The Spiral Path

The Spiral Path

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  8 reviews
After defecting from the Star Union eleven years ago, Starship Captain Lara Soto is now the leader of the free Chimerans. Her only regret is the intense young officer she left behind. When Terra's S.U.S. Interlace goes missing with her brother Rafael on board, she has to push aside the pain of her betrayal and team up with her old love once again.

Commodore Mitch Yoshida ha...more
Published March 28th 2011 by Carina Press

Sweet as Sin by Inez KelleyStone Kissed by Keri StevensThe Mysterious Lady Law by Robert AppletonLying Eyes by Amy AtwellThe Sergeant's Lady by Susanna Fraser
Carina Press Books
32nd out of 104 books — 100 voters
Wither by Lauren DeStefanoEntwined by Heather DixonSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDie for Me by Amy PlumAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Best Book Covers 2011
342nd out of 733 books — 3,263 voters

More lists with this book...

Carolyn (Book Chick City)
Guest Reviewed by Grete from 'Book Thing' for www.BookChickCity.com

This has to be the best example of science-fiction romance I’ve come across yet. The characters were well written and brought to life in such a way that I came to care about them in a very short time. Their backstories were really well fleshed out which was impressive given the length of the book. The plot was both intriguing and well set. Even though this was a novella, I didn’t feel it was rushed or had bits glossed over, it ju...more
Matthew
A fun and concise adventure that combines science fiction and romance. The ideas are cool and the sex is sweaty, so what more could you want? Check it out!
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Lisa Paitz Spindler has set The Spiral Path in a unique universe. Terra and Creed are located in different dimensions. The wormhole that opens up to connect the two is called the spiral path. Only children with one parent from Creed and one parent from Terra can stay in either dimension. Others must limit their time when they travel between the two.

Star Ship Captain Lara Soto is a Chimeran, a child of both Terra and Creed. Lara was part of the Terran Star Union until Terran tried to turn the Chi...more
AnnaM
I read this novella really fast. There was quite a bit of romance to it.

On the SFR spectrum this one is definitely over by the Romance.

The Spiral Path was unique because I've never read a story where the main plot hinged on dimensional phase shifting--the ability to travel from one dimension to another or, in this case, exist in both at once using wrist devices. The hero/heroine being from different dimensions was presented believably and well. The Romance was believable and hot in places. It...more
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 27 Feb 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=167

The Spiral Path by Lisa Paitz Spindler is a science-fiction romance with fantastic background setting. The story was fast-paced and I had no difficulties in turning the pages. I do with there’s more passion in the story, though. I feel that there wasn’t enough romantic scenes in there. Perhaps there was, just that I couldn’t get enough.

I sincerely hope that there’s more books to read from this autho...more
Kerry  sullivan
I found this book overly complicated and drawn out. I got as far as page 52 and gave up as I found I really didn't care what happened to any of the characters. The premiss of the story was good but the execution of the plot just didn't do it for me.
Tamahome

I liked the kindle sample well enough, although it definitely has some romance. Lisa is an Sfsignal blogger/podcaster. Shouldn't the cover have a shirtless man? I think it's a novellette, since the audiobook is 4 hours.

Leslie Dicken
Read this novella as an ARC. Loved it. Fascinating science mingles with romance and a kick-ass heroine. A top-rate Science Fiction Romance!!
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Megan
Megan is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2014
Grete
Grete added it
Oct 30, 2013
Terisa De Morgan
Terisa De Morgan marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Francis Griggs
Francis Griggs marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
demons
demons marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Dehnia Duplan
Dehnia Duplan marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Asra
Asra marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Melissa Areland
Melissa Areland marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Rei Tan
Rei Tan marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Anne
Anne added it
Jun 17, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Maisha
Maisha marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Ren Thompson
Ren Thompson marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012