Start by marking “Pink Satin” as Want to Read:
Pink Satin

Pink Satin

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  12 reviews
With the figure of a sex symbol and a career as a lingerie executive, Greer Lothrop is used to attracting more than her fair share of male attention. After years of unwanted stares, she is far more comfortable playing mother hen than femme fatale.

She's shocked when there's nothing motherly about the feelings her new neighbor, engineer Ryan McCullough, arouses in her. She's
Published March 7th 2011 by Carina Press (first published October 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Pink Satin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pink Satin

Kaity
Review originally posted on Bitten Books and given 4 stars.

Pink Satin was a quick, heartwarming romance. The book remained lighthearted and fun even in the face of more serious topics like insecurities and a potential stalker, both of which I usually find tedious and annoying. Greene is a wonderful writer and I will definitely be returning to her books since I enjoyed this one so much. Her writing style made the book flow very easily but it was the voices she gave her characters that drew me in.
Heather
Pink Satin is light and frothy, but that doesn’t mean it is without substance. Greer is a successful executive at a lingerie company, comfortable with who she (thinks) she is. Ryan has recently moved into her apartment complex, and stumbles upon her (literally and figuratively). He sees what she doesn’t want to see – that she is an attractive, sexy woman – and can’t help but be drawn to her. Greer wants to believe she is friend material, not a lover, and can’t imagine that Ryan sees something so ...more
Michelle
I've read a good amount of Jennifer Greene to say that I will always look for her books if I see it. This book gave me a hard time to get into. It took me several tries to get myself attached to the two main characters. I may not relate to Greer, and that could be the original problem. It seemed like Greer had to justify herself everywhere: to the other characters in the book and to me, the reader.

Greer and Ryan are neighbors who first meet in the hallway of their apartment building. They have
Sharon

Pink Stain was kindly provided to me by Netgalley.

I read my first Jennifer Greene book recently and quite enjoyed it, she writes romance in a way that keeps me entertained and wanting more.

Seeking refuge in her stairwell after receiving yet another of her annoying prank ‘breather’ phone calls Greer Lothrop encounters Ryan McCullough a mechanical engineer and the new tenant moving in next door.Seeing her distress and realizing she doesn’t want to be alone, Ry
Sheyla-
Greer Lothrop is a young psychologist who works for a lingerie company as an analyst. She has all the right curves, unfortunately that has made her life difficult.
Early in life she decided to start playing motherly towards men to distract them from her looks. This has worked for many years.

Recently, she started having prank calls and she could only hear the other person breath on the line. The phone calls are getting to her. Tying to run away from her apartment, she finds herself at the stairs.
Tam
This was a fun and light read. I was a bit hooked on this book all day, sneaking in reads while on break or waiting for water to boil.

The characters are cute together if not entirely interesting. Ryan is your non-offensive male lead and he does a good job of getting to know Greere (heroine with a funny name) and getting past her defenses. Greere has interesting personal problems. She's extremely uncomfortable and selfconcious about being a bomb-shell or pin-up girl in her looks.

Now, I'm not qui
Jodie
Greer is a beautiful woman with curves, only she doesn't want to admit it. She has had to deal with being the first to mature since she was a teenager. Now, at 27, she still struggles with her curves. Greer thinks men look at her only for her curves and she wouldn't dare think of herself as beautiful. That is until Ryan moves in across the hall from her. Ryan is in love with Greer from the moment he first lays eyes on her, but not because of her curves, because of the woman she is. He is determi ...more
Kelly
I liked this book because I felt like Greer was someone I would be friends with. She seemed down to earth, friendly and fun to be around. She has her hang ups like most women and is self conscious about her body. Who can't relate to that? She also has the same confusing internal struggle when it comes to the new man in her life. Sometimes it's sweet, funny or endearing but other times it's frustrating, which makes it feel real.

I liked Ryan, too. There were a few things that I didn't like in his
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea

Date reviewed: 1 March 2011

Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=4895

I think I mentioned it before. I never was a contemporary romance book lover until I discovered Jennifer Greene’s existence. She made me want to read more of that genre, simply because she proved to me that contemporary romance can be much more satisfying than the regular romance genre.

As usual, Ms. Greene did not disappoint, and I find myself enjoying a yet another one of her book, Pink Satin. And l
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Greer is a curvy, successful chick with a stalker and a sexy neighbor. A few thinks I would have liked to have seen in this book: a more confident heroine and a hero with a tad more alpha...he was a little bland to me. I found myself getting a little bored with the stalker story and wanted more romance and steam and more about the lingerie company...it almost seemed as though the lingerie story was thrown in as an afterthought.

This is the second book I have read by this author and I will have to
Joy
Mar 22, 2011 Joy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
A sexy young lingerie marketing executive who self-identifies as a mother figure (I know, right?) falls for engineer neighbor who helps her with her stalker problem.
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
3.5 Stars.....
Review to follow next week
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Torok Amalia
Torok Amalia marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Beerchen
Beerchen marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Angell
Angell marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Erica Appelbaum
Erica Appelbaum marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
May 25, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Winner of over 15 national awards, including the RWA Hall of Fame and the RWA Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award, Jennifer Greene weaves real issues, warm characters common-life humor, and page-turning romance and suspense into her stories.

Jennifer sold her first book in 1980, and since then has sold over 85 books in the contemporary romance genre. She won her first professional writing award
More about Jennifer Greene...
Blame It On Cupid Blame It on Paris Blame It on Chocolate A Daring Proposition The Woman Most Likely To...