Start by marking “The Spiral Path” as Want to Read:
The Spiral Path

The Spiral Path

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
After defecting from the Star Union eleven years ago, Starship Captain Lara Soto is now the leader of the free Chimerans. Her only regret is the intense young officer she left behind. When Terra's S.U.S. Interlace goes missing with her brother Rafael on board, she has to push aside the pain of her betrayal and team up with her old love once again.

Commodore Mitch Yoshida ha
Published March 28th 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about The Spiral Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spiral Path

Sweet as Sin by Inez KelleyStone Kissed by Keri StevensThe Mysterious Lady Law by Robert AppletonLying Eyes by Amy AtwellHunting Human by Amanda E. Alvarez
Carina Press Books
31st out of 117 books — 105 voters
Wither by Lauren DeStefanoEntwined by Heather DixonSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDie for Me by Amy PlumAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Best Book Covers 2011
330th out of 730 books — 3,132 voters

More lists with this book...

AnnaM
Jul 09, 2011 AnnaM rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-sfrs, sfr
I read this novella really fast. There was quite a bit of romance to it.

On the SFR spectrum this one is definitely over by the Romance.

The Spiral Path was unique because I've never read a story where the main plot hinged on dimensional phase shifting--the ability to travel from one dimension to another or, in this case, exist in both at once using wrist devices. The hero/heroine being from different dimensions was presented believably and well. The Romance was believable and hot in places. It
Matthew
May 08, 2011 Matthew rated it really liked it
A fun and concise adventure that combines science fiction and romance. The ideas are cool and the sex is sweaty, so what more could you want? Check it out!
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Mar 29, 2011 Jo (Mixed Book Bag) rated it really liked it
Lisa Paitz Spindler has set The Spiral Path in a unique universe. Terra and Creed are located in different dimensions. The wormhole that opens up to connect the two is called the spiral path. Only children with one parent from Creed and one parent from Terra can stay in either dimension. Others must limit their time when they travel between the two.

Star Ship Captain Lara Soto is a Chimeran, a child of both Terra and Creed. Lara was part of the Terran Star Union until Terran tried to turn the Chi
Cleffairy
Mar 28, 2011 Cleffairy rated it liked it
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 27 Feb 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=167

The Spiral Path by Lisa Paitz Spindler is a science-fiction romance with fantastic background setting. The story was fast-paced and I had no difficulties in turning the pages. I do with there’s more passion in the story, though. I feel that there wasn’t enough romantic scenes in there. Perhaps there was, just that I couldn’t get enough.

I sincerely hope that there’s more books to read from this autho
Stacey
May 21, 2014 Stacey rated it it was ok
Didn't really work for me. I liked the setup. But the world building fell short for me (are the Havens planets? Space stations? If planets, are habitable planets common?). The wrist-syncs were too convenient. The main characters reconnected a bit too easily.
Kerry  sullivan
May 08, 2011 Kerry sullivan rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I found this book overly complicated and drawn out. I got as far as page 52 and gave up as I found I really didn't care what happened to any of the characters. The premiss of the story was good but the execution of the plot just didn't do it for me.
Tamahome

I liked the kindle sample well enough, although it definitely has some romance. Lisa is an Sfsignal blogger/podcaster. Shouldn't the cover have a shirtless man? I think it's a novellette, since the audiobook is 4 hours.

Leslie Dicken
Feb 17, 2011 Leslie Dicken rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Read this novella as an ARC. Loved it. Fascinating science mingles with romance and a kick-ass heroine. A top-rate Science Fiction Romance!!
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Shasha
Shasha marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Zornitsa Stoynova
Zornitsa Stoynova rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Benjamin Brown
Benjamin Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Lara
Lara rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Ingrid Hardy
Ingrid Hardy marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Dena
Dena rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Tamara Philip
Tamara Philip marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Jo Martinez-rossi
Jo Martinez-rossi rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
ari_reads
ari_reads marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Megan
Megan is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2014
Grete
Grete added it
Oct 30, 2013
Terisa De Morgan
Terisa De Morgan marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Francis Griggs
Francis Griggs marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013