The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone

The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone (The Berenstain Bears Beginner Books)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  440 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Stan and Jan Berenstain invite readers to help solve a mystery in this beloved Beginner Book. When a dinosaur bone goes missing from the Bear Museum, it’s up to the Berenstain Bears to help crack the case. From the Mummy Room to the Hall of Famous Bears, the detectives seek every possible hiding place. Can Brother and Sister Bear find the culprit in time for the museum’s g...more
Published February 9th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published March 1st 1980)

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone

Diressa Belcher
The three Bears go adventure to find the missing Dinosaur Bone in The Bear Museum. They have exactly one hour until the dinosaur exhibit opens. Will they find the bone?
They look inside: the mummy's tomb, a vase,the Indian totem pole and the wax museum. They give up looking until a bear looks outside and notices a buried bone. They go investigate and they find the bone! They also find their hound dog, Sniff's, paw prints. The mystery is solved! Sniff buried the bone. The town had a grand time at...more
Pam
I would probably give this book a 2 1/2, it's not my favorite, but J and the kids really like it so I bumped up my rating to a 4 for them! I do enjoy the rhymes...
Kris
I used this book in a 1st grade read aloud and incorporated science ideas. Before reading the book the students tried to define the words MYSTERY and INVESTIGATION and discuss similarities/differences. They also made predictions about what would happen during the story. After reading the book, the students tried to think of professions that required solving a mystery or investigation. I then gave each student 5 white UV beads and a pipe cleaner (they made bracelets) and tried to predict what wou...more
Jerrilynn Lilyblade
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Dawn Grabs
John's favorite. Had it all memorized at age 4.
Scott Hayden
I used to feel guilty about listing such simple kids' books - like it was a cheater way to up my GR book count. But then I saw librarians listing them. If they can...

What's more, I finally realized that if I've had to read it more than once because some toddler keeps climbing into my lap, I deserve the higher count.
Shelli
Good book for early readers to read on their own or share with a friend. Also a fun read aloud to share with young kiddos. Time is mentioned quiet a bit with this book, since the Bear Detectives are on a schedule to complete a case. A telling time project can easily be worked around this book.
Dolly
Jan 25, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, mystery
Another fun story from the Berenstain Bears. This one involves the detectives attempting to find a missing dinosaur bone before the museum exhibit opens to the public. Our girls enjoyed the story and I like that they enjoy the Berenstain Bears' stories as much as I did as a child.
Samantha Penrose
A fun, rhyming trip through a museum in search of a missing dinosaur bone....Will the bears and their pup find the bone in time? A cute story with a predictable ending. I' wondering though, who is the third bear?! (brother, sister, and ???? was there a cousin freddy?)
Elizabeth S
A refreshingly good beginning reader book. The bear detectives investigate a truly intriguing mystery. I like the rhythm and rhyme of the text, I like the traditionally fun Berenstain pictures, and while the solution wasn't overwhelmingly original, it was still fun.
Jessica
I love the Berenstain Bears! This is a new one for me. A mystery about where a bone from the bear museam has gone. Great for early readers. A good book for independent reading. Incoporates lots of rhyming and even a little mystery. Could be used to teach predicition.
Netanella
One hour until the Bear Museum opens and the dinosaur skeleton is missing a bone. Oh no! Three little bears and a puppy to the rescue! My daughter loved this one - particularly the creepy mummy case.
Lynn
This was an enjoyable children's mystery in the "I Can Read It All By Myself" Beginner Books series. My son & I both agree that this book deserves 5 stars. It has a nice rhyming rhythm to it.
A&E Harbin
One of my 4-year olds absolutely loves this book! He's not one to sit and read a book for any amount of time by himself, but I found him repeatedly by himself "reading" this one
Love to read it with my kids! They are excited to see who stole the bone. I also love that I read this book when I was little too.
Theresa
the characters and stories of the berenstain bears teaching children early learning concepts.
Ronda
I used this one as a quick read-aloud example of the mystery genre.
Heather
Not my favorite but kids always seem to enjoy it.
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Tiffany
One of the better BB books.
Misty
Misty added it
Aug 24, 2014
Ande
Ande added it
Aug 21, 2014
  • Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Biscuit's Big Friend
  • I Want to Be Somebody New! (Beginner Books(R))
  • Flap Your Wings
  • Super Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #2)
  • Arthur's Reading Race
  • The King, the Mice and the Cheese
  • Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake
  • Cinderella (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Snow (Beginner Books)
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • What a Bad Dream (Little Critter)
  • Oliver
  • The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin (with CD)
  • Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt
  • Clifford Goes to Hollywood
More about Stan Berenstain...
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV