt it was best to put her to bed immediately. among her complaints are: flushed thighs, racing blood, loss/faltering of breath, redness of cheeks, melting bones, burning skin, racing pulse, and "explosions." using webmd.com, i have concluded she has either a panic disorder, a snake bite, dermatitis, or herpes simplex. at any rate, i felt it was best to keep her home, away from zac, in whose presenc
Eh?Eh!
Rbrs #11

I'm glad the title has a question mark at the end, because what the heck kind of message would it have without that little squiggle of doubt (or even worse, if it had been an exclamation point). I was once talking to a coworker's wife about the rough work week that was happening, and she casually tossed out that all I'd have to do was get married and then I wouldn't have to work at all. I didn't know what to say to that and suppressed my immediate urge to vent a spittle-filled "pssh" of
Brad
Apr 15, 2011 Brad rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manny and his Maiden Aunts
I take whatever book I am reading with me wherever I go, so it was inevitable that someone was going to catch me reading Promoted to Wife? in public. It just happened to be at our local grocery store. I am well known there because I cook for our family every night, and I love fresh produce and ingredients. I am at the store daily. So when Diane, one of the cashiers, saw me reading Promoted to Wife?, she was quite happy to tease me, and I took it with good grace. But as I walked away, she said, “ ...more
j
Apr 28, 2011 j rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the underemployed
Recommended to j by: RBRS
Oy, Emily!
April 28, 2011

Emily Prescott is a professional life coach with a degree from Queensland University. She is also the wife of billionaire real estate and technology magnate Zac Prescott.

Write to Oy, Emily! at louboutinsandsweatpants@lifecoachpro.com.au.

Oy, all of you readers out there. It has been a very busy week for me -- Zac has been running all over Sydney, visiting his condominium projects. Let me tell you, I could do without all these reporters asking us about empty residences and
Miriam
As a romantic fantasy the affair-with-the-boss is at once more and less understandable than most formulas of the genre. On the one hand, it is relatively plausible -- many women work, and most workers at some point have bosses, and people do have workplace romances. You are a lot more likely to be groped by a supervisor than carried off by a sheik. On the other hand, rendering this scenario romantic seems a bit difficult. Of course being ravished by raiders of whatever ilk (pirates, sheiks, feud ...more
Emily
Zac Prescott knows there is more to his assitant Emily Reynolds, than she lets show. With her dowdy clothes, pinned up hair, and glasses that often fall down her nose, Zac wants to uncover the true Emily.

Emily has always been attracted to her boss, but her past has proven that if she wants to be take seriously in the work place she has to down play her looks. When a kiss exposes the passion behind her facade, Zac comes up with a plan of a seduction even if his seducee is bieng difficult.

Fun read
Liz
While this romance followed a pretty standard format, it really didn't flick my switch. The heroine had huge self-esteem issues, and this, coupled with the huge power imbalance of having a relationship with her boss, made it seem more like a 50s pairing than a 2011 one. Emily seemed to have a few control issues as well, needing complete control over all aspects of her life, but then strangely unable to control herself around her boss, Zac. Either start a relationship or don't; don't just dither ...more
Helen
This story had me enthralled from the start a story filled with passion and emotion as the Alpha hero Zac and Emily find their way to a HEA. Lots of wonderful gifts (such shoes) it gave me hours of reading pleasure
Thanks Paula for another fantastic story
Stephany
Actually a pretty decent read, for a Harlequin novel! The writing was good, the characters were well-formed, and the plot was interesting and moved along well. I'll definitely be checking out more books from this author.
Ladyacct
Really liked this book, it was a fresh tale on the PA/Boss scenario. Will pick up this author's book and check it out in future. Will also try to find the back list and check those out.
Harlequin Books
News Update!: Always powerful, passionate and provocative. Starting with April titles, Silhouette Desire books will be published as Harlequin Desire.
Shone
Jun 02, 2011 Shone rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
Enjoy the travel to Sewwden and Australia. Lack of communication and secrets will cause problems.
Paige
After kissing her drunk boss, Emily Reynolds quits via email. When persistent knocking erupts at her door, she finds said boss, Zac Prescott demanding to know why she quit.

Although he doesn't reveal it, Zac remembers every sort second of that kiss. The kiss that woke him up. Zac is known to love many women, but no woman has ever gotten his attention like his assistant. The assistant that handles all his day to day needs. The one he's never truly seen before.

When she tells him she's going back t
Meetu
Not too bad if you could subtract the steam in the book. Like one reader said the heroine was all about control except around the hero where it was loads of sex.
Kim
This was the first book of Paula roe's that I've had the pleasure to read. I will definitely be watching for more from her. I loved her style.
Nenna
Are books becoming a bore to me? Or was this just THAT boring? Another Harlequin rushed job.
Meagan Catherine
Pretty good but not the most exciting read.
Elizabeth Turner
Elizabeth Turner marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Kimberley
Kimberley marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Gabey H
Gabey H marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Elle Reid
Elle Reid is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Jizzle Joyce
Jizzle Joyce marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • One Night with Prince Charming (Aristocratic Grooms, #2)
  • His Heir, Her Honor (Rich, Rugged And Royal #3)
  • The Billionaire Gets His Way
  • The CEO's Accidental Bride
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover #1)
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover #2)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • The Secretary's Bossman Bargain
  • The Last Lone Wolf
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover #3)
  • Bargained Into Her Boss's Bed  (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills, #4)
  • To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • Money Man's Fiancee Negotiation (Kings of the Boardroom #4)
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
  • Desert Rogues Part 2
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons #2)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
A former PA, office manager, software trainer and aerobics instructor, Paula Roe now writes for Harlequin Enterprises, the biggest romance publisher in the world. Harlequin books go out to over 28 countries and translated into 28 languages in 114 international markets on six continents.

When she's not writing, Paula is designing websites, wrangling a teenager, coping with her Twitter and stationer
More about Paula Roe...
The Billionaire Baby Bombshell Suddenly Expecting Boardrooms & A Billionaire Heir (Diamonds Down Under, #5) (Silhouette Desire) The Pregnancy Plot A Precious Inheritance (The Highest Bidder #4)