Start by marking “Saiyuki Reload, Volume 8 (Saiyuki Reload)” as Want to Read:
Saiyuki Reload, Volume 8 (Saiyuki Reload)

Saiyuki Reload, Volume 8 (Saiyuki universe #17)

The bestselling series that has inspired the hit anime from Geneon continues with this eighth volume.
Published June 17th 2008 by TokyoPop (first published June 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Saiyuki Reload, Volume 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saiyuki Reload, Volume 8

Miss Ryoko
Jun 03, 2009 Miss Ryoko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The side story of this volume is more about politics than anything. And even in today's world, the message speaks volumes. I'm not a big fan of the split, but I do however like how Minekura-sama had Sanazo and Hazel practically right next to the other guys in the two different worlds, yet each party was fighting for the same thing. And whether Minekura-sama intended it or not, there is a TON of symbolism in this volume that I really like.

That aside, I think my other favorite part of this volume
Jody Mena
Aug 02, 2011 Jody Mena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I will never get enough of this series! When did Goku get so grown up? His tragic, star-crossed romance with that youkai girl (whose name escapes me at the moment) was all that much more moving because it was naive Goku. I nearly cried when she kissed him and then left him lying on the ground while she rode off to die. It was just classic, with the great twist that it was the woman riding off to war. I also can't get enough of Hazel, he's so adorable and sinister - who could resist such a combin ...more
Emily G
Aug 25, 2014 Emily G rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, action, books-2014
In this volume, Hakkai, Goku and Gojyo end up in a youkai village that is desperately short of water because the nearby oasis is in a human village that is heavily fortified. Yep, you've guessed it! Sanzo, Hazel and Gat end at the human village. I don't want to ruin the storyline so I'll just say that the humans see an opportunity to use their guests to get rid of the youkai menace but things do not go according to their plan.

Why five stars? Because Goku in love for the first time was just too c
Leila Anani
Continuation of the "Even a Worm" arc. Goku, Hakkai and Gojyo are staying in a Youkai village whilst Sanzo, Hazel and Gat are staying in a human village on the other side of the mountain. Trouble arises when both villages compete for the same source of water. Hazel is manipulated into shooting a youkai and sparks off a war. Tensions are high in this one and it's much more philosophical than other volumes.

Art to the same high standard as the rest of the series. A delight from start to finish.
Tifa
Oct 03, 2014 Tifa rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful volume in the series that finally gives us a look at things from the youkai perspective. It's a beautifully told and drawn story, and it makes me tear up at one point. Goku, especially, gets some personal growth here, and Sanzo makes some interesting observations. The two little bonus chapters at the end are pure gold, too.
Joy
Aug 10, 2008 Joy rated it really liked it
Emily
Mar 04, 2015 Emily rated it liked it
Laura rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Brian Hussey
Brian Hussey rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Caeseria
Caeseria rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2010
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2011
Crystal Columbine
Crystal Columbine rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Ren
Ren rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Astri
Astri rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2009
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2014
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
May 10, 2013
Catarina
Catarina rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Alyssa Rye
Alyssa Rye rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2015
carotid
carotid rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Bernice Ann delos Reyes
Bernice Ann delos Reyes rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
The other Sandy
The other Sandy rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2009
Désirée
Désirée rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2014
Kay
Kay rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2010
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Yuri Kanzaki
Yuri Kanzaki rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2013
Naya
Naya rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2011
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2013
Echo
Echo rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Fake, Volume 06
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 3
  • Loveless 4
  • Rabbit Man, Tiger Man 1
  • tactics, Volume 2
  • Black Rose Alice, Tome 1 (Black Rose Alice #1)
  • Kizuna Deluxe Edition, Volume 01
  • Hikaru no Go, Vol. 6: The Insei Exam (Hikaru no Go, #6)
  • Cantarella, Volume 9
Kazuya Minekura (峰倉かずや Minekura Kazuya, born March 23, 1975) is a Japanese manga artist most known for the Saiyuki series. Her other manga series include Wild Adapter, Shiritsu Araiso Koto Gakko Seitokai Shikkobu (Araiso Private School Student Council Executive Committee), and Stigma. Stigma is notable for being a full-color work, unusual as manga is generally drawn in black and white.

She had an
More about Kazuya Minekura...

Saiyuki universe (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Saiyuki Gaiden n. 1