Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 36: Turn Back the Pendulum” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 36: Turn Back the Pendulum

Bleach, Volume 36: Turn Back the Pendulum (Bleach #36)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  3,125 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts--he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow--a malevolent lost soul--Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit!

Fi
Published September 6th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Volume 36, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Volume 36

Sarah Hayes
This is quite possibly the volume of Bleach I've been waiting for all year, because it contains the first half of one of my most favorite story arcs in Bleach so far: the Turn Back The Pendulum flashback arc that looks back at the history of Soul Society and of certain characters like Urahara, Aizen, Gin, Shinji, and the rest of the Vizards. Normally, whole volumes dedicated to nothing but back story drag on and are immensely boring, but not this one. Until this point, readers haven't gotten a g ...more
Sophia F
This volume really revolves around the past of our beloved characters who's history has been kept a secret. I really loved it, because it filled in a lot of gaps, and builds, or at least shows the reader an incident that reveals the hidden hatred and want for revenge (possibly) that will soon come in the World of the Living.
The thing I didn't exactly like was how fast characters came and went, and with someone like me, who has a horrible memory with names and such, I kept forgetting who was who.
Julia Marks
I loved this volume SO much. Young Kisuke and young Byakuya are so awesome!! And Shinji's amazing hair though...XD
Cornerofmadness
Sara
MissAnnThrope
15 December 2012

Friggin phenomenal! I think the best parts in this series are the flashbacks to the Soul Reapers' pasts. Bleach, Volume 36: Turn Back the Pendulum is a treasure trove of Soul Reaper goodness as the entire (Yes! From cover to cover! EEEEEEEEEEEE!) book focuses on the beginnings of many beloved characters from over 100 years ago.

One of the main backstories in this volume is the start of Kisuke Urahara's career as captain of the Twelfth Division. He is one of my favorite character
Taruia
oooh I do like a good backstory. The backstory is an oft used mechanism in manga to secure two main outcomes (a) it gives the reader some 'background' to the main story arc or (b) the story has become convoluted and bogged down and the reader needs waking up, before they really do wake up and move to a different writer. This back story is actually quite good and is better than the story proper. Maybe they'll stick with this for a while. Hopefully.
Bbabri
Most, hogy újraolvastam, rájöttem, hogy tetszik ez a rész. Főleg azért, mert a 100 évvel ezelőtti eseményeket meséli el.
Újdonságot ugyan nem „mondott”, de a cselekmény, a helyszín és a szereplők viszik a pálmát.
Vigyorogva olvastam a Byakuya-s részeket. Amilyen forró vérű volt fiatalon, most annyira jeges.
Yoruichi mindig is a kedvenceim között szerepelt, szóval örültem, hogy itt is felbukkant. Még hozzá kapitányként. Urahara-val kapcsolatban is így érzek.Amilyen hülyének tetteti magát, annyira eg
Maria Kelly
Great volume. Backstory of Shinji Hirako and the rest of the Vizards back when they were Soul Reapers in the Soul Society. Sosuke Aizen's initial treasonous actions, which leads to Shinji and the others becoming Vizards (hollowfied soul reapers). Oh, and Shinji's hair! My goodness!
M. Ashraf
Finally, we get to know the history :) How the Visoreds came to be, the beginning of Aizen plans and Urahara's past... It was very interesting to see all of them in their ranks, and how everything wrapped up at the end, it was GREAT!!!
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
Shaun
I love this mini arc. It explains the origins of so many characters like Kisuke and Shinji. Kubo does a great job with the story.
Ash
Another one that stands out as a favorite. So many questions are answered that ties so much together. Awesome volume.
La Revistería Comics
Tomo 36: El péndulo retrocede. También conocido como "Se te dio vuelta la torta, papáh".
Keyon
I think this book is very actionpacked it was full of various adventures.IN this volume Ichigo fights the Aspadas.Ichigo then is very wounded from his battle with Grimmjow but then nija turn into her old form and fights griwjoww.But then niji loses because when niji was in her little form she was still at her same strenth.While Grimmjow was getting stronger which made Grimmjow have the more advantane.SO IN CONCLUSION Ichigo ends up getting healed by uyru and ends up fighting a new enemy.Who is i ...more
Jorge Lucas
Greeeeeeeeeeeat volume, this is what bleach must be!!
Amazing flashback.
Jeffrey
It's been a while since I've read the last volume and then I suddenly discover that Tite Kubo has begun a flashback arc. As if I weren't lost already.

The good news is that the Flashback arc does provide some explanation for why certain characters exist and where they happen to reside. But it doesn't even entirely answer itself, and that I find annoying/
Softymel
Point de suite dans ce tome-ci, mais un long flash back. On se retrouve donc 110 à 109 ans auparavant, dans la soul society. On en apprend donc un peu plus sur le passé des différents shinigami. On y retrouve notament Aizen avant sa grande trahison.
Un tome intéressant donc, et qui offre une pause agréable au mileu des combats.
Rea K
Flashback volume. It's weird, and I'm so mad that I only grabbed through 36. I need to know what's happening in current time, not that I don't mind seeing the past. Although, it is a nice break from the constant fighting.
Despair Speaking
The past of the Vizards and how pseudo-Arrancar are revealed! It was fun seeing them as Shinigamis and how Urahara became a captain. Shinji and Hiyori's antics were really cute. It was weird seeing Aizen as a vice-captain though.

One of the best volumes of the series!!!
Artemis
Young Byakuya and young Yoruichi as playmates. <3 Young Soifon and young Urahara. KAWAII! All the Vizards. I can't even explain the feeling of watching all these people from 110 years earlier... OMG, especially when knowing what they end up like... O.O
Samantha Sheltrow
I am going on to Bleach book 37. I thought that this Bleach book (36) was special because the author (Tite Kubo) takes the readers back in time. I am rateing this as a 5 star book because this book made me whant to read the next. GO SHINIGAMI!
Nike Linarto
I love to see the history of Gotei 13.. it makes me understand the present relationship of the characters better ^^ So the Vizard were former members of Gotei 13 who had been hollowified by Aizen? What a treacherous person!!
Kallie M
ghostlibrarian
I am very glad that Kubo has finally given us more back story. The visoreds are a very interesting group and it's good to learn more about them.
Kate Mowery
Bleach, I read you in Shonen Jump and then again when the books come out. I love you. I love you. I love you. You continue to be so awesome and fun.
Madkropotkin
One of the coolest volumes ever. The back story of the vizors and how Kisuke became a captain.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 20 Januari 2011.
Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats)
Aug 09, 2015 Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Migandas
We start off this volume with Chapter 315.1: Turn Back the Pendulum.
Jessica
Haha, finally started this back up! :) Still as good as I remember.
  • Naruto, Vol. 31: Final Battle (Naruto, #31)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 23 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #23)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Under the Faraway Sky (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Bleach, Vol. 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
  • Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)
  • Bleach Volume 05: Right Arm of the Giant (Bleach #5)
  • Bleach Volume 06: The Death Trilogy Overture (Bleach #6)
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)
  • Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach #10)
Bleach, Vol. 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1) Bleach Volume 15: Beginning of the Death of Tomorrow (Bleach #15) Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3) Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2) Bleach Volume 14: White Tower Rocks (Bleach #14)