Start by marking “Moon Living Abroad in Costa Rica” as Want to Read:
Moon Living Abroad in Costa Rica

Moon Living Abroad in Costa Rica

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Erin Van Rheenen has made the move to Costa Rica herself, and in Moon Living Abroad Costa Rica, she uses her know-how to provide insight and firsthand advice on navigating the language and culture of this beautiful country. Erin outlines all the information you need — including how to obtain visas, arrange finances, set up your daily life, gain employment, and choose schoo

Published October 5th 2010 by Avalon Travel Publishing (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Living Abroad in Costa Rica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Living Abroad in Costa Rica

David
Pretty much anything I read comes from the Peace Corps library in the volunteer lounge at the office, and so did this book. I grabbed it because I thought I could give it to the expat who lives in my town. I don’t think he’ll like this one since this seems to be geared to retirees with more money, people who build dream homes on the beach, stuff like that. Anyways, the book wasn’t really useful for me but it wasn’t horrible either. It seems geared for artsy fartsier folks who have money to retir ...more
George
Great guide for prospective ex-pats.
Hedgebrook
Synopsis:
Author Erin Van Rheenen left her life as a guidebook editor in the San Francisco Bay Area to make a home abroad in Costa Rica. Now she invites readers to visit the beautiful and fertile Meseta Central, the endless beaches of Guanacaste, and the wildlife-filled south Pacific coast to enjoy the best the country has to offer.
Luisa
Somewhat helpful, but not so much for those who already have jobs and housing lined up. This was more geared towards those who have just begun to think about moving to Costa Rica and are still in the beginning stages of planning where to live, what to do once there, etc.
Laurie
I'm not actually planning on living full time in Costa Rica, but this is also a great book for those who want to learn more about the country. I've traveled to CR often but still learned more about day to day living and the laws and culture of the country from this book.
Beverly
Lot's of useful information except for the part about bringing traveler's checks. Banks don't want to cash them since they've become a popular way to launder money.
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Brenna
Brenna added it
Feb 12, 2014
Jessica Ramos
Jessica Ramos marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014