Start by marking “The Killing Edge” as Want to Read:
The Killing Edge

The Killing Edge (Harrison Investigation)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  2,192 ratings  ·  131 reviews

Chloe Marin was lucky. She was just a teenager when a beachside party mansion turned into a bloodbath. According to authorities, the killers were later found dead in the swamp. Chloe's not so sure.
Ten years later, as a psychologist consulting with the cops, she gets drawn in to the disappearance of a swimsuit model. Everyone assumes the girl ran off for some fun in the su...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Mira Books (first published March 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Killing Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing Edge

LibraryLass
I usually thoroughly enjoy Heather Grahams books but this one was a bit flat for me.

The positives:
The premise was excellent. I loved the slight taste of the paranormal threaded throughout the storyline. Unlike others I had a bit of an inkling as to who the baddie was - but it was still a good 'suspense.' I liked both Chloe and Luke. The sex scenes were steamy and frequent.

The negatives:
For me there was no sexual energy in the romance. Everything just meandered along, progressed as per usual, bu...more
Lynsey A
This book was between a 2.5 and 3 star for me. The suspense in this book was pretty good and the killer was a surprise. Heather Graham did a great job of hiding the identity of the real killer. She does a decent job with creating a good suspense story but her romance does lack a bit in these books.

The hero and heroine only knew each other for a few days before diving into bed, which isn't bad, it's worked in other books, but for these two it felt forced and totally unromantic. I didn't really b...more
Larissa
If you look at the my reviews and the books I am usually reading, it is pretty obvious that my favorite Genres are basically anything that is related to the paranormal and fantasy. I have been trying to branch out and checking out different genres recently, then I saw this Romantic Thriller and decided to give it a chance.

I don’t have much experience with reading thrillers, hence I don’t have much to compare this novel to, but I have to say that though i did enjoy reading The killing Edge, I was...more
Stephanie (the nerdy princess)
With a description like this book has, it shouldn’t come as a big surprise that I thought this book was a murder/scary/things that go bump in the night type of book. Imagine my surprise when I started reading The Killing Edge by Heather Graham and discovered that there is a whole subset of the romance genre known as “romantic suspense”. Huh. Who knew???

This book is filled with the author’s idea of violent crime and malevolent suspense, with a healthy dose of all those cliché’s that make a romanc...more
Lee
I love this Author but this was not her best work. The main storyline was good and I liked the characters but it was the litte things that made it hard to read. There was a lot of jumping in what characters were thinking or doing that would cause me to go back several pages to see if I had missed something. I hadn't. Some of the main names were very similar and at the end the story is tied up in a nice cute bow too quickly. Just didn't feel it like I had the others.
Kristin
This was a quick read. I love Heather Grahams books. I like the fact that she always has a touch of the paranormal in them. I love when Adam Harrison Investigations is featured, but I wish we had more of them.

The one thing that I didn't like was that I knew who the killer was half way through the book even though there were a ton of other suspects. I'm not sure how I figured it out because it wasn't real obvious, but I just knew.

Andrea Love
An exciting murder mystery set in the Keys. As the only survivors of a horrible tragedy during high school, four friends still rely on each other for everything: friendship, understanding, moral support, and safety. When the religious cult held responsible for the Teenage Massacre begins to resurface in their lives, people on the edge of their social circle start to disappear. Which of them will be next? Enter an English ex-cop turned PI who is fleeing demons of his own. Can he be a trusted part...more
Bonnie
This book was terrible to begin with (I set it aside for months), and when I came back... well, it hadn't gotten much better. All the main characters are heirs/heiresses/recipients of large insurance settlements (but work and are quite humble despite it, of course), well-connected, etc. the main character knows mma (but never practices, and only uses it... once). her parents were apparently killed in a train explosion, fer chrissakes. TRAIN EXPLOSION.
I don't even have stats for that.
And at one...more
EZRead eBookstore
Comparing this novel to a scary teen flick seems a fair comparison, though the novel is far from immature or aimed at a young audience. Where those typical films require violence and sexual tension to awaken all of those various tingling emotions awakened at adolescence, this novel does not fall short of those same elements. There are so many different tensions built up in this novel that I’m surprised my whole body doesn’t need a chiropractor’s attention.

While my stomach clenched at the depict...more
Melbourne on my mind
This took me approximately a hundred years to read, because I just couldn't get into the story. Usually I quite enjoy Heather Graham's books, so I'm not sure what it was about this one that I found so boring. I contemplated DNFing it half a dozen times, and I probably should have because the killer turned out to be the person I thought it was right at the very beginning of the book. I'm not sure if this means it was predictable, or if I'm just really good at guessing........

Anyway, the whole rom...more
Amelia

While my stomach clenched at the depicti...more
Zee Monodee
This was my first Heather Graham book, and if she wasn't such a well-loved author with legions of fans gushing over her work, it would've been my last too. But I'm giving her books another chance, though I'm not really inclined to do it from what I've read here.

My rating says 2, when I really want it to be a 2.75 - I fell just short of 'liking' this book. Though the story starts well and grips the reader right away, halfway through, it started to run out of steam. Not even the romance between th...more
Jessica
Ten years ago Chloe Marin survived a brutal attack at her friends' beach house. Her and three other teens were the only survivors of what would come to be known as "The Teen Massacre". The four banded together and stayed friends through the years.

