Start by marking “Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2) (The Precinct #14)” as Want to Read:
Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2) (The Precinct #14)

Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2) (The Precinct: SWAT #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  243 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Ten years ago quiet heiress Charlotte Mayweather was abducted and held for ransom...but when she was targeted a second time, SWAT officer Trip Jones vowed to protect her. The damaged beauty was slow to trust, but even she couldn't deny the tender bond forming between her and her handsome bodyguard. Trip was determined to keep Charlotte alive and help her face her life-alte ...more
ebook, Harlequin Intrigue #1266, 224 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct

Lynne Marshall
Oct 03, 2011 Lynne Marshall rated it really liked it
I discovered Julie Miller last year, loved her writing, and got all excited when I saw this book. I realize I am coming into the middle of a series, but Protecting Plain Jane is a stand alone book. Charlotte is what we call a tortured heroine, which is a nice change from the usual tortured hero. How can you not love a heroine who sports red hightops and glasses? Trip - triple J - is a big galoot (and thanks to Ms. Miller for giving me the opportunity to use that word in regards to a hero) with h ...more
Jacqueline
I enjoyed this book about a reclusive heiress with a few mental problems along the lines of panic attacks and trust issues left over from being kidnapped as a teenager. The KCPD SWAT member who falls in love with her while protecting her from a serial killer is also a slightly different type of character. He is 6'5" and is dyslexic so he has had to overcome the label of big and dumb to get where he is. The story is fast moving and I liked the relationship between the two. It was fairly believabl ...more
RLA
Aug 23, 2011 RLA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Charlotte is a very intelligent and wealthy heiress, yet she hides away due to the horrors she went through when she was kidnapped and tortured when she was 17. She still suffers from flashbacks, nightmares and anxiety, as a result she has to be in complete control of every aspect of her life. Recently there has been attempted and actual murder of other heiresses in the area, and the perpetrator has been dubbed 'The Rich Girl Killer', and when Charlotte's bodyguard is killed and Char ...more
xXForever_LoveXx
Jan 09, 2015 xXForever_LoveXx rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Julie Miller is the master of originality.

I mean, where else would I find a book with an oversized lumberjack for a protagonist (who is still amazingly charming, by the way) and a somewhat crazy bookworm with a very bad case of PTSD, as our heroine, Charlotte Mayweather suffers from.

This book (the third in the series) meets all expectations I'd had, and featured amazing characters, an intriguing theme, and it's amazing at foreshadowing.

I think the thing
(ツ) Hache
I really liked this book. The Hero in this was absolutely swoon worthy, I swear everything he said to the heroine I just awed and grinned till my face hurt.

some of his lines

“You’re my only concern, Charlotte. What I say to you will always be the truth. I’ve got your back. I won’t hurt you. And I won’t let you get hurt.”

“I never want to do anything that makes you look at me with fear in your eyes again. That tears me up inside. I’d rather take a bullet than see you crying or afraid of me again.”

Taylor Michaels
Jun 22, 2011 Taylor Michaels rated it really liked it
Ten years ago, Charlotte Maywether was abducted and held for ransom. Haunted by recurring anxiety attacks from the experience she maintains a hold on her sanity with carefully controlled routines among close circle of employees and family and the presence of her dog, Max.

While she is working alone at the family’s museum, a second abduction attempt is made. Charlotte contacts her best friend, who is a fiancé of a SWAT team member, and Trip Jones is sent to Charlotte’s rescue.

With the Charlotte’s
Leisa Wilkins
May 12, 2015 Leisa Wilkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Julie Miller Books

Loved it. Great installment the SWAT team series mystery. Looking forward to starting the next book in the series. The suspense over who the RGK is building. Well written and keeps you guessing. Just when you think you know who it is you find out you're wrong. So I see a marathon Julie Miller reading session in my immediate future.
Rjsmommy
It's kind of strange...I'm reading this whole series backwards. I started with the latest one, "Protecting the Pregnant Witness" (#4) which I liked and went in search of the others. Now I've just finished this one (#3 in the series) and am searching for the others. This one was on par with PTPW, the leads are likable, Charlotte and Tripp make a good couple. Charlotte has multiple psyche issues stemming from a previous abduction episode and Tripp still has residual insecurities from when he was a ...more
Eterushi
Oct 31, 2015 Eterushi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Surprise, plain Jane is a hottie!
Ridiculous, but a freebie.
Trina
Mar 20, 2015 Trina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
3.75**

namericanwordcat
This was good read that was hampered by the category romance formate a bit. There is so much action we lose couple time and that is a bummer because the two leads are wonderful characters.

The love story is overwhelmed by the mystery in several places but it is still an enjoyable read with a gentle giant SWAT hero and heroine who is very strong and loving.
Nina
Jul 25, 2011 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harlequin’s Intrigue

Protecting Plain Jane by Julie Miller ( The Precinct: swat series)
If you read only one mystery this year, let this one be it. I guess I could quote the prologue here, ( no author’s permission) but after reading that, I was hooked.
Rebecca Crowley
Nov 27, 2012 Rebecca Crowley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the quick pace, meaty action, and genuine suspense in this novel, almost as much as I loved the quirky and fresh characters: a heroine with a panic disorder, and a dyslexic hero. A really fun and satisfying read.
Debbie Heaton
Mar 22, 2011 Debbie Heaton rated it liked it
A woman with a traumatic past, a SWAT team member determined to protect her with his life--kidnapping, betrayal, secrets, murder, and a serial killer. And to top it all off, romance. A perfect story.
Noelle Walsh
This book was good. As has been usual, I read it in one sitting. I enjoyed reading it.
Marcella
Jun 28, 2011 Marcella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story...it was one of great adventure and understanding
Annie
Apr 06, 2013 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is Ms. Miller's creepiest story to date. I really enjoyed it.
Lena Gerber
Dec 27, 2014 Lena Gerber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down. The story line was excellant.
Heather L
Apr 27, 2011 Heather L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather L by: Latesha
Liked this one, but - ARGH! She ended on a cliffhanger again. Sigh...
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Precinct: SWAT
Category: Suspense
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Precinct: SWAT
Mydearloverboy
Jun 05, 2014 Mydearloverboy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
Loved it!:)
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Shirley Ann trammell
Shirley Ann trammell rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Soapy70
Soapy70 rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Cassie Jo
Cassie Jo marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Tersia Pelser
Tersia Pelser rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
  • GI Cowboy (Daddy Corps, #1)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Cooper Vengeance  (Cooper, #7)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Broken (Colby Agency, #45)
  • The Spy Who Saved Christmas (SDDU, #10)
  • The Missing Twin
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • Gun-Shy Bride
  • Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon
  • Finding Her Son
  • Bayou Bodyguard

USA TODAY bestselling author Julie Miller writes breathtaking romantic suspense. She has earned a National Readers Choice Award and two Daphne du Maurier Awards among many other prizes for both her series and single title books. She was also honored to receive the RT BookR
More about Julie Miller...

The Precinct: SWAT (4 books)
  • Man with the Muscle (The Precinct: SWAT #1; The Precinct #13)
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness  (The Precinct: SWAT #3; The Precinct #15)
  • Nanny 911 (The Precinct: SWAT #4; The Precinct #16)