Start by marking “Scandal of the Black Rose” as Want to Read:
Scandal of the Black Rose

Scandal of the Black Rose

The dashing gentleman and the determined lady both pursue the secrets of the Black Rose Society. But what they discover is forbidden passion and a dangerous desire.
Published January 31st 2006 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Scandal of the Black Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandal of the Black Rose

Anna Karenina by Leo TolstoyThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsMy Sister's Keeper by Jodi PicoultThe Dutch Girl by Donna ThorlandAnybody Out There? by Marian Keyes
"Anna"
175th out of 187 books — 15 voters
The Name of the Rose by Umberto EcoRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom StoppardAs You Like It by William ShakespeareRosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
Ring o' Rosies
76th out of 79 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Juliana Philippa
Caroline
Jun 04, 2012 Caroline rated it did not like it
A textbook example of the difficulties and dangers of mixing plain-vanilla romance with murder mystery.

On the one hand we have the romance: Anna has been all but betrothed to Marc, Earl of Haverford, since she was a little girl. The marriage is a perfect arrangement for both families and Anna is prepared to go with the flow—until she meets Rome Devereaux, Marc's cousin. Anna and Rome are instantly attracted to one another, but both are indebted and honour-bound to Marc. What to do?

On the other
Christine Ashworth
Oct 16, 2012 Christine Ashworth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
From the very beginning, I got caught up in the delightful story of Rome and Anna. This is regency romance at its best - lusty, with house parties and balls and intrigue and people dying all over the place. There's a terrific mystery, and the "who" in the "whodunit" is well concealed until the very end. This is the first book of Mullins that I've read, and I'm impressed! If you like Historical romance, I definitely recommend it. It's right up there with Stephanie Laurens.
Carole Moran
Apr 19, 2011 Carole Moran rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
As far as romances go, this one is a step above, mainly due to the mysterious Black Rose Society. It kept me guessing right to the end, and I was always off on my guesses! It has the usual overdone sex scenes and personal mental obsessing with the object of the heros/heroines affections, but otherwise is well done.
Samantha Adams
Oct 17, 2012 Samantha Adams rated it really liked it
loved it!! Will look for more by Debra Mullins in the future.
Lynette Lazaroff-Carson
It was ok ended abruptly no real conclusion
Maritza
Oct 19, 2014 Maritza rated it really liked it
Great book. Never read from this author before but i must admit that it was really good. theres lust, mistery, action and even alot of people dying which is quite aspin from the ordanary romance. I must admit that I had the killer wrong throughout the whole book which was really a shock.
Monique Takens
Feb 27, 2015 Monique Takens rated it liked it
Ik heb de Nederlands talige versie gelezen - Verboden gezelschap / Candlelight Historische Roman 800 .
Dit verhaal bevatte zoveel opvul blablabla dat ik hele pagina's heb overgeslagen om het interessant te houden .
Tina Kennedy
Nov 09, 2015 Tina Kennedy rated it did not like it
I ended up skimming. It was really bad.
Lori Yvette Fernandez Lopez
3.5 Stars. It was a bit shallow. They plot was not as intriguing to me as the blurb made it sound. Not bad, just not great.
Betsy
Sep 09, 2012 Betsy rated it liked it
Never heard of this author before, but she was pretty good.
Pamela Belsham
Pamela Belsham rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Goddess of Chaos
Goddess of Chaos marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Lisa Jo
Lisa Jo marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Viola Prins
Viola Prins marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Mejani
Mejani marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Jess H
Jess H marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
jackiewitmer
jackiewitmer rated it did not like it
May 31, 2016
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 added it
May 28, 2016
Colleen Rosa
Colleen Rosa rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2016
janice smith
janice smith rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Randareena
Randareena is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2016
Er1ka
Er1ka added it
Mar 02, 2016
Christina T
Christina T marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Jantien
Jantien marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Wicked Little Game (Series, #3)
  • Bride of a Wicked Scotsman (McBride Family, #3)
  • The Seduction of a Duke (Chambers Trilogy, #2)
  • Seduced at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • The Bride Price
  • Blood Red (Blood #1)
  • Autumn in Scotland
  • Heat of the Knight (Knights, #8)
  • The Burning (Companion, #3)
  • Lord of Dunkeathe (Brothers in Arms, #2)
  • The Decadent Duke
  • Memoirs of a Scandalous Red Dress (Bachelor Chronicles, #5)
  • My Wicked Pirate
  • A Match Made in Scandal (Donally Family, #3)
  • The Duke's Indiscretion (Duke Trilogy, #3)
  • Highland Spirits (Highland, #4)
  • Voices of the Night (Signet Eclipse) (Night, #4)
(from website)I hate writing bios. They always seem so cut and dried. But you came to my website to learn more about me, so here goes.

I’m the oldest of four sisters, and we are full-blooded Irish on our father’s side. Oh, and our house had one bathroom. If you have any questions about where I got my flair for drama, just imagine that scenario on a Saturday night when four teen-aged girls need to g
More about Debra Mullins...