Ten years later, Chloe is a part-time model and psychologist. One of the models she works with has suddenly disappered into thin air at a shoot, which bring P.I. Luke Cane into the picture. As the investigation continues, Chloe and Luke find more clues...more
Deana M
Chloe Marin was a teenager when her life changed forever. While at a party at a friend's house in Miami, killers came in to the house and massacred all her friends in their sleep with the exception of three~Victoria, Jared, and Brad. The four who survived are the only ones who had a chance to catch these men. Because of Chloe's keen ability to hold information she obtains, she was able to sketch a picture of one of the men. The men who were supposedly responsible for the "Teenage Massacre" were...more
Kristen
I tend to be hit-and-miss with Heather Graham's books, but I really enjoyed this one!

Ten years ago, as a teenager, Chloe was one of just a few teenagers at a house party in the Florida Keys to survive a horrific massacre by cult-members who ultimately took their own lives.

Chloe grows up to become a psychologist specializing in helping patients overcome trauma, something she is uniquely qualified to do. Chloe also models part-time.

The disappearance of one of Chloe's fellow models is worrisome to...more
Kimberly
Another good book by Graham... Luke is a PI/ex-cop. Chloe is an police sketch artist (and alot more). Both witnessed major crimes. A model disappears that Chloe knows and Luke is hired to protect the models BFF. But of course there is more to the story and Chloe and Luke find themselves in the middle of more death and ghosts. Chloe is a strong character who you never feel like she turns into the damsel in distress. Luke is smart,handsome and knows he needs to protect Chloe from her past, present...more
Laura Lucy
This book started out good, and I enjoyed the plot overall. Unfortunately, it ran into many of the same pitfalls I see over and over again in mystery/thrillers these days. The female lead is not only a psychologist who uses art therapy to help trauma/crime survivors, she is also a freelance sketch artist for the police, a part-time swimsuit model and a trained MMA fighter. Really?! Wouldn't just one or two of those things be enough? Did I mention her family also had money so she really didn't ha...more
Ginger
An average mystery at best. I don't want to give it only 2 stars b/c I liked it and it progressed well, but it was not spectacular or a favorite by any means. I doubt that i will ever read it again - as i would like to re-read many other 3 star books, so perhaps it does not earn a full 3 stars either... So i am assigning it 2 stars knowing it was more of a 2.5* rating. The characters were well developed and sometimes i found myself telling them what to do or NOT to do - in a moment of suspense!...more
Saz1991
Really liked the main characters in this book. The suspense was good and didn't give many clues as to the real killers until the end. This was my first book by her but plan to try another one
Cindi
Heather Graham never disappoints. The Killing Edge was a super-fast read (all in one day!), but the killer wasn't obvious and the romance was supportive of the story so no way did I feel ripped off. The author didn't just sling this book out there, which is often how I feel about quickly read books - the author just put it out due to contract or for money.

The folks from Harrison Investigatations show up about 2/3'd through, which was a surprise for me at that is not mentioned on the cover.

If you...more
As I have stated in previous reviews, I have a difficult time reading Heather Graham's books. It isn't that it is poorly written, but the flow isn't quite right to me. That said, this book was the hardest of hers I have read. The beginning of the story was awfully confusing with many names, and I almost put it down - but I am glad i didn't. While it was not like her other mysteries that bring history into the mix, this was a great thriller with exciting characters. If you can get past the confus...more
Hope Wallis
Book on CD during a long car ride. Seemed kinda hokey.
Evelyn
Survivor of a cult-related killing spree, psychologist and part-time model Chloe Marin now helps tramautized victims through art therapy. When a model on a shoot with her disappears, Chloe begins to see her ghost who asks for Chloe's help. Hired to find the missing model, undercover PI Luke Cane falls hard for Chloe, but he also doesn't believe in ghosts.

A fast-paced, spicy romantic suspense novel that keeps you turning the pages. Graham's fans will enjoy this one. Also recommend Lisa Jackson,...more
Hannah Thomas
This book was VERY religious, in my opinion. However, it was still an interesting book.
Joyce
Rather formulaic with a touch of the preternatural (ghosts) thrown in.
Jannene
This book was great. Chloe was a character that women would want to be; strong, confident, and speaks her mind. She didn’t get scared easily or rattled which I admired. She just wasn’t one of those girls you had to coddle. The story was interesting and totally engulfed me. I was reading until 11:30 pm just to finish this book. I didn’t care for the detail in the intimacy between her and Luke. I think they could have left that out and it still would have made it a good book.
Diane
Intense and interesting.
Really enjoyed this book by Heather Graham. The mystery was great & held my attention. I'm pleased to say that I did at least suspect at certain points of the book who the killer was & I was correct, but then I'd second guess myself & rule that person out. I've enjoyed all the books I've read by Heather Graham & I look forward to reading more of her books. I definitely recommend to those who enjoy romantic suspense with a paranormal (ghost) twist.
Debi
Well Ms. Graham you did it to me again..I loved this book and moving on to Nightwalker tonight. I loved the way Luke and Chloe worked together in the story. And she totally took me by surprise at the end of who was the killer. I had a very hard time putting this book down once I started it :)!! If I could give it a 4.5 I would :)!!
Jenn
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Out of Mind (Court of Angels, #2)
  • Without Mercy
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Cold River (Black Falls, #2)
  • Blood Sins (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #11)
  • Down River
  • Going Twice (Forces of Nature, #2)
  • Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4)
  • The Survivors
  • Death Echo (St. Kilda Consulting, #5)
  • White Heat (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #1)
  • Shattered
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil Trilogy, #2)
  • Blind Spot
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria...more
More about Heather Graham...
Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2) Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1) Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)