Start by marking “The Haunted School” as Want to Read:
The Haunted School

The Haunted School (Goosebumps #59)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  3,847 Ratings  ·  169 Reviews
He's hearing voices . . . from another world! Tommy Frazer's dad just got married. Now Tommy's got a new mom. And he's going to a new school -- Bell Valley Middle School. Tommy doesn't hate school. But it's hard making friends. And his new school is so big, it's easy to get lost. Which is exactly what happens. Tommy gets lost -- lost in a maze of empty classrooms. And that ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Haunted School, please sign up.

Etnik
Jul 29, 2016 Etnik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 FULLY STARS!

Mountain View

This is one of the books that got me into reading.I read this before 7 or 8 years and I still remember it.It was so good and scary.The plot,the characters,everything was new to me and it was a worthy experience.So thank you R.L.Stine for this great book.You surly made my childhood.

Mountain View
Ange
Sep 24, 2013 Ange rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why I decided to read this book: I decided to read this book, because i remember watching this book back in primary, and decided to refresh my memory and read it again!

Which category in the bingo board: This book comes under, the 'short story' category.

Favourite quote: okay, my favourite quote in the book, was pretty much the end of the book:
"Okay Mr. Chameleon, you can take the shot now!"
"Mr. Who?...NO! WAIT!"
FLASH
OMG! this part of the book, had me at the edge of my seat! The main Character "To
Yasamin
Dec 24, 2015 Yasamin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, persian
my only favorite book by R. L. Stine!
and the ending was... really shocking!
I've reread it a few times!
and i actually cried the first time i finished it.
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: The Haunted School
Series: Goosebumps #59
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 4 stars

This is another one of those poignant Goosebumps books from my childhood. I always remember reading this one and not only being creeped out, but also with a touch of nostalgia. I think I liked how the plot kind of wrapped itself and the whole mystery of the story...Why are those statues there? And the sad story behind it, but the fact that they aren't dead.

Really,
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Πιπέρι στη γλώσσα πρέπει να μου βάλει κάποιος, μετά το κράξιμο που έριξα στο πιο πρόσφατα βιβλία της σειράς, ειδικά μετά από αυτό το 4αράκι. Αλλά η αλήθεια είναι πως μου άρεσε. Ήταν ατμοσφαιρικό, σκοτεινό, τρομακτικό στα σημεία και με απειροελάχιστες χιουμοριστικές δόσεις, τόσες όσες έπρεπε να έχει προκειμένου να μην ξεφτιλιστεί το όλο θέμα. Άλλωστε, το σχολικό περιβάλλον πάντα προσφέρεται ως καλός τόπος για την δράση ενός θρίλερ, και ο Stine φαίνεται πως βρήκε τηξ φόρμα του λίγο πριν το τέλος.
Baasil Salman
Jun 10, 2016 Baasil Salman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a memorable read. It develops mystery throughout the story and is definitely a goodread. Unfortunately, i found the ending bad. I do not want to give any spoilers but i just found the climax dull and incomplete. Still, i recommend it for Goosebump fans.
Raleigh F
Aug 23, 2016 Raleigh F rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the haunted school book
Saniya
This was Awesome :D
Liz Marnell
Jun 22, 2009 Liz Marnell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth-fiction
My sister and I loved this book. We re-enacted it for Halloween once!
Isabel Orama
Nov 29, 2014 Isabel Orama rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book that I read today was mostly about a boy named tommy and his two friends Thalia and Ben. Tommy is a new kid in his new middle school. His dad, mom, dog, and him just moved to a new neighborhood a few weeks ago. It's very hard making new friends in his new middle school, until he met Thalia and Ben. These two where the friends that he made in school. When Ben goes to school, the principal announces that there is going to be a dance held in the gym, so tommy, Ben, and Thalia wanted to hel ...more
Michelle Reynoso
Sep 30, 2011 Michelle Reynoso rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Goosebumps installment, The Haunted School is probably one of my favorites in the series so far. But I decided to do something different on this review, and ask my son his thoughts on the book, since we read it together. My son is eight and in third grade. So, what follows are his responses to my questions about the book.

What did you like about the book?
I liked the different colors {one world represented in color and the other only in black & white-Grayworld}. I like how they {Tommy
❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄
After a looonnngggg time, I'm reading Goosebumps again XD
Ahh, Tommy, lets see what tale you have to say!

"Can you imagine what it’s like to suddenly have a new school, a new house, and a new mom?"

Nope.

Go on.

*reading*

"I never realized how creepy a school building can be after everyone has left."
Tell me about it~
I remember once, no..many times I've stayed back in school. And, and it did seem haunted!

*reading*

“Turn, turn.
Turn to gray.
Turn, turn.
Turn to gray.”

Aaand now it seems creepy o.O
A worl
David Martin
Dec 15, 2013 David Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I re-read this in an hour and I remembered the first time I read it.

*Don't judge me, I'm getting kind of sentimental. I was so little :,) *

I was in fifth grade and by that time this story made me so scared I almost pee in my pants. I loved it so much and I looked for that book in every bookstore to buy it (I read it on my school's "library" )and never found it until an hour ago on Google.

