Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone

The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone (The Berenstain Bears Beginner Books)

Stan and Jan Berenstain invite readers to help solve a mystery in this beloved Beginner Book. When a dinosaur bone goes missing from the Bear Museum, it’s up to the Berenstain Bears to help crack the case. From the Mummy Room to the Hall of Famous Bears, the detectives seek every possible hiding place. Can Brother and Sister Bear find the culprit in time for the museum’s g ...more
Published February 9th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published March 1st 1980)

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone

Matt
Apr 22, 2017 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before the Bear Museum can open, a missing bone from the Dinosaur Exhibit must be found. Three cub sleuths and their dog go looking through all the exhibits, but come up empty. It is only while mere moments left that someone has an idea, one that could save the day. Neo was not sure how the thief could have taken the bone so easily, leading me to wonder if he has police work in his future.
Natalie
Feb 19, 2015 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Berenstain Bears are very close to my heart <3 Loved this one.
Sarah Adamson
The story was fine, gentle fun and useful early words for my beginner reader. However as it is a Berenstain Bears book, I expected more of a story with some hidden clues along the way - footprints, the edge of the bone through the window, dirt trails. It just seemed to end suddenly without any of their usual cleverness.
Mia Morrison
Jan 30, 2017 Mia Morrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable.
Danette
Oct 23, 2016 Danette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Read with Julia.
Diressa Belcher
The three Bears go adventure to find the missing Dinosaur Bone in The Bear Museum. They have exactly one hour until the dinosaur exhibit opens. Will they find the bone?
They look inside: the mummy's tomb, a vase,the Indian totem pole and the wax museum. They give up looking until a bear looks outside and notices a buried bone. They go investigate and they find the bone! They also find their hound dog, Sniff's, paw prints. The mystery is solved! Sniff buried the bone. The town had a grand time at
Emily Garrison
Oct 20, 2016 Emily Garrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was published in 1980 by Random House Publishers and is a book in the Beginner Books series. This story begins with the cubs lining up outside the Bear Museum for a field trip. They are hoping to see the dinosaur on display. The cubs peak in a window and see Dr. Bear, the curator of the museum, is worried and pacing. Someone has taken one of the dinosaur's leg bones. The cubs offer to search the museum to help look for the bone. They search high and low and find many things but cannot ...more
Cassandra Gelvin
Dogs sure do love bones, amiright?

I'm not sure why the Bear Detectives aren't using the book that they had in the previous story, and using Papa Bear's dog who failed miserably last time. It's kind of stupid.

At the museum, there's a missing dinosaur bone; they look for it with their dog; they look all over the place, and it turns out that their dog took it. Because he's a dog. And dogs take bones. And that's funny.

Whereas, of course if it was a real museum, the dinosaur skeleton that was on disp
Kris
May 02, 2012 Kris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I used this book in a 1st grade read aloud and incorporated science ideas. Before reading the book the students tried to define the words MYSTERY and INVESTIGATION and discuss similarities/differences. They also made predictions about what would happen during the story. After reading the book, the students tried to think of professions that required solving a mystery or investigation. I then gave each student 5 white UV beads and a pipe cleaner (they made bracelets) and tried to predict what wou ...more
Scott Hayden
Mar 01, 2013 Scott Hayden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, read-aloud
I used to feel guilty about listing such simple kids' books - like it was a cheater way to up my GR book count. But then I saw librarians listing them. If they can...

What's more, I finally realized that if I've had to read it more than once because some toddler keeps climbing into my lap, I deserve the higher count.
chucklesthescot
Another bears adventure! These books are a must for teaching children about life and behaviour, as well as having humour there to entertain. And of course the bears are really cute AND you get dinosaurs!
Shelli
Feb 03, 2008 Shelli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Good book for early readers to read on their own or share with a friend. Also a fun read aloud to share with young kiddos. Time is mentioned quiet a bit with this book, since the Bear Detectives are on a schedule to complete a case. A telling time project can easily be worked around this book.
Samantha Penrose
A fun, rhyming trip through a museum in search of a missing dinosaur bone....Will the bears and their pup find the bone in time? A cute story with a predictable ending. I' wondering though, who is the third bear?! (brother, sister, and ???? was there a cousin freddy?)
Dolly
Jan 25, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, mystery, 2009
Another fun story from the Berenstain Bears. This one involves the detectives attempting to find a missing dinosaur bone before the museum exhibit opens to the public. Our girls enjoyed the story and I like that they enjoy the Berenstain Bears' stories as much as I did as a child.
Jessica
I love the Berenstain Bears! This is a new one for me. A mystery about where a bone from the bear museam has gone. Great for early readers. A good book for independent reading. Incoporates lots of rhyming and even a little mystery. Could be used to teach predicition.
Bree
Apr 07, 2016 Bree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Go on a detective adventure with your favorite bear family and see if you can solve the mystery first. This fast paced crime story will hold your attention all the way until the unexpected conclusion.
Elizabeth S
Aug 15, 2011 Elizabeth S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-beginner
A refreshingly good beginning reader book. The bear detectives investigate a truly intriguing mystery. I like the rhythm and rhyme of the text, I like the traditionally fun Berenstain pictures, and while the solution wasn't overwhelmingly original, it was still fun.
Sri
Anaknya mbaca, maknya ngawasin. Nggak ada Papa Bear lagi, si anak suka kalau ada Papa Bear dan kekonyolannya. Kalau kata maknya sih lumayan seru kok ceritanya. Si snuff, hound dog nya three little bears, lucu banget wkwk.
May 17, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love to read it with my kids! They are excited to see who stole the bone. I also love that I read this book when I was little too.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
the characters and stories of the berenstain bears teaching children early learning concepts.
Ronda
Jan 07, 2010 Ronda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, mystery
I used this one as a quick read-aloud example of the mystery genre.
Heather
Oct 05, 2013 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Not my favorite but kids always seem to enjoy it.
Lynn
This was an enjoyable children's mystery in the "I Can Read It All By Myself" Beginner Books series. My son & I both agree that this book deserves 5 stars. It has a nice rhyming rhythm to it.
Amy
Jul 27, 2011 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it rhymes
Pam
Apr 10, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would probably give this book a 2 1/2, it's not my favorite, but J and the kids really like it so I bumped up my rating to a 4 for them! I do enjoy the rhymes...
Tiffany
Oct 02, 2008 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better BB books.
A&E Harbin
Feb 14, 2012 A&E Harbin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my 4-year olds absolutely loves this book! He's not one to sit and read a book for any amount of time by himself, but I found him repeatedly by himself "reading" this one
Karen
Apr 11, 2016 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A cute ending, but leading up to it is a bit dull.
Theresa Lively
Oct 23, 2015 Theresa Lively rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

My son loved this book. Starting sight words so this was great for learning them. Was able to read some by himself.
  • Detective Dinosaur
  • Oliver
  • Cat Traps (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
  • The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)
  • Flap Your Wings
  • Snug House, Bug House (Bright & Early Books)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving
  • On Beyond Bugs (Cat In The Hat's Learning Library)
  • Little Mouse on the Prairie
  • Fly High, Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #5)
  • No T. Rex in the Library
  • Get Well, Good Knight
  • Moo Who?
  • The Honeybee & the Robber
  • A Crack in the Track (Bright & Early Board Books)
  • How Do Dinosaurs Laugh Out Loud?
  • I am Not Going to Get Up Today!
  • Sadie and the Snowman
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears Beginner Books (8 books)
  • The Big Honey Hunt