Start by marking “Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)

Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  208 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
When plumber's apprentice Georgiana Neverall crawls under her mother's house to check the pipes, she's horrified to find her mother's flashy fiancé, real estate mogul Gregory Whitlock, dead in the dirt. Instead of a wedding ring, Georgiana's mother is soon wearing handcuffs, accused of killing the man she loved. To clear her mother's name, Georgiana's going to have to craw ...more
Published (first published December 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Drip Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drip Dead

Melissa
Mar 17, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drip Dead is the third and final book in the Georgiana Neverall plumbing cozy series. It was an enjoyable read and I'm sad to see the end of the series.

While I did't know how I would enjoy a series focused around a plumber, that aspect of the book is not emphasized too much. If anything it lends plausibility to her involvement in murders, such as in this story, finding a body under a house while checking the pipes. Besides plumbers tips at the start of every few chapters, there really isn't any
Susan
May 18, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
Georgie, the main character, discovers a body in the first chapter of the book. The next 50 or so pages are devoted to describing over and over how difficulty if is to have Georgie's mother move in with her. Clues are few and far between and the ending seemed rushed. I got really irritated by the frequent references to Georgie's former business and her bouts of temper.
Christa
It took until the very end of the book to solve the mystery, so long, in fact, that the end felt rushed into one chapter.
Drebbles
Feb 09, 2012 Drebbles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Plumber's apprentice Georgiana "Georgie" Neverall doesn't like her mother's fiancé, Gregory Whitlock, but she doesn't wish he was dead. But dead he is - stuffed under Georgie's mother's house. Before she even has time to mourn, Sandra Neverall finds herself the chief suspect in the murder. Georgie and her mother may not always get along but the last thing Georgie wants is her mother jailed for a murder she didn't commit. Georgie works to clear her mother's name but will her sleuthing put her in ...more
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Georgiana Neverall Mystery Series
3rd Book In The Series
A Berkley Prime Crime Mystery
A Division of Penguin Publishing
Release Date: February 1, 2011

ISBN-10: 0425239896
ISBN-13: 978-0425239896

Georgiana works as a plumber's apprentice as she studies to take the test to earn her plumber's license. Her mother is marrying real estate mogul Gregory Whitlock and he is building a brand new house for he and his bride. Georgiana's mother has offered to sell her house to her daughter but before that can happe
Marlyn
Feb 15, 2011 Marlyn rated it really liked it
Another in the growing ranks of mystery series whose female protagonists have unusual careers, this series follows the adventures of Georgiana (Georgie) Neverall, a former computer security expert who leaves the corporate life behind to move back to her hometown in Oregon and become a plumber's apprentice.

Though this is the third book in the series, enough background is provided to make the reader feel acquainted with Georgie. As this book begins, she is underneath the house that she grew up in
Janis
Oct 23, 2014 Janis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: murder-mystery
I love this series, I wish it had continued on. Perhaps it will be picked up by another book company and restarted. Georgie must solve who murdered her soon-to-be step father. And study for her plumber finals. And get her mother out of jail. Sounds like a regular Friday night! This book is light hearted, funny and a keep you guessing to the very end mystery. I happily recommend this book and entire series to anyone - from 9-99.
Jody
May 19, 2011 Jody rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in a series about Georgiana Neverall, a computer expert turned plumber apprentice. Georgiana becomes involved in solving murders, much to the law's dismay.

I have loved all the books in this series so far (am hoping to see more in the future); but this has definitely been my favorite.

Georgiana's relationship with her mother has evolved; but yet not in a kissy sweet way. The characters are realistic and down to earth.

I have enjoyed watching Georgiana grow in her relationships
Grey853
Susan
Apr 17, 2011 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-oregon
Former computer entrepreneur Georgiana is very happy, thank you, working as an apprentice plumber, preparing to take her licensing tests, and reunited with her high school boyfriend Wade. When she inspects the house she's thinking of buying from her mother, Sandra, she finds Sandra's fiance dead. Now the house is a crime scene and her meticulous mother's moved in with Georgi. But things can get worse--now Sandra is out of the house, but in jail, accused of murder. And Georgi is the only one who ...more
Myhotstylist
May 18, 2011 Myhotstylist rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3rd in series, and the author is doing a much better job and this was by far, the best of the 3.

Georgie is a plummers apprentace and when the book opens, she finds her mothers' fiance dead in the crawl space with cases of wine under her mothers house.

Once her mother is arrested for the muder, Georiana is determined to find the killer and clear her mother of the crime.
Natalie
I enjoy plumbing so I had high hopes for this book. There wasn't as much plumbing as I had expected but the book was fun in general. I liked the characters and would read other ones in this series if I stumbled across them. Like most of these cheesy mysteries, I wouldn't actively seek them out (or pay full price). Good read for a buck though.
Lynn Demsky
Jun 21, 2012 Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm enjoying this series muchly -- quick fast great for summer reads! And plumbing just isn't something you think of as a woman's job! Looking forward to next one and have already ordered it!
Minderella34
Aug 25, 2012 Minderella34 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozies
I enjoy Berkley crime mysteries. They are easy, clean, fun reads, with a good mystery too!! This is my first book in this series and I enjoyed it. Will be reading the first two!
Nicole
Mar 16, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun entry into this cozy mystery series. Husband laughed when I told him it was about a plumber.
Kathie
Oct 03, 2015 Kathie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This third book in the series was quite fun to read. I liked it much better than the first two.
Alyssa White
Aug 24, 2015 Alyssa White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Another great book in the Georgiana book series, could not put it down.
Marge
Apr 18, 2013 Marge rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sorry to see this series end, it was very enjoyable
Nurul Abubakar
Oct 03, 2013 Nurul Abubakar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
3 1/2. The conclusion is not very satisfying!
Vicky
Jan 07, 2013 Vicky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
predictable
Eli
Nov 25, 2013 Eli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2013
Standard fare.
Nan St.Michael
May 18, 2015 Nan St.Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved it
Tara Fleming
Tara Fleming marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Stacey Schneller
Stacey Schneller marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Ian
Ian added it
May 24, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Meril
Meril rated it it was ok
May 18, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
  • Foul Play at the PTA  (Beth Kennedy #2)
  • Harrowing Hats
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • Murder Grins and Bears It (Gertie Johnson #2)
  • Silent Auction (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #5)
  • A Killing in Antiques (Lucy St. Elmo Antiques, #1)
  • Let's Play Dead (Museum, #2)
  • Daughter of Deceit (Family Tree, #3)
  • Pie A la Murder (A Della Cooks Mystery #4)
  • Ink Flamingos (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #4)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Sudden Death Sudoku (Katie McDonald, #2)
  • Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)

A Georgiana Neverall Mystery (3 books)
  • Sink Trap (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #1)
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)