Gordon Ramsay Makes It Easy. with Mark Sargeant and Helen Tillott

Gordon Ramsay Makes It Easy. with Mark Sargeant and Helen Tillott

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  212 ratings  ·  18 reviews
International superstar chef Gordon Ramsay shows how you can eat great food at home all the time - without breaking the bank or spending hours in the kitchen. Still using the very best ingredients (but not too many of them), brilliant combinations of flavors, and uncomplicated cooking methods, he's produced a selection of 100 quick and easy recipes for every possible occas...more
Hardcover
Published May 1st 2005 by Quadrille Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about Gordon Ramsay Makes It Easy. with Mark Sargeant and Helen Tillott

Darren
What is it with many famous chefs when they write a cookbook or, even worse, when they get to front their own television series!Often they tend to forget the relative cooking skill level of those watching, which can lead to dishes being more complex than necessary or one is left searching for some exotic ingredient that might make a difference at a top restaurant to justify the price but in the average home...

Here British chef Gordon Ramsay has attempted to do things his own way whilst hopefully...more
Matt
I've only attempted making a few things from this book, but they are all absurdly easy to make! The only downside is that all of the ingredients, when following them to the letter, are really pricey! And I love the fact that you don't need the Top Chef kitchen to make everything. He says in the book things like, "if you want to make THIS you need THIS REALLY EXPENSIVE AND HARD TO FIND THING, but THIS SIMPLE AND CHEAP THING YOU PROBABLY HAVE ALREADY BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS will also work just...more
Marie
Meran
Sep 21, 2012 Meran rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any aspiring cook
Shelves: cookbooks
After seeing him for years on tv, and hearing his opinions on Masterchef (among other shows), I decided to buy one of his cookbooks. I read a recommendation on Barnes & Noble that said this book is good for home cooks, that the recipes are more like everyday cooks would use.

I'm not sure if that description fits. There are more fish recipes in this cookbook than any other cookbook that's not labeled "Fish Cookbook"! More than half of the meat recipes are for fish. Which may just encourage me...more
Hafidha
He really does make everything look easy if it's got ingredients I don't normally buy. Nice thing is you can repeat the same few dishes over and over. Comes with a DVD featuring five dishes being made by Chef Ramsay, and they are a pleasure to watch. My cooking ability is average and these were easy to follow and the results were good. Great photographs, love that he includes a section on cooking with kids, and the exposition is nice - sounds so personable, like how the chef talks in his videos.
Simon
This book is filled with simple yet delicious recipes made by my favorite English chef. I enjoyed reading his views of qualities of meats and breads while giving advice of what types of produce and products to look for and the best ways to prepare and cook them. I hope that I will one day be able to achieve success as that of Gordon Ramsay with my own culinary desires and acting wishes.
Jessica Oban
Oct 03, 2009 Jessica Oban rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love to cook & those who don't know how but want to learn
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
I cannot believe how easy these recipes are. This is defiantly a cook book to buy. The pictures are gorgeous, it's wonderfully explained and includes a DVD showing how to make about five of the recipes. My mouth waters just flipping through. It's perfect for a beginner home cook.
Melissa
Many of the recipes call for things that I don't have access to or don't enjoy because of personal preference. Still,I will gladly try some recipes and I'm sure I will enjoy them. The wild mushroom risotto and the lobster spaghetti to name a few.
Wendy
my son wants to be a chief, and we love Hell's kitchen. We started watching Hell's Kitchen because I wanted him to see the kind of people he could be working for, and the pressure situations, etc. In spite of all that, he still wants it.
De
I love to cook and have already used a number of recipes from this book. When I get concerned about the calories I find substitutes because some of the recipes can be very rich but are not beyond the reach of anyone who loves to cook.
Tanya
Good book, plenty of recipes and pictures for the recipes. My only problem? I don't like fish... Most of the recipes are fish. It's not too big of a problem because everyone I know likes fish, so I'll make them fish! :P
Susan Gast
This guy's up there with Jamie Oliver - love 'em both. Just wish he wouldn't swear so much! But - he doesn't use the 'f' word in his book, or at least I don't recall seeing it! LOL
Arfi
I love the photos although recipes are not quite easy to follow. I mean his pantry is different from mine. I just love his fondant potatoes. Delicious!
Samantha
Every recipe I've tried out of this book has been excellent, and, as an added bonus, the pictures are beautiful.
Héctor
The recipes I have been able to make are great. The problem lies in that many of the recipes are not everyday meals.
Jen
The illustrations of the food looked very nice, but there were very few recipes in the book that I would actually make.
Crystal
Aug 29, 2009 Crystal marked it as cookery  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
His recipes seemed very easy to make, but he uses alot of seafood. Which I do not like.
Lori Tatar
Perfect ingredients...easy but savory dishes.
Chriz Santos
Chriz Santos marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Krystal Campau
Krystal Campau marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Guernsey Zoo
Guernsey Zoo marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Afiq Alias
Afiq Alias marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Temre Sharpe
Temre Sharpe marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Gordon James Ramsay, OBE, is a British chef, television personality and restaurateur. He has been awarded a total of 16 Michelin Stars, and in 2001 became one of only three chefs in the United Kingdom to hold three Michelin stars at one time. Ramsay currently ranks 3rd in the world in terms of Michelin Stars behind Joël Robuchon and Alain Ducasse.

Ramsay is known for presenting TV programmes about...more
More about Gordon Ramsay...
Humble Pie Roasting in Hell's Kitchen: Temper Tantrums, F Words, and the Pursuit of Perfection Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food: Recipes from the F Word. with Mark Sargeant and Emily Quah Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course Cooking for Friends