Start by marking “The Future Is The Beginning: The Words and Wisdom of Bob Marley” as Want to Read:
The Future Is The Beginning: The Words and Wisdom of Bob Marley

The Future Is The Beginning: The Words and Wisdom of Bob Marley

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  12 reviews
In this one-of-a-kind collection, edited by Gerald Hausman and with an introduction by Cedella Marley, the words of reggae legend Bob Marley are brought together as a testament to the deeply felt and powerfully motivated sense of spirit of the revered singer-songwriter and performer who helped spread both Jamaican music and the Rastafarian movement across the world.

The tex
Published November 13th 2012 by Crown Archetype (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Future Is The Beginning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Future Is The Beginning

Albert

The Future Is The Beginning: The Words and Wisdom of Bob Marley is a short collection of musings and poetry by Bob Marley. Gerald Hausman, a teacher of creative writing, would take his students to the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, Jamaica. On the second floor in an open room Neville Garrick, a good friend of Bob Marley and visual artist, had wallpapered the room from floor to ceiling with Bob Marley's spoken word.

For years Hausman and his students would study the words of the third worlds first

Peter Wolfley
Bob Marley is a tough one to figure out. On one hand he seems like an inspired holy man and on the other he seems like a crazy stoner. There are a few gems of wisdom in this book like being true to what you believe, promoting peace wherever you are, and not getting caught up in the race for material wealth.

My favorite Bob Marley quote of all time is “Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.” Now that is wisdom.
Kristina
A very shot collection of quotes and musings of the Legendary Bob Marley.

I think HUGE Bob Marley fans will enjoy this collection of quotes and photos, but those (like me) who have just admired his philosophy of peace and tolerance may want to move on to another book.

While I am all-for the philosophies of peace and tolerance, I sometimes didn't feel that coming through in the selected quoted in this book. I guess I also didn't realize how incredibly religious Bob Marley was (admittedly I've nev
Rosebud
I like Bob Marley's music but don't know a lot about him. I don't think I fully understood the meaning of everything in this book. I did get from this that he was a peace-loving man who believed God's most important message to us was to love each other, protect and take care of each other because that is what God wants us to do. He also believed that we come from the same loving God, despite our different cultural and religious practices on earth, and that we are all God's children and that he l ...more
Amy
This was different from what I thought it was going to be when I read the introduction. Still, a good little book with snippets of wisdom. It felt like an appetizer. I want to read a full biography now. I never knew Bob Marley wanted to be a farmer, I like that.

This review is based on an ARC obtained from Goodreads First Reads.
Amanda
I am a HUGE Bob Marley fan, I found the lyrics and poems in this book to be shown as a great appreciation for many things in life, including his religion. I will read this book again, although I dont know if it could be one of those books I would reach for at anytime for fun or cozy-ing up.
Melvina Davis

Won on Goodreads.
Tressa
I read this book and I even got my husband and son to read it! Very interesting and I learned so much more about Bob Marley and gave me a better understanding of the man.
Lynsie
A short little book with lots of quotes from interviews with Bob Marley. A nice compilation of his thoughts.
Patricia Galbani
Incredible mind. Amazing way of seeing the world. Loved it. Everybody should read this. Example of man.
Tiffany
This is an enjoyable read, which truly embraces the love and righteousness that is Bob Marley.
Josiah
Josiah marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Sopa Lian
Sopa Lian marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Stephan King
Stephan King marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Ignacio
Ignacio marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Ariana
Ariana marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Grace Boise
Grace Boise marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Shane Noya
Shane Noya marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Myredliv Sefa
Myredliv Sefa marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Gayle Kelly
Gayle Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Redianne Vincent
Redianne Vincent marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Debbie Eason
Debbie Eason marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Williams
Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Seshi
Seshi marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Lopezbrooks21yahoo.Com
Lopezbrooks21yahoo.Com marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Bhumika Palni
Bhumika Palni marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Jayren Montero
Jayren Montero marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
  • The Sinners
  • Mick Jagger
  • Christmas Cookies 'Round the World
  • One Love
  • Love Him or Leave Him, But Don't Get Stuck With the Tab: Hilarious Advice for Real Women
  • Make Your Own Luck
  • Casting Norma Jeane: A Starlet is Transformed Into Marilyn Monroe
  • The Gift of Stoppage Time
  • Booker T: From Prison to Promise
  • Reduced
  • My Lives
  • Catch a Fire: The Life of Bob Marley
  • Andy's Shock
  • The Dirty Version: On Stage, In the Studio, and In the Streets with Ol' Dirty Bastard
  • The Dead Wrestler Elegies
  • The Lotus Files
  • Book of the Fallen (Requiem, #1)
  • Zero to Five: 70 Essential Parenting Tips Based on Science (and What I've Learned So Far)
Robert "Bob" Nesta Marley OM was a Jamaican singer, songwriter, guitarist, and activist. He was the frontman, lead singer, songwriter and guitarist for the ska, rocksteady and reggae bands: The Wailers (1964 – 1974) and Bob Marley & the Wailers (1974 - 1981). He is the most widely known performer of ska/reggae music, and is often credited for helping spread Jamaican music to the worldwide audi ...more
More about Bob Marley...
Bob Marley - Legend Every Little Thing: Based on the song 'Three Little Birds' by Bob Marley Complete Lyrics of Bob Marley: Songs of Freedom. Guitar Chord Songbook - Bob Marley (Guitar Chord Songbooks) 60 Visions: A Book of Prophecy