Start by marking “The Inside Guide to the Reading-Writing Classroom, Grades 3-6: Strategies for Extraordinary Teaching” as Want to Read:

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
"These are the tried and true lessons I return to year after year. The lessons that students said made a difference in their writing and that will bring power and beauty to your students' writing and to your writing classroom." -Leslie Blauman, author of The Inside Guide to the Reading-Writing Classroom "What's wrong with a little mentorship?" Leslie Blauman asks. Reap the ...more
Published February 8th 2011 by Heinemann

Be the first to ask a question about The Inside Guide to the Reading-Writing Classroom, Grades 3-6

Virginia
Jul 10, 2011 Virginia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: professional
Excellent resource that gives explicit directions and examples of how to successfully establish reading/writing workshop in your own classroom. Highly readable, and based on research-proven practices. I really appreciate this book!
Sheila
Dec 28, 2011 Sheila rated it really liked it
Great ideas from someone who is actually teaching!
Krystle Marcis
Jun 16, 2016 Krystle Marcis rated it it was amazing
While I'd read bits and pieces of this book before, I hadn't read the whole thing cover to cover. Why did I wait so long??? I love the explicit, purposeful teaching that moves students towards independence. It really meshes with my philosophy of teaching and I can't wait to share the best parts of the book at a PD session for my district next week and then share more with my school in August!
Laura Komos
Aug 05, 2015 Laura Komos rated it really liked it
Leslie Blauman offers a plethora of practical ideas that are grounded in good teaching practices. This book definitely challenged and pushed my thinking.
Mleander23
Jun 24, 2013 Mleander23 rated it it was amazing
An incredible guide to how to implement readers workshop the right way. Great ideas to create a classroom full of learning.
Ktonemah
Ktonemah rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
kathleen
kathleen rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
Lauren
Lauren added it
Feb 05, 2016
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Michel Gautreau
Michel Gautreau is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2015
TThom
TThom rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Melanie Davis
Melanie Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Alyssa Kocher
Alyssa Kocher rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Qldteacher
Qldteacher marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Christy Moore
Christy Moore rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Valinda Kimmel
Valinda Kimmel rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Literacy Tweets
Literacy Tweets rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Jul 26, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
Lindy Wendt
Lindy Wendt marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Scde Literacy
Scde Literacy marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Darian
Darian rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2013