Start by marking “Why Do You Love Me?” as Want to Read:
Why Do You Love Me?

Why Do You Love Me?

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Dear Parents,

This is the first in what will become a series of books designedto suggest subjects worthy of discussion with your children as theymature in their curiosity about important life issues. As adults wethink the way adults do, and we often forget how we thought as children. We have forgotten some of our fears, worries, complaints, and confusions, which were produc
Published April 1st 2001 by HarperTrophy (first published 1999)

Rey Montaño
My dad came home from work one day and mentioned this book. He heard about it on the radio. I had no idea it was a children's book so I went to the bookstore with the intention of giving it to him for his birthday. They handed me this children's book, which I bought anyway. I gave it to him for his birthday and he smiled and said that he asked about it because he wanted to buy it to then give to me. By the way, I was 9 at the time. Good memory. Cute children's book :)
Dolly
Jan 05, 2009 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a nice, short story that reemphasizes what we tell our girls all the time. We may not always like what you do, but we will always love you. The illustrations are cartoon-like and follow the story well. We discussed the emotions that little Sammy expresses throughout the story.
Tara
This is a wonderful book for parent and child to enjoy together! It helps kids to answer the question of "why do you love me?" in a way that is sure to make sense. The illustrations are cute and friendly. This was a lovely story with bits if humor sprinkled in as well!
Katie Lee
This is a great book, enjoyable for every age. It's a great lesson to show children that the don't have to be the best at everything to be loved by their parents. Just simply being themselves and putting forth their best effort is good enough.
Shelli
This book does a great job of explaining why we always love our kids even though we might not always like what they do. Total snuggle up next to your little one and read book.
Kim
Fabulous! Great way to explain why you always love even when children do things that make you sad, and it isn't just because of the good things that they do either.
Linda Costello
A boy asks his mom why she loves him. Great for kids who need to feel loved. Very touching. Her love is always shining on him.
Emily
good book - easy for anyone to relate to - more for younger age. good pictures!
Lori
I love this kids book. i bought it for Makayla's birthday! It is great!
Kristin
Again, very cute and simply put. Why do you love your kid?
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Roxann
Roxann marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Meily Neman
Meily Neman marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Tanya Gotay
Tanya Gotay marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Novak
Novak marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Jenni
Jenni added it
Apr 14, 2014
Morgan Sinclair
Morgan Sinclair marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands Ten Stupid Things Women Do to Mess Up Their Lives The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms Bad Childhood--Good Life: How to Blossom and Thrive in Spite of an Unhappy Childhood