I was so excited to see that old friend again! So I started to read it and though I'm not scared I'm really
Michelle

R.L Stine has been my favorite childhood author and even though the book was easy to read didn't mean I didn't enjoy it. In the book Tommy moves into a new school, although he doesn't dislike it he somehow feels odd about it. He hears weird voices at school and doesn't know why and how he hears them. Later on as he hear more it makes him wander where its coming from. Leads him wanting to figure out whats really going on in school. Soon Tommy learns that his school is not what appears to be nor
Emily May
Feb 09, 2011 Emily May rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
One of the more frightening goosebumps books by far. I read this at an age where I was slightly past the acceptable age for reading goosebumps books (maybe 14?) and it still managed to scare me. I think R.L.Stine often tells stories that are a bit too weird to be appreciated in the horror genre, but his Nightmare Hour and Point Horror collections are far better in general than the goosebumps. He tends to build up very scary tension and keep you on the edge of your seat... and then it all comes o ...more
David Santos
Nov 25, 2011 David Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally after 4 or 5 bad goosebumps books I found another one I licked. Yes up until now I've read every Goosebumps book in order, but the titles to them were just terrible and did not grab my attention and I have but a few weeks to read about 30 books. So, sadly I have to be picky.

The title was interesting but at the sane time not very precise. School is not haunted, but in anycase. I cant even describe the book. Let's see, we have a class who is stuck in time and some students stuck in a class
Karl A
Jun 25, 2012 Karl A rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is about a young boy called Tommy Frazer. His Father has recently remarried and they have just moved to a new town. Tommy begins school at Bell Middle School, which at first seems to be a normal school but this all changes. Within the school Tommy begins so hear strange noises. Strange events begin to occur and it becomes apparent that Bell Middle school is no ordinary school.

This book is a good read especially with a class as the children can imagine the school being their own. This
Adriano Pugno
Jul 01, 2016 Adriano Pugno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lo ammetto: non avevo mai letto un libro di Piccoli Brividi. Ho deciso di rimediare con una quindicina d'anni di ritardo per cercare di capire il successo di questa collana.
Togliendo alcune ingenuità nei dialoghi che troppo spesso si trovano nei libri per bambini, quando anche fumetti come Topolino hanno capito che a quell'età non si è completamente cretini, ho trovato il libro spassoso e affascinante. Alla fine di ogni capitolo mi fiondavo subito al successivo, grazie ad una trama piacevolissim
Arisha Salman
Dec 17, 2016 Arisha Salman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went crazy after reading this. This was the second book I read in the series; my mind was blown. Loved every bit of it, it offers you the right amount of suspense and fear and all the elements that you require to be fully spooked out! I'm not even joking this book stayed with me for a long time after I read it, scaring me for many days to come. I even remember the ending-totally epic. Highly recommended for horror lovers!!
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Stephanie Richardson
Great children's mystery book. Read this with my nine year old son for a school report and project. We really liked the suspense and the ending was great!
Sely
Oct 07, 2015 Sely rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not creepy enough for me, but this is fun, Goosebumps always fun!
Skylar Young
I loved it good book
Tera
Apr 21, 2015 Tera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I read this story to my class and they groaned when I would stop reading. Excellent!
Cyrine Benkhoud
this book is amazing i was really scared when i read it
Austin Pavlik
Nov 02, 2016 Austin Pavlik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Goosebumps book The Haunted School is a great book that is worth reading, because it is good. The book is good, because it keeps you interested and is more scary than the other Goosebumps books in the Goosebumps series. There were many good parts in this book. It also consisted of the following genres mystery, adventure and thriller to make it more exciting. It does take a long time for the book to get interesting. There were many different personalities among the characters. So it made the ...more
Madison Henson
Nov 14, 2016 Madison Henson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sound creepy. Tommy gets lost in a maze from school after he help activism with Thalia and Ben for painting in gym.
World without any color, used to being totally in black and white. And not being able to go home or anywhere. Tommy raised hand and rubbed it with the other. He guess he thought maybe he could rub the gray off. His skin felt warm and soft as ever. It didn't feel any different. But the color was gone
Alice  Rose Sea
This book was perfectly entertaining for what it is. An under 150 page book designed for young readers. I bought this book used, planning to donate it, and figured I would read it first. Like I said, it was perfectly entertaining, but not as scary as I remember Goosebumps to be; I guess that's what I get for reading it as an adult!
Pobes
Nov 30, 2016 Pobes rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me by surprised. Judging from the title, I thought it was gonna be about students getting murdered in the past and haunting the school. The photo taking thing was totally unexpected.

"You don't won. Expect the unexpected."
Benji
One of the stronger, more intense works of the series, all the way til the last page.
What's The Name o...: YA book [s] 4 54 Mar 08, 2013 09:09PM
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Suspicion (Animorphs, #24)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)
  • The Awful Apple Orchard (Shivers, #7)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • The Dark Corner (Spooksville, #7)